Sachin Tendulkar or Vivian Richards?

I am not offended but not big on stats either. Wouldnt mind stats every now and then but to use stats as the center of the argument. With Hooper I wouldnt care much if he scored at 37 and not 33. Just as I wouldnt care if SRT's average is 57 instead of 55. SRT's greatness wont be changed by a couple of runs' date= and neither would Hooper's be enhanced by a couple more. That was my whole point reallyhttp://www.indiancricketfans.com/showpost.php?p=234058&postcount=127 http://www.indiancricketfans.com/showpost.php?p=326100&postcount=13 http://www.indiancricketfans.com/showpost.php?p=234138&postcount=141 Give him hypothetical stats, he will take it any day..:giggle:
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:
What's your point here? That making right or wrong predictions is all the same. Thank you the enlightened one!
Rather simple actually. One can always bring up some versions, like following a player's persons game firsthand for a long time. And while that romance it an integral part of a fan's life it is of no use in discussing matters like this. Whether you followed Tendulkar's career whole day long or just heard of him does not affect a discussion..By the by that line about Azhar is a true one, you may want to check Harsha Bhogle's book on Azhar.
What's the co-relation of watching SRT play for long and being biased? Given SRT's body of work he is better batsman than Viv. Even if you talk pure batting technique/competency SRT is ahead of Viv. You got any problem with that?
Dude, you are the one suggesting that anyone who thinks Viv is better than SRT is purely biased against SRT, feel free to read your own post. And since you started your post with a "I have followed SRT whole day long in blistering heat since he was 13", surely if anyone can be considered biased, for or against SRT, it has to be you. Hope that clarifies.
Going back to Nalanda....it was just a retort to your analogy
Well then it was at best a silly retort, at worst it was a stupid one. As explained earlier my question was strictly in keeping with the ongoing discussion, yours was well..as you put it..a retort.
The reason I said what I said was because Bradman supporters were defending him based on what they read or saw in archived footage where as most of Sachin's fans or for the matter of fact most Indian cricket fans base their theory on what they saw live.All I said was if books,blogs etc were the benchmark for determining a players credibility than Sachin is not far behind infact probably the articles,blogs etc will outweigh Bradman.
First up there is a reason for lack of video footage for Bradman. The technology was simply not there. And whatever limited technology was there would be ridiculous to use to justify a player today. No movie fan watches 1930s movies, or 40s, and compares to Avatar of today only to say how 30s movies were crappy. Of course we do have weirdos like BBs of this world, and perhaps you (I could be wrong), who want to look at 30s/40s video and start comparing to todays 32 camera technology. So thats that. Secondly much of the blog world for SRT is dominated by Indian fans. Not surprising since 2/3 or world cricket fans are Indians. Now if your assertion is that on non-Indian fans blog SRT is ALWAYS better than Viv than you are smoking something. At best SRT and Viv would be considered too close to call by impartial experts, at worst Viv would be rated higher than SRT. Either way no-one would claim non-Indian fans to be biased. Which is again my argument here. Just because some fan think Viv Richards may be better than SRT does not make them biased against SRT.
Going back to your analogy about rawling and shakesphere it is not applicable as apart from both being writers in English they have nothing in common.
Dude, stop being argumentative for the heck of it. No English literature fan would EVER put Rawling and Shakespeare in the same sentence. I truly hope your cricketing knowledge is better than your English literature knowledge. Hope that long winded post clarified things better now.
Only 12 steps in the run up' date=' dude! [/quote'] Joker I tell ya. Considering Lindwall idolized Harold Larwood and was greatly inspired by him, it is only natural that both Lindwall and Larwood were losers who enjoy all-time great status thanks only to meandering journalists like Cardus. Thank heavens folks like Cardus are challenged these days by world's great media outlets like British pathe :dance: