Mumbai Indians Cheerleader thrown out of the country for secretly blogging

Texy

Guest Gunner
Which Europe you talking about? I was in one of Schengen country couple of yrs back. Due to some goof-up of my HR, local authorities were informed about end of my employment in the country. When our office got to know, I was immendiately asked to leave office and had to come back to India at earliest possible. Couldn't even get documents from my office computer. PS - I don't know if my HR could have handled my case diffrerently and could have bought some more time for me, but that's what happened with me.
I am sorry I can't answer for your individual case. I have been here quite some years and I don't know anyone who has been thrown out after having lost their jobs (an there were quite a few in 2008/09). But I see your point.

Guest Shivani

wow aaahhahahahahahahhahhahah @ :mi: cheerleaders now :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

What has modest culture got to do with rape? Rape is not committed by liberals, conservatives, modest etc. - it's committed by criminals, a significant number of whom would be psychologically bent. India, by and large, is a conservative society which in itself can lead to feelings of sexual repression. That leads to a multitude of social problems. Sure there are hypocrites who would say that 'Naari, devi ka roop hoti hai', and won't allow their girl child to even attend a dance class. However, I still fail to see the correlation of all this with cheerleaders. Surely, even you would agree that cheerleaders are not part of the Indian culture - at least while I was growing up no school, college, or university had a cheerleading team and I suspect it is still the case. Now that does not mean that we cannot adapt things from another culture - sure go ahead with the cheerleaders I don't have any problems with that, but that certainly does not make cheerleading a part of the Indian culture or even the urban Indian culture. Maybe the society will accept it and integrate it over the years and we will have cheerleading squads for all sports and teams.
In India, i believe that a lot of rape is committed by people who view women as less than men ala something like the middle east. A lot have nothing to do with this and has to do with their own sick mind, but there have been too many spousal rapes, raping women who are lower caste/status etc. That has a lot to do with how we have been viewing women. A lot of times girls cant travel in a crowded bus without being felt up. Eve teasing, is a word we have coined up/made our own to make sexual assault look nicer. Cheerleaders have ofcourse never been part of our sporting culture but things change. We didnt have those MTV reality shows before. Now we have them and if i am to believe some people here, they are quiet popular. Similar to US, that something like American Idol is now part of their culture, we too are defined by what we are right now.

In India, i believe that a lot of rape is committed by people who view women as less than men ala something like the middle east. A lot have nothing to do with this and has to do with their own sick mind, but there have been too many spousal rapes, raping women who are lower caste/status etc. That has a lot to do with how we have been viewing women. A lot of times girls cant travel in a crowded bus without being felt up. Eve teasing, is a word we have coined up/made our own to make sexual assault look nicer. Cheerleaders have ofcourse never been part of our sporting culture but things change. We didnt have those MTV reality shows before. Now we have them and if i am to believe some people here, they are quiet popular. Similar to US, that something like American Idol is now part of their culture, we too are defined by what we are right now.
+++ But those MTV shows are going a bit more than acceptable limits now IMO. I was just watching Roadies a couple of hours ago and their task was to remove all their clothes infront of a large audience of girls, boys and aunties and to get painted by a painter completely nude. The girls were looking at the Roadies' men contestants with binoculars too and watching their tool it seems. :giggle: So, yes it did not happen previously but to be frank getting completely nude on Indian TV in the name of reality show is also not a thing I admire. At least the cheerleaders are a lot better than these reality shows in that aspect.

change the thread name to indain culture and the art of rape
penc**d :hysterical::hysterical: this is evolution of a thread :P Though, I'm yet to understand the relationship between IPL cheergirls and rape :giggle:

Can we just ban cheer leading and IPL parties? It just doesn't suit our culture. There is absolutely no reason for them either. All we are doing is bring some loose women among our young cricketers. BCCI has better things to do than being a pimp.
You mean the culture that breeds like rabbits?Maybe the culture of red light districts or high rape rate in the capital. How about the culture of sexual assault in public transportation or thinking all white women are prostitutes?
That is not my argument at all. I don't care whether you have cheerleaders or not. I just find it hypocritical for a country with such a record of violence against women to claim that our "culture" is superior and therefore we shouldn't have cheerleaders. Quite clearly the crime rates are an indication that your culture is not as glorious as you think it is. Zap was quite right in saying culture is not necessarily only the 1000 years old past, it is also a reflection of current society and its actions.
Oyi...Since I started it all, I will attempt to clarify. Culture definition: The set of shared attitudes, values, goals, and practices that characterizes an institution, organization or group. In this case, the group is India. It's simply the way of life for majority of people. Cheerleading is not part of every day India's life. Girls walking around in skimpy clothes in public is not part of every day Indian life. Even the cheer leaders are not Indians. Guess why? Because there aren't enough girls available to do that. That should tell you something -- this is something that is thrust upon us with only one reason - economic reasons. @Zap -- the reason why you mention these exceptional cases is because they are relatively rare. It's done by criminals. If 50% of Indians are doing it, then talk to me that it's part of Indian 'culture'. It's like saying shooting kids in school is part of American culture. It's not. 99.99999999999% of people don't involve in/condone these activities. Anyways, I didn't say or think that Indian culture is 'superior'. It is what it is. It's has both good and bad.

Spot on. Furthermore, we should also ban cricket. Its alien to our culture. There is absolutely no reason for it either and it takes talent away from important indigenious games like galli danda, luka chupi, lagori, rioting, gundagardi and kabaddi . All we are doing is giving young people a chance to make quick bucks and taking them away from their farms and desk jobs. The youth have better things to do than cheering a bunch of people hitting a leather ball all over the park.
Ha ha...You are really funny. You are confusing history with culture. I'll tell you when Cheerleading can become part of Indian culture -- If majority of Indians allow their kids/sisters/wives/moms do cheer leading and go to the game to watch it proudly, Cheerleading would have become part of our culture. That's what happens in Western culture. Cheerleading is a competition, a sport. People let their kids do it. Men take their friends to go to games to watch their wives/girlfriends perform.

Pay me and I’ll tell all: Gabriella

In a bid to encash her newfound popularity, 22-year-old Mumbai Indians cheerleader Gabriella Pasqualotto is now demanding money to talk about her recent sacking from IPL for blogging about ‘flirtatious’ cricketers. When contacted by us for an interview, Pasqualotto, now back at home in South Africa, replied, “Due to the huge publicity and interest with my story, I have been approached by many media clientele, locally and internationally. I am in negotiations with my lawyer and I have decided to do one story for an independent newspaper in South Africa. I want to do one story for India, in which it should be my own exclusive story, written by me.” The message further read, “I have been offered a fee, in order to cover my funds. So if you are willing to pay, I will be happy to have an interview with you for a bio etc and discuss this matter further.” A reporter from a South African paper that broke the story, confirmed, on condition of anonymity, “Everyone wants Gabriella’s number. I’m afraid she has sold her story to a local paper and I’ve been instructed to stop giving her number to journalists. I believe her story will appear over the weekend.” Interestingly, in her tweets, Pasqualotto has denied writing what she did, for money or fame. “It’s not about the dollars,” she tweeted earlier. “Not after fame/money. Just want to be heard,” she wrote on Twitter again, on Wednesday. Why she’s in news Gabriella Pasqualotto, 22, a cheerleader of South African origin, was fired from the Indian Premier League’s Mumbai Indians cheerleading squad for alleging on her blog that cricketers misbehaved with her at post-match parties. It was later reported that three of the team’s players — Aiden Blizzard, Andrew Symond and Moises Henriques — had complained against her.
http://www.hindustantimes.com/Pay-me-and-I-ll-tell-all-Gabriella/Article1-696681.aspx

In India' date= i believe that a lot of rape is committed by people who view women as less than men ala something like the middle east. A lot have nothing to do with this and has to do with their own sick mind, but there have been too many spousal rapes, raping women who are lower caste/status etc. That has a lot to do with how we have been viewing women. A lot of times girls cant travel in a crowded bus without being felt up. Eve teasing, is a word we have coined up/made our own to make sexual assault look nicer.
:hysterical::hysterical: This is a classic. So this guy here 'thinks' that Indian rapists are a certain kind, and hence somehow more reprehensible, while the western rapists rape for different reasons, and somehow thats ok (since its not like middle east). Dude wtf ?