P*ssed off at guys like Jadeja and Murali Vijay

Ultimate_Game

They play like stars in IPL and look like they will smash all-comers and when they are picked for India and play intl cricket they play like chimps :mad: This IPL same thing's happening and my worry is Indian selectors will fall for it again and pick Murali Vijay and jadeja for WI and the likes of Pujara, Rahane or Uthappa will be left home to ply their trade in domestic cricket :((

I wouldn't put Vijay and Jaddu in the same basket. Vijay did decently well in Tests. Vijay should just stick to Tests. He has good temperament' date=' good range of strokes.[/quote'] My mistake... I was referring to Vijay as a odi or T20 batsman. IMO Vijay is a Test batsman and should only be selected for Tests. In shorter formats of the game his go to shot is the hoick across the line on the leg side towards wide long on or mid wicket. Against better bowlers or pitch doing something he can't succeed. Both Jadeja and Vijay in the shorter formats are similar - successful against lesser quality bowlers on flat pitches and pants at intl level.

Vijay is a decent player. You should be more annoyed with selectors who fall for IPL rubbish
You are right... selectors should learn from earlier mistakes and not fall for the same trick every time. IMO Vijay is a decent player only in Tests. At intl level he's not a good enough odi or T20 player.

If the slectors select this valapthy joker they need blind folding and shooting
Agree fully... if guys like Valthaty or Manish Pandey make it to intl team solely on IPL form, it would make a mockery of domestic cricket. IPL is good for getting you the limelight but you still have to perform at the domestic level. That's why I will put guys like Uthappa ahead on the list as they have performed at the domestic level. IPL may be used for fast-tracking domestic players in some cases but not to the extent that domestic cricket is totally ignored.

P*issed off at fans like Ultimate_Game and vvvslaxman.... They seem to criticize every good and bad performances. Typical losers and start wanking if it is more " connected" player who is playing but where was this connection ever with players?

P*issed off at fans like Ultimate_Game and vvvslaxman.... They seem to criticize every good and bad performances. Typical losers and start wanking if it is more " connected" player who is playing but where was this connection ever with players?
who are those "connected" players .. all you need to be is a sensible cricket fan to know who is hack who is promising.

Seems like you cherished those memorable performances by Sir Jadeja and Murali "The Bradman" Vijay in T20 cups in 2009 and 2010 :winky:

who are those "connected" players .. all you need to be is a sensible cricket fan to know who is hack who is promising.
Hell no, you seem unable to judge players fairly. You seem to have a thing or two for more "appropriate" looking male players. Maybe that is why you fail to see any talent in him while you still believe in IP. :hysterical::hysterical:

Hell no, you seem unable to judge players fairly. You seem to have a thing or two for more "appropriate" looking male players. Maybe that is why you fail to see any talent in him while you still believe in IP. :hysterical::hysterical:
I only wish him to do well. That doesn't mean he should be in the side. He has done well for India. I don't think Jaddu has not achieved even 20% of what IKP achieved for us. Helped win a Test match. As a 19 year old he batted close to 5 hours in a Test match against Mcgrath and co What the heck Jaddu has done except in the IPL? That too few 30s and 20s.

Or rather seems like you are still living in the past :hysterical::hysterical:
Nope I learn from mistakes... here's my logic and I would love to hear yours' 1. IPL 1 and IPL 2 - Jadeja and Vijay in amazing form, scoring heavily against everyone in IPL 2. Jadeja and Vijay picked for T20 Cups 3. They fared miserably and were found out at intl level and no surprizes India crashed out without even a single win in super 6s 4. Jadeja and Vijay score heavily and perform well in IPL 4 Now I believe in the adage "Definition of lunacy is doing the same thing and expecting different results" and that's why I won't follow the earlier loop indefinitely coz I have been there and seen the results. I would monitor how Jadeja and Vijay perform at the domestic level before giving them a chance at intl level again. In the meantime I will opt for somebody like Uthappa who has at least performed at intl level, has performed well enough in the domestic cricket and seems to have improved his game in shorter format. Based on this logic you tell me why guys like Vijay or Jadeja deserve a spot ahead of folks like Uthappa?

Nope I learn from mistakes... here's my logic and I would love to hear yours' 1. IPL 1 and IPL 2 - Jadeja and Vijay in amazing form, scoring heavily against everyone in IPL 2. Jadeja and Vijay picked for T20 Cups 3. They fared miserably and were found out at intl level and no surprizes India crashed out without even a single win in super 6s 4. Jadeja and Vijay score heavily and perform well in IPL 4 Now I believe in the adage "Definition of lunacy is doing the same thing and expecting different results" and that's why I won't follow the earlier loop indefinitely coz I have been there and seen the results. I would monitor how Jadeja and Vijay perform at the domestic level before giving them a chance at intl level again. In the meantime I will opt for somebody like Uthappa who has at least performed at intl level, has performed well enough in the domestic cricket and seems to have improved his game in shorter format. Based on this logic you tell me why guys like Vijay or Jadeja deserve a spot ahead of folks like Uthappa?
I only wish him to do well. That doesn't mean he should be in the side. He has done well for India. I don't think Jaddu has not achieved even 20% of what IKP achieved for us. Helped win a Test match. As a 19 year old he batted close to 5 hours in a Test match against Mcgrath and co What the heck Jaddu has done except in the IPL? That too few 30s and 20s.
Not again, let me start with first You both do understand, that what is see is not everything. Their is also domestics and Jadeja was the leading wicket leader.

Even Uthappas can fall in this category - doesn't do much in the First Class matches but plays Cameos in IPL. Though if Jadeja can get a chance why not him?
But Uthappa did well in some of the pressure ODI matches like the one in England, one in Mumbai against Australia. Did well in world T20 in few matches. So he is not totally an IPL product.

Even Uthappas can fall in this category - doesn't do much in the First Class matches but plays Cameos in IPL. Though if Jadeja can get a chance why not him?
Coz Uthappa has improved his game leaps and bound since he was dropped plus can keep wkts in the shorter format thus play as Dhoni's backup. Also, Uthappa has performed reasonably well at the intl level - played crucial role in T20 win and played decent enough in the CB Series finals against Aussies.