You Know You Grew Up in India in the 90s When…

ganeshran

I think that our generation is by far the most balanced and ambitious generation we've ever had. The guys who grew up in the 80s are way more conservative, introverted and idealistic.
Lol, every generation thinks it is. I have heard my father say this same dialogue a hundred times, and am sure I will hear my grandkid do the same one day as well.

Shakti, Tara, what was Mita Vasisht's character's name? there was also one more damn cool serial which would come at around 11:30 or 12:00 on Sunday mornings...Indradanush. Damn neat story it was....a "computer" from Andromeda galaxy and then a couple of episodes on time travel back to the 1940s. Anyone remember the cartoon that would come at about 7:45 AM or 8:15 AM on Sunday mornings...this is more in 1985 and 86...the girl/boy has a torch light and a dog and all...dunno the name of it though. Just before Spiderman they would show that.
Do you know that the chubby kid from Indradanush was Karan Johar? Other series I liked were 'The Stone Boy'- Two siblings discover a stone on top of a hill. Legend has it that it was a cowherd who was turned into stone after a rishi cursed him. The kids sing to the stone and it comes to life and becomes a boy. He is with them for only 3 days and only the brother and sister can see him. Much hilarity ensues Giant Robot (AKA Johnny Sokko and His Flying Robot )- awesome Japani show, loved it Kile ka rahashya- Suspnese thriller where people are trapped in a fort and killed off one by one. Killer leaves a bloody hand-print at all scenes Ashish?- A kid gets a wishing stone and uses it to put things right Ek, do, teen char- 4 kids inspired by seeing bravery awards on TV, form a club to fight crime. Based losely on famous five

Seeing that all ICFers have atleast 90% memories in common' date=' I am convinced none of those were real but mere memory implants... we are all just batteries in some pod awaiting liquidation / experimented upon by evil machines / aliens[/quote'] Matrix! :woot:

Sunday mornings the all roads were deserted...Everyone was watching Mahabharta or Ramayan. Best time to take chakkar on your cycle.
Sunday morning, before 9:00 am, all work of Mum, house helper, gardener etc. used to get completed..Even neighbours (who didn't had TV sets) used to arrive before 9:00 and settle down... :cantstop: Oh those days..

Maruti Esteem was the ultimate luxury car. I also remember waiting for gifts of phoren stuff from Relatives from 'Gulf' Yamaha RD 350 was the ultimate bike. Remember people talking about Harshad Mehta (Didnt understand at that time) Cable TV started with 10-12 channels and most TVs had 8-12 preset stations. The 90s were the times of great changes. Happy days!!!!!!!!

The seven o'clock news that used to interrupt the Sunday evening movie. Waiting for the words 'bishesh bishesh khobor...' (the headlines once again) because that meant the movie will resume soon. :yay: Seeing pics of Pamela Bordes in all the magazines and having no clue what the controversy was all about. :girl_sigh: