Bollywood trivia/gossip/talk

Sir john

Correct!! :two_thumbs_up:
:hatsoff: Question: The names of the two characters played by the leads in this film are references to the names of the then production controller and assistant director of this path breaking flick- both of whom have gone on to become famous movie directors. Which movie am I talking about?

:hatsoff: Question: The names of the two characters played by the leads in this film are references to the names of the then production controller and assistant director of this path breaking flick- both of whom have gone on to become famous movie directors. Which movie am I talking about?
Jaane bhi do yaaro

:( get well soon Salman suffering from the suicide disease

No, Salman Khan is not going to hang himself. He is suffering from trigeminal neuralgia, a facial nerve disorder commonly known as the suicide disease. For the first time, he reveals that he is going through the worst pain on the planet.
http://www.hindustantimes.com/News-Feed/Cinema-Interviews/Salman-suffering-from-the-suicide-disease/Article1-737044.aspx

James Bond director to make film on Ramanujan

Roger Spottiswoode, best known for his James Bond film Tomorrow Never Dies, is working on a movie on mathematical genius Srinivasa Ramanujan starring Rang De Basanti actor Siddharth. Spottiswoode, who is part of the international competition jury of the Mumbai Film Festival, said the film was not a biography of Ramanujan who died at the young age of 32. It will rather deal with his friendship with G.H. Hardy, the man who first spotted his talent in Cambridge. Titled The First Class Man, the film's scripting has been completed and shooting is being planned from next year. “We are putting the finance together, hoping to shoot next year. One of my friends recommended Rang De Basanti and Siddharth was brilliant in that. He came to England and loved the script,” Spottiswoode told PTI. Focus on friendship He said the film would capture the unusual friendship between Hardy and Ramanujan and he is looking forward to find an Indian producer. “Hardy thought that Ramanujan could be brilliant and as it turned out the young Indian was more talented than him. They collaborated for four years and wrote wonderful papers. It was a wonderful friendship between the two because Ramanujan was deeply spiritual while Hardy was only interested in cricket and mathematics,” the director says. “An American writer found Ramanujan and wrote a play about him for 10 years. He showed me the draft and I became interested. He wrote a script on it, which later won a prize at Tribeca for best script about science. We have nurtured it,” he says. Talking about the title, Spottiswoode recalled a famous anecdote. “When Ramanujan arrived in England, Hardy introduced him to Cambridge with a nice speech and called him ‘The First Class Man' and Ramanujan later thanked Hardy, saying ‘You are a first class man.' My film is more like King's Speech,” he says.
http://www.thehindu.com/news/national/article2541084.ece?homepage=true

Anil Kapoor buys TV rights of 24

Anil Kapoor buys TV rights of American TV series 24; will make his Indian TV debut with the show Anil Kapoor has bought the rights of one of the most popular American tv series, 24. The show, which ran for eight seasons, also had Kapoor in a cameo in the finale season. His production company has now bought the remake rights and he will adapt it for the Indian telly. Says a source close to the actor, "It took him a year of negotiations with the American producers and creators of 24 to crack the deal. The international team of 24 will be involved with the making. The show will air in Hindi and will also be dubbed in various regional languages. Kapoor is in talks with India's top channels and the show will air sometime next year. In this counter-terrorism drama, Anil will playing the iconic character of Jack Bauer, which is played by Kiefer Sutherland in the original. The show will be shot on a big canvas and will have top actors in leading roles. Anil confirms, "I am really happy that the makers of the show have put their faith in me for its Indian version. When I was shooting for it in the US, I kept wishing that I could take something like this to my Indian audience. Now that wish is close to getting fulfilled." When quizzed about stepping into Jack Bauer's shoes, he says, "It's a huge honour, but I am anxious as Jack is an iconic character like Jack Sparrow or Batman. He is loved all over the world. It's a great responsibility for me as an entrepreneur and as actor. I will try my best and hope I can do even 50 per cent of what they have done. If I achieve a little of what Keifer has, I will be happy." Interestingly, Jack's most repeated line on the show is 'Son of a b***h!' Wonder how Anil will translate that in Hindi! About the show In 24, Kiefer Sutherland plays special agent Jack Bauer, who works for the Los Angeles-based Counter Terrorist Unit (CTU). Each episode has Jack racing against the clock as he attempts to prevent multiple terrorist plots, including presidential assassination attempts, nuclear, biological and chemical threats, cyber attacks as well as conspiracies dealing with government and corporate corruption. The show is presented in the semblance of real time, with each 24 episode season covering 24 hours in the life of Bauer.
Link