Sri Lankan Cricket in terrible condition after 3 yrs.

Abe is thread mein bhi Pakistan shuru ho gaya :doh:
Yaar kia karen. Some posters bring Pakistan in to make them feel good because we have lost a test. UG could easily have congratulated SL on a fantastic win but he started calling both teams crap and how it was a shoot our of crap. Some of you will remember during Eng Ind series I am on record saying it was a let down that such a high profile series was turned into a non contest. Test cricket is about a fierce battle and drama and we had a terrible game in Galle and hopefully we will play better in Colombo.

Loins :giggle: If not for that chucker they would be fighting hard with Bangbros and Zimboks for the wooden spoon :finger: Here's Loins' performance timeline... Loins were cr@p till early to mid 90s, chucker came in and they started winning at home, chucker retired and Loins back to where they were :haha:

Loins :giggle: If not for that chucker they would be fighting hard with Bangbros and Zimboks for the wooden spoon :finger: Here's Loins' performance timeline... Loins were cr@p till early to mid 90s, chucker came in and they started winning at home, chucker retired and Loins back to where they were :haha:
Its true..Murali did win them a lot of matches and he chucked.
Its true..Murali did win them a lot of matches and he chucked.
People may go on about Jayasuriyas, Aravindas, Ranatungas etc. but only the chucker really made the difference for them. Case in point, they still have Sanga, Lady Jaya and Dilshan but since the chucker retired they have only managed to win one series (home and away) in 3 years :haha: They should thank BCCI and the influence it was able to exert so that chucker wouldn't be banned else we know what would have happened to them :giggle:
People may go on about Jayasuriyas, Aravindas, Ranatungas etc. but only the chucker really made the difference for them. Case in point, they still have Sanga, Lady Jaya and Dilshan but since the chucker retired they have only managed to win one series (home and away) in 3 years :haha: They should thank BCCI and the influence it was able to exert so that chucker wouldn't be banned else we know what would have happened to them :giggle:
I just read that SL haven't won a bilateral series against us since '95 or something..Thats serious pwnage
I just read that SL haven't won a bilateral series against us since '95 or something..Thats serious pwnage
Yup it is :cantstop: That's why they are so p*ssed off losing to us time and time again that their fans actually were happy to see Loins lose to Bangbros just so that India didn't reach the final :haha:

It's ok to be conservative against a weaker team because there is nothing much to gain even if you win. Instead take the opportunity to try out few youngsters. But they need to start playing some risk taking cricket against top teams. Last time SL played that way in test was under Jayasuriya's captaincy. I hope he brings that mentality to the system again now as the chief selector. The two diplomats Sanga and Mahela killed that style from SL test cricket, of course along with briefly captained Hashan, Mavan and Dilshan as well. Mahela was only a good ODI captain not test. If they don't do that soon I'll be just another SL fan turning off from SL test cricket. Also cancelling South African tour when they are the no. 1 team was far more disappointing than whatever happens with Bangladesh or Zimbabwe :sad: