Whatmore out of the race.......

I would prefer, Ranatunga, or Mohinder Amarnaath. I dont care if they have any exp with coaching or not because these players are creame of india and I dont think they need coaching in terms of technique as much as corrective measures on some and more on temperament. These two guys have been known for it. Amarnaath, ranatunga, Dravid, Robin are all fighters and they can inject that into our team. Our players dont like tooo much of tweaking, and twisting with the way they play. Sehwag is one example, Gangs is second. These foreign coaches have messed up their style of play and no they aint good for anything. Our local coaches will be lot easy to communicate with and will understand our players better be able to help them. John was successfully to some extend because he gave lot of freedom to many sr players. He just messed up with Gangs and couple of bowlers. But otherwise, rest were quite happy with him cuz he never touched them, Dravid, Srt and Kumble are the xample. I hate SMG's politics but I agree with him here. Get a local coach this time, we had 2 coaches now get local.....

I love the surprise package BCCI always offer. I like the BCCI gurus way of shooting down the popularized views exasperated by press when it comes to decision making. It shows how you can keep a secret while media went hoopla over Whatmore... Whatmore is no God and a coach can do only limited coaching when you have players with long ass sticking around...

There is no question that Whatmore is the best available man for the job. He has worked with the subcontinental system in TWO different countries. Made one minnow a world champion, the other a contender at the world level. Meanwhile the other two supposed giants of the subcontinent have become real minnows in this time period.

his second stint with Lanka was rather ordinary' date=' to the point the team stagnated...[/quote'] Really ? This is what their record was like in his 4 seasons in charge from the summer of '99 'til the '03 World Cup; - SL beat AUS in the final of the AIWA Cup - Swept PAK 0-3 in their own backyard - Made the final of the Asia Cup - Beat SA to win the Singer Triangular Series at home - Beat IND in the final of the Coca Cola Cup at Sharjah (54 a.o.), - Thrashed NZ 1-4 in their own backyard - Beat PAK to win the ARY Triangular Series at Sharjah - Beat IND in the final of the Coca Cola Cup at home - Beat WI in the final of the LG Trophy - Beat SA in the final of the Morocco Triangular - Reached the final of the ICC Champions Trophy with IND (which was washed out) - Finished semi-finalists at the 2003 World Cup in SA So in 4 seasons; SL under Whatmore won 7 trophies, 2 final appearances in 2 major tournaments (Asia Cup '00, ICCT '02), a semi final at the WC, and two big series victories away from home. Ordinary ? I think not

Ranatunga doesn't inspire me but Woolmer, Fletcher or Whatmore were in no better physical shape than Ranatunga. Ranatunga surely is and was lot fitter than the likes of Woolmer and Fletcher. Unfortunately we have seen so much of Ranatunga the first thing that comes to mind is his paunch.

with ranatunga, u can expect more ego clashes.... he is used to being the BOSS or in SL team, they call him "ANNA".... he was the benevolent dictator and hence the success.... u can expect the same in the indian team for an outsider....

Whatmore sold himself a dummy I think. He took it for granted his next coaching assignment and quit his current job in search of a better one. It is possible he was not offered good money by BCCI. We may not be privy to it. When a potential employee is way too eager it is possible an employer may offer him way less than what he deserves.