Sathya Sai Baba passes away

nballa

I posted this yesterday but deleted it to give the believers some space. But since this thread have already gone beyond the OP,i will post it again. If i defraud a company off 10 billion $ and i give 9 billion to charity, am i a good person to give so much money to charity or am i a bad person for keeping 1 billion?
Not a black or white question.

I posted this yesterday but deleted it to give the believers some space. But since this thread have already gone beyond the OP,i will post it again. If i defraud a company off 10 billion $ and i give 9 billion to charity, am i a good person to give so much money to charity or am i a bad person for keeping 1 billion?
What has he kept for himself? He has no kids, no family and has left EVERYTHING to the trust. You need to do better than that. May be bring the unproven sex scandals and random youtube videos showing he faked some of his magic perhaps? For his followers, he is more than just magic and trickery. He preached love for other humans and acceptance of all religions and helping the poor and needy. He came in the vision of many rich people and they decided to throw in their millions his way. Why don't you try the same if you think you can pull it off? And while you are at it make guys like Abdul Kalam and MMS and Sunny Gavaskar and SRT to also buy into your trickery and magic to give yourself some credibility. It would help you and others to read this piece by Kalam before writing more garbage. http://saiprema.wordpress.com/2011/04/22/sathya-sai-baba-a-divine-legend-dr-apj-abdul-kalam-april-22-2011/

What has he kept for himself? He has no kids, no family and has left EVERYTHING to the trust. You need to do better than that. May be bring the unproven sex scandals and random youtube videos showing he faked some of his magic perhaps? For his followers, he is more than just magic and trickery. He preached love for other humans and acceptance of all religions and helping the poor and needy. He came in the vision of many rich people and they decided to throw in their millions his way. Why don't you try the same if you think you can pull it off? And while you are at it make guys like Abdul Kalam and MMS and Sunny Gavaskar and SRT to also buy into your trickery and magic to give yourself some credibility. It would help you and others to read this piece by Kalam before writing more garbage. http://saiprema.wordpress.com/2011/04/22/sathya-sai-baba-a-divine-legend-dr-apj-abdul-kalam-april-22-2011/
His philanthropy is his justification of being a reincarnation of god?

His philanthropy is his justification of being a reincarnation of god?
So what if some people believe he is GOD. How does it affect YOU? Are they killing anyone? Are they asking YOU to follow them? May be he is a reincarnation of GOD. You can't disprove it and they aren't asking you to agree with them.

A blatant charlatan/con-artist who preyed upon people's insecurities and fears and duped them of their hard earned money in exchange for supposed fantasy magic tricks.... To quote Chris Hitchens on the day Pat Robertson died - I am sure he isnt going to heaven and its a pity there isnt a hell for him to go to. His charitable acts were nothing but a smoke-screen for the elaborate scam-industry that was going on in the background. We need less men of faith and more men of reason, good riddance!

A blatant charlatan/con-artist who preyed upon people's insecurities and fears and duped them of their hard earned money in exchange for supposed fantasy magic tricks.... To quote Chris Hitchens on the day Pat Robertson died - I am sure he isnt going to heaven and its a pity there isnt a hell for him to go to. His charitable acts were nothing but a smoke-screen for the elaborate scam-industry that was going on in the background. We need less men of faith and more men of reason, good riddance!
Please enlighten me about the scam-industry. They were audited by each of the Big 4 audit firms to my knowledge and they never qualified their report.

The bold part is definition of our government and the Tax system it runs. As for he getting money, I never heard him threatening or terrorizing people to give him money. People gave it on their own. You pay the insurance company, don't you ? That is to give you peace of mind just in case. Similarly, if donating money to this guy and his charitable trust gave certain people peace of mind, I am all for it. He might not be insurance, but the final result we all strive for is Peace of Mind.

So what if some people believe he is GOD. How does it affect YOU? Are they killing anyone? Are they asking YOU to follow them? May be he is a reincarnation of GOD. You can't disprove it and they aren't asking you to agree with them.
So the only thing this guy had going for him was that he did a lot of philanthropic work, not using his OWN MONEY mind you ... :hahaha: Can anyone question the allegations of sexual abuse or his supposed miracles ? Nope, he did a lot of philanthropic work so he's immune of criticism.

The bold part is definition of our government and the Tax system it runs. As for he getting money, I never heard him threatening or terrorizing people to give him money. People gave it on their own. You pay the insurance company, don't you ? That is to give you peace of mind just in case. Similarly, if donating money to this guy and his charitable trust gave certain people peace of mind, I am all for it. He might not be insurance, but the final result we all strive for is Peace of Mind.
I dont exactly know which side of the fence you stand on, but i will say this - that is one of the most ridiculous justifications i have ever seen given, to mask the activities of blunt cheats. If peace of mind is the ultimate be all and end all of things, then hired thugs who assault money-lenders, at the behest of the person who borrowed money because he couldnt repay it, have to be one of the most noble men of this planet.

Please enlighten me about the scam-industry. They were audited by each of the Big 4 audit firms to my knowledge and they never qualified their report.
You can take those 'audit reports' and use them as bonfire fuel, thanks.

I cant think of anything more criminal and heinous than to exploit weak, susceptible people, dupe them of their hard earned money in exchange for fake solace. How are self-appointed Godmen like these any different than any of those multitude of private chit-funds that promised to double your money 30 days or promised astronomical amounts of interest and ripped them off their life savings? Unfortunately, much like in the US, in India, if you somehow manage to call yourself 'Godmen', you can get away with the most extraordinary offences and insults to human dignity.

I cant think of anything more criminal and heinous than to exploit weak, susceptible people, dupe them of their hard earned money in exchange for fake solace. How are self-appointed Godmen like these any different than any of those multitude of private chit-funds that promised to double your money 30 days or promised astronomical amounts of interest and ripped them off their life savings? Unfortunately, much like in the US, in India, if you somehow manage to call yourself 'Godmen', you can get away with the most extraordinary offences and insults to human dignity.
Thats the reflection of his followers then himself. What about all the other gods? They get more money by the truckloads every hour..........are they somehow more respectable devotees then those following this person?

Thats the reflection of his followers then himself. What about all the other gods? They get more money by the truckloads every hour..........are they somehow more respectable devotees then those following this person?
Dude, you clearly dont know me. When it comes to religion/faith/godmen, i am an equal opportunity hater. I despise all of them, with the same vengeance and vigor.

This guy is another self proclaimed "bhagwan", goes by the name Shree Rajneesh This supposed miracle worker left quite a lifestyle, rode in Rolls Royce cars, lived in big mansions and had gullible fools who catered to his every whim Heres "bhagwan" Rajneeshi on one of his daily trips to his comfy little pad: Osho_Drive_By.jpg The guy was than later busted for entering the country illegally :hahaha: Osho_%28Bhagwan_Shree_Rajneesh%29_-_Mug_shot_Multnomah_County%2C_Oregon%2C_USA_1985.jpg The guy was quite a fornicater himself, became a self styled sex guru :hysterical:

This guy is another self proclaimed "bhagwan", goes by the name Shree Rajneesh This supposed miracle worker left quite a lifestyle, rode in Rolls Royce cars, lived in big mansions and had gullible fools who catered to his every whim Heres "bhagwan" Rajneeshi on one of his daily trips to his comfy little pad: Osho_Drive_By.jpg The guy was than later busted for entering the country illegally :hahaha: Osho_%28Bhagwan_Shree_Rajneesh%29_-_Mug_shot_Multnomah_County%2C_Oregon%2C_USA_1985.jpg
How is that relevant to this thread? How many mansions did Sai Baba have? How many Rolls Royce cars did he ride in?

How is that relevant to this thread? How many mansions did Sai Baba have? How many Rolls Royce cars did he ride in?
Forget material possessions, they conned people in their own way. Btw, what is Sai Baba's claim to being a miracle worker? Please don't bring up philanthropy and charity work, that stuff doesn't count :laugh: Pulling random **** out of the air and cheap parlour tricks don't count either.