You Know You Grew Up in India in the 90s When…

ganeshran

One of the things that happened in a major way in the 90s was Indian women wining beauty contests. What stood out especially was 1994 - Sushmita Sen won Miss Universe and Aishwarya Rai won Miss India. It was a grand year and in a way, it changed the fortunes of the Indian fashion world. I was a huge fan of Aisshwarya those days alright, but Sushmita Sen for me was always the original beauty queen. Her performance in Miss Universe was just amazing. The confidence she showed was inspiring and that disarming charming smile was fantastic. She looked so much at home on that stage and in spite of some very tough competition, she looked least bothered. As if she had just gone there to have a good time and nothing else. Her answers were intelligent, her personality was frank and honest and she looked stunningly beautiful. One of the best Miss Universe competitions ever, for the sheer competition and one of the most deserved beauty queen titles. Love you, Sush. :love: 7PDqsS6VCek

'The Stone Boy'- Two siblings discover a stone on top of a hill. Legend has it that it was a cowherd who was turned into stone after a rishi cursed him. The kids sing to the stone and it comes to life and becomes a boy. He is with them for only 3 days and only the brother and sister can see him. Much hilarity ensues
Stone Boy , used to watch it regularly :two_thumbs_up: Others being Paramveer Chakar Tipu sultan Bikram Betaal Taaro (animated series) Good times those :hatsoff:

One of the things that happened in a major way in the 90s was Indian women wining beauty contests. What stood out especially was 1994 - Sushmita Sen won Miss Universe and Aishwarya Rai won Miss India. It was a grand year and in a way, it changed the fortunes of the Indian fashion world. I was a huge fan of Aisshwarya those days alright, but Sushmita Sen for me was always the original beauty queen. Her performance in Miss Universe was just amazing. The confidence she showed was inspiring and that disarming charming smile was fantastic. She looked so much at home on that stage and in spite of some very tough competition, she looked least bothered. As if she had just gone there to have a good time and nothing else. Her answers were intelligent, her personality was frank and honest and she looked stunningly beautiful. One of the best Miss Universe competitions ever, for the sheer competition and one of the most deserved beauty queen titles. Love you, Sush. :love: 7PDqsS6VCek
+1 ... remember my 70 yr old grand uncle coming to our home to watch this alone because his TV haad some problem...

I haven't read prev pages but did anyone mention Surabhi?? that travel show used to be my favorite where people would send postcards from all over the country....ahh those days...human touch is missing now...too much reliant on technology feeling nostalgic now :(( why did we have to grow up :hitler:
I still remember that surabhi episode where some guy drank a glass full of someone else's very yellow piss. I was so shocked.

I haven't read prev pages but did anyone mention Surabhi?? that travel show used to be my favorite where people would send postcards from all over the country....ahh those days...human touch is missing now...too much reliant on technology feeling nostalgic now :(( why did we have to grow up :hitler:
Surbhi was awesome.. so much information.. and that typical music with table and all..