Sachin Tendulkar or Vivian Richards?

You need Tendulkarisation too.... All you need is follow the thread. There are few links. Don Brdaman is batting.... And try to cheer for his batting... Let me know how it felt?
So you will decide what I need and what I do not...> Free Advice: Worry about yourself first and then think of others!!!!!! P.S. I have never seen Ashoka the emperor. Yet there are many reasons I feel he was (very probably)the greatest ruler(i.e. policy maker) of India... better than everyone I have photos/videos for in the modern times :icflove:
P.S. I have never seen Ashoka the emperor. Yet there are many reasons I feel he was (very probably)the greatest ruler(i.e. policy maker) of India... better than everyone I have photos/videos for in the modern times :icflove:
Continuing the dominant theme in this, and other thread, about "regionalism in Indian cricket fans" may I humbly, and delightfully, say a big EFF you to all Punjabis, Southies and that Mallu who goes by 0.02c ( :--D ) Only Eastern Indian fans would lay claim to Ashoka, Chandragupta Maurya, Kautliya, Gautam Buddha etc etc. So Mr. Sarcastic do suggest which part of India do you belong to, or else forever hold your peace about Ashoka. (I am writing this in humor lest somebody gets a heart attack..)
Have you seen Don's batting anywhere?
I do not think I have to. Assuming all his runs came through miss-hits, his technique was worst, bowlers he faced were pedestrians but you cannot deny a fact that he was way ahead of his peers. If Sachin had test average in excess of 75 and 75 odd test centuries, I would have been the first to say that he is better than even Don. But unfortunately that is not the case.
I do not think I have to. Assuming all his runs came through miss-hits' date=' his technique was worst, bowlers he faced were pedestrians but you cannot deny a fact that [b']he was way ahead of his peers. If Sachin had test average in excess of 75 and 75 odd test centuries, I would have been the first to say that he is better than even Don. But unfortunately that is not the case.
Nobody is saying that he was not ahead of his peers. But to say that just because he was better than his peers he was also the greatest of all time is foolishness and devoid of much logic.
Coming from someone who has happily withstood cruel Mumbai afternoon heat to watch 13 year old Tendlya bat in school matches and also being able to sense that this boy was made for greatness, I do believe Don's 99.94, 29 centuries in just 52 test matches etc etc make him clear numero uno.
With all due respect, Azharuddin's Nana watched all his games in domestic cricket in Hyderabad. He was also suggested to be born for greatness and did indeed carry Indian batting for a while. That doesnt make Azhar the greatest bat ever.
But c'mon folks, Viv vs SRT, its SRT all the way. Those who think its Viv are biased against SRT in my book. Not that it matters!
Sure those who think Viv > SRT are biased against SRT. But you arent biased, even though you admit you have been watching SRT since Kingdom come. Yep. Got it. xxx
Adding on' date=' if one really wants to see a one man army in recent test matches, then Andy Flower would be the man to choose. The threshold for a one man army for Tendulkar fan boys is where Tendulkar qualifies.[/quote'] Yes. Spot On. Andy Flower is much better example of one man army in batting. But again that doesn't preclude somebody from defining as Sachin also as one man army.
Nobody is saying that he was not ahead of his peers. But to say that just because he was better than his peers he was also the greatest of all time is foolishness and devoid of much logic.
So whats your logic? Scoring runs were easy then and it is difficult now? Very convincing logic, I must say :)
I do not think I have to. Assuming all his runs came through miss-hits' date=' his technique was worst, bowlers he faced were pedestrians but you cannot deny a fact that he was way ahead of his peers. If Sachin had test average in excess of 75 and 75 odd test centuries, I would have been the first to say that he is better than even Don. But unfortunately that is not the case.[/quote'] ++:two_thumbs_up: You just seem to have my thoughts almost exactly!!!
Continuing the dominant theme in this, and other thread, about "regionalism in Indian cricket fans" may I humbly, and delightfully, say a big EFF you to all Punjabis, Southies and that Mallu who goes by 0.02c ( :--D ) Only Eastern Indian fans would lay claim to Ashoka, Chandragupta Maurya, Kautliya, Gautam Buddha etc etc. So Mr. Sarcastic do suggest which part of India do you belong to, or else forever hold your peace about Ashoka. (I am writing this in humor lest somebody gets a heart attack..)
I am not from Eastern part of India although I spent a significant part of my growing life over there!!! So, I don't have the right to be proud of Ashoka or Kautilya :(( :sniffle:
Coming from someone who has happily withstood cruel Mumbai afternoon heat to watch 13 year old Tendlya bat in school matches and also being able to sense that this boy was made for greatness, I do believe Don's 99.94, 29 centuries in just 52 test matches etc etc make him clear numero uno. But c'mon folks, Viv vs SRT, its SRT all the way. Those who think its Viv are biased against SRT in my book. Not that it matters!
Yup you certainly do seem unbiased.
Sure' date=' bro! We can also include Ramesh, Manjrekar, Prabhakar, and Kapil with the bat for Tendulkar.[/quote'] whom of these four do you think was comparable batsman to Hooper? All of these put together scored just two hundreds more than what Hooper did. In btw Lara had support of strong bowling line up in early years and later Chaderpaul provided good support.