Rahul Sharma

Rahul Sharma  

1. 1.

• Yes, surely.
    • No, definitely not now
    • Can't say. Might be a gamble if picked

You never know. Only spin isn't necessary, bounce also plays a role on pitches like these. Look at swann he has turned it miles but hasn't been all that effective. So Rahul Sharma could be really good given he has more control on line and length and turns it (a little though).

I'd rather give chance to Ashwin who has proved time and again in ODI's and has a large heart. Also I reckon one of Abdulla and Bhat should have a look in in shorter format of the game.
Ashwin is an offie, Abdulla is too young and needs to prove himself in domestic first,, he averaged 40 in Emerging players tournament.
I'd rather give chance to Ashwin who has proved time and again in ODI's and has a large heart. Also I reckon one of Abdulla and Bhat should have a look in in shorter format of the game.
I think bounce is even more dangerous than turning huge, if some one is accurate like Rahul is..though he will have to do well in ranji as well to be picked for. bounce can catch a batsman.
I think bounce is even more dangerous than turning huge' date=' if some one is accurate like Rahul is..though he will have to do well in ranji as well to be picked for. bounce can catch a batsman.[/quote'] No doubt about that ! I was really impressed by this guy in IPL the way he bowled but I dont want to fast track him for WI series. He had a good chance to go to emrging players tournament but he got injured. He should be allowed to do well in Ranji to see how he backs up his IPL performance, he should be selected only if he does well.
If players who aren't even fit enough to last a match and who clearly don't want to play can get selected for the team why not some hungry kid who at least will give it his all?
Why not get in the U-19 players, will be fitter, more energetic and hungrier too? Just because mistakes have been made in the past, doesn't mean we go on repeating them.
Why not get in the U-19 players, will be fitter, more energetic and hungrier too? Just because mistakes have been made in the past, doesn't mean we go on repeating them.
How else do you send the message across? By selecting the same team without making any changes? I will have a new spinner and a new middle order batsman (Pujara or Rahane) along with a new pacer (whoever has the best stats in FC) to send the message to rest of the folks that they are not indispensable and if they perform the way they did they will be kicked out as well.

Sharma has had a good IPL and his List A record is decent. ODIs maybe but FAR from a test match bowler though for now. Guys like Bhatt of Baroda to name one is surely a better option, though again he is one more FC season and a few A team appearances away from a senior call up