P*ssed off at guys like Jadeja and Murali Vijay

Ultimate_Game

@UG Agree with everything u said man but Vijay was not in Ipl 1 and sadly Jadeja had done well in domestic circuit due to which he was picked in 09 but i agree Valthaty or Jadeja are not international materials
My mistake, but the point I made was that Vijay was picked in the T20 Cup squad based on his IPL performances alone (maybe IPL 2 if not IPL 1) and was found out at the intl level. Why make same mistakes again especially if you have players who performed at the domestic level or guys like Uthappa who at least did perform at the intl level and has improved his game since the time he was dropped.

Ok why is IPL T20 performance not a good enough factor for picking in international T20 team? There are no other T20 domestics to go by for national team selection. :dontknow: I agree that it makes no sense as a criteria for ODI and test selection, but for T20s it is ok IMO. Regarding Vijay, the fact that he does better in tests and rather poorly in ODIs is a bit baffling. He had his chances during the recent SAF tour and blew it. I think he deserves more ODI chances given that guys like Kaif got to play forever while being mediocre.

@UG I completely agree with you i dont know if its true or not but Valthaty was in contention for the tour of Windies
If that happens it will send a very worrying message to everyone, especially guys like Pujara, Rahane etc. that domestic cricket doesn't count for much and one or two innings in IPL are enough to warrant you selection in the Indian team.

@yoda Vijay also failed in Zimbabwe
yea.. he has no clue about how to play ODIs. Frankly nothing wrong in admitting it. After playing for so many years, Viru is still to find some consistency in ODIs. Some batsmen don't know at what pace they have to go in ODI innings. It comes naturally to some. Rohit flopped too. Karthik never wanted to take the next big step.Aways happy to score 50 or 60 and get out after that. Kohli broke that trend.

There is nothing wrong with vijay and jadeja at international level. the problem with this thread is the flawed understanding and ill conceived judgement of some posters here. adapting to international cricket is a process.it has to do with exposure. if they have proper exposure, they will figure out the issues and succeed eventually. whining about inexperienced cricketers everytime ,serves no purpose here except wasting forum space with uninformed garbage. issues are identified and players will be asked to work on it either internationally or domestics to rise to the level where they can be established internationals. but that call will be made by team amangement including coach, captain, senior players and selectors. they don't care about icf posters here

Ok why is IPL T20 performance not a good enough factor for picking in international T20 team? There are no other T20 domestics to go by for national team selection. :dontknow: I agree that it makes no sense as a criteria for ODI and test selection, but for T20s it is ok IMO. Regarding Vijay, the fact that he does better in tests and rather poorly in ODIs is a bit baffling. He had his chances during the recent SAF tour and blew it. I think he deserves more ODI chances given that guys like Kaif got to play forever while being mediocre.
As long as the selction is only for T20 cricket I am ok with it but at the same time you can't keep on picking the same players every time. Vijay has been given enough chances in both odis and T20s at intl level for us to see he can't perform at intl level at this point. Let him score heavily in domestic cricket in the shorter format (List A) and then be given a chance again. I mean somebody like Uthappa has to be ahead of Vijay considering the fact Uthappa actually did perform at the intl level and has improved a bit more since then.

IPL :dontknow:
To an extent IPL is the answer. But a bang - bang thank you mam format isn't the perfect platform to learn the art of building your innings or defending your wicket against wily swing,seam and spin and pace. Thats what they require.

IMO, Vijay was the only such flop Look at the other IPL india stars : Mishra (kumble's replacement), Ojha, Raina, Yusuf, Kohli, Ashwin - all have done an amazing job And Jadeja, yes he did screw up in a few imp matches and in world T20 - but even Dhoni did equally bad there. Otherwise, his statistics have been better than all the other young all rounders in the past three years - be it matthews or bresnan

Regarding Vijay' date=' the fact that he does better in tests and rather poorly in ODIs is a bit baffling. He had his chances during the recent SAF tour and blew it. .[/quote'] even sachin or dravid didn't average 30 for more than 25+ matches. when dravid failed in a series of first 10 one day matches, there were angry letters saying why he was getting picked despite poor performnaces. fortunately test cricket in england saved him. yuvraj the man of the WC was averaging around 28 afer 54 matches. when ganguly came in 1992, he was totally lost in his one innings vs WI.even in 1996, he was dropped in toronto after complaints he was not rotating strike properly.he was strangled by symcox on his leg side play in the titan cup. he went on to become one of the best ODI batsmen and at that stage no one would have thought. All these things do not matter once players succeed.

Kohli was the highest run getter in the list A tournaments along with badri. You could see that in his international performance.
Feel for Badri... the guy deserved a run in the Test team ahead of the likes of Vijay, Raina and even Yuvi. Somehow he always missed the boat. Hope Rahane gets a chance at the Test level as he has proven himself at the domestic level and deserves a chance at least.