Harbhajan's short run

The Outsider

If there is no action taken' date=' what's stopping any top order batsman batting with the tail to keep getting one run short with the field spread out as well as keep strike. That ways the score keeps moving and the top order batsman keeps strike - have your cake and eat it too.[/quote'] over-reaction... bhajji's case was completely different , the other batsman completed full 2 runs. At max, it was a warning scenario. However, agree with the point that bhajji is the worst behaved cricketer...Most registered offenses by match referees, cant take a loss n slaps sresanth etc etc....

I havent seen the video but if he realized that it wasnt a run and he just thought that he will just run back and keep the strike instead of a single. Thats giving him the benefit of doubt.
Watch the video - he freaking grounded his bat mid pitch before turning back. When a batsman realizes there is no run and he is midway down the pitch he would scramble the turn around rather than pretend to ground the bat in a 3 meter away crease.

I havent seen the video but if he realized that it wasnt a run and he just thought that he will just run back and keep the strike instead of a single. Thats giving him the benefit of doubt.
also, I got the impression tht the other guy was running 2 blind....so, it wouldn't have been a good idea to signal to him to stop coz he already would have been half way in the second run by the time bhajji completed one.....

Seems like a rule change is in order. How about - "for a shot, if any of the runs is short, declare all the runs prior also as invalid". :dontknow: That said, he is entitled to do whatever is necessary within the rules to help his team win.

Obvious cheating. Not tantamount to deciding against a run after taking a couple of steps out - other batsman kept his side of the bargain and completed the run. Surprised more people haven't tried this when batting with the Munaf Patels of this world if they only get a warning first time...though I suppose they try and make it less blatant than Bhajan's retarded bat-grounding about 5 metres from the crease.

Bhajji is the most unlikely Indian cricketer to be frank. I like his passion for the nation and for cricket but he has done far many mistakes on the field for an Indian cricketer who are known for their humility and grace. That was despicable act to be frank. Sreesanth gets all the abuse but to be frank Bhajji does a lot more despicable acts than Sree. Not related to this act but I would like to see him dropped from the Indian team for sometime. I am more worried about his performances than his indiscipline. Other Indian spinners who have been outperforming him needs to be given a chance soon or domestic cricketers would never want to bowl spin as they would never get a chance in the team. Ashwin, Mishra etc. are bowling a lot better than Bhajji as of now and both can bat a bit too like Bhajji.