The Sri Lankan Exodus

julianlev

Well we've all heard the news By May 5th the teams are going to be missing their big name Sri Lankan players who are being called home I am really interested in how this will end up affecting the teams So what do you guys think, which teams will be affected worst and who will be the likely replacements?

Well we've all heard the news By May 5th the teams are going to be missing their big name Sri Lankan players who are being called home I am really interested in how this will end up affecting the teams So what do you guys think, which teams will be affected worst and who will be the likely replacements?
Apart from Malinga, everyone else has been a failure. Besides, from next week, the aussies would be in town. So apart from DC,Kochi and MI, other teams would be ok with it.

MI will be most severely affected. Kochi might actually benefit when Jayawardena and Muralitharan leave.

Kochi will still have murali and perera. Malinga mostly will not go for tests. Sanga leaving might bring luck to DC, such a strong team and they can't pull things together. Dilshan will be a big loss, they lose a full time bowler, fielder, back up keeper and dashing opener. Mahela - two bad innings, but he'll bounce back. so he'll be a big loss. Randiv - the only hope for CSK's bowling other than Ashwin. He is very unlucky to go for occasional boundaries.

IMO....CSK & Kochi will be effected. DC should be happy to see a tired & not interested Sanga go. MI only if Malinga leaves...but I read that has retired from Test...he announded that last year I think because he gets frequently injured...ala Tait.

Kochi will still have murali and perera. Malinga mostly will not go for tests. Sanga leaving might bring luck to DC, such a strong team and they can't pull things together. Dilshan will be a big loss, they lose a full time bowler, fielder, back up keeper and dashing opener. Mahela - two bad innings, but he'll bounce back. so he'll be a big loss. Randiv - the only hope for CSK's bowling other than Ashwin. He is very unlucky to go for occasional boundaries.
White has been in awful form giving him the captaincy may hurt DC they filled their team with foreighn guys but their Indian Talent is not that great IMO.

Doesn't BCCI own the SLCB literally ? .. thought I read that they gave them a huge loan 2 years back to bail them out We should be using them as a "feeder club" and snatch Malinga and Angelo
I dont think players themselves would like to go when there is so much money at stake for them.

^ Dont think so. They are what they are and get the IPL contract because they play for Srilankan cricket team. I'm sure Srilankans fans would be really pissed , if a player doesn't turn up for national duty and I dont think any Asian cricketer would prefer money at the cost of fans wrath.

^ Dont think so. They are what they are and get the IPL contract because they play for Srilankan cricket team. I'm sure Srilankans fans would be really pissed ' date=' if a player doesn't turn up for national duty and I dont think any Asian cricketer would prefer money at the cost of fans wrath.[/quote'] But the situation here is completely different. Both the Sri Lankan board and the players had agreed to the 10th May deadline. Now just because some goverment official felt insulted, they are withdrawing their players and going back on their agreement. Its nothing to do with country against club, but only ego issues. Neither BCCI nor Sri Lankan players are going to stand for it

Randiv is useless. Yes we will be a spinner short, but that's just the way it is. Bollinger and Hussey will be joining soon, so we will be fine. Kochi has the most $$$ invested on SL players. Jaya is useless, but Murali can and will always be good. Malinga I don't think will go cause he didn't play even the last test series.