So, what was wrong with this pitch, Bhajji?

Bhajji's problem is he is overworked and he needs rest but he is unwilling to accept it..He has been playing all forms of the game for many years without a break and that is taking a toll on him . Right now he has no plan to bowl to a batsman' date=' he just bowls rubbish and expects to get some wickets...A 2- 3 month rest would do world of good to him , but knowing Bhajj and his insecurities I dont think it'll happen. So India cannot ignore a fighter like him and he is contributing well with bat..So going forward Bhajji should play as all-rounder and bat at #7 and we must play 4 bowlers apart from Bhajji to maintain proper balance.[/quote'] He's not gonna take a break, coz he knows someone will fill that spot :haha:

If I was an opposition batman I would be praying for Dartbhajan to come on and stay on as long as possible. He doesn't look threatening at all these days and batsmen just milk him for easy runs and getting there eye in. Given the amount of international cricket he has now played he should be talked about in the same vein as Warne and Murali, but in fact he is not even at the next bracket of Kumble and Vettori. Mind boggling how he has managed to stay in the team this long.

Kahan gaye the bhaijaan? Didn't see you around for quite some time:icflove:
I was here only..been lurking around, stopped posting while I was in India for an unexpected trip of 15 days! btw time to change avatar? :--D
Haan' date='Dan bhai kahaan gayab ho gaye the,missing in ICF coz Sach not playing :P[/quote'] :secret: What happened to our castrol quiz?
Bhajji bowled well below the expectations we have from him.
That has been the case with him for a while in Tests and that is a huge problem especially when they play with a solo spinner in the side
We dont have an alternative test spinner yet and Bhajji is the only option in tests.
That is utter BS. Let us base it on some facts. In the last Ind-NZ 3 Test series when both HS and Ojha bowled in tandem in all 3 tests where they played 2 spinners Ojha pretty much came out on top over HS in all the important categories used to judge bowlers. Wickets Taken, Economy rate, Strike Rate, Average. And after that Ojha became a passenger pretty much for no reason since the tour of SA where we played one spinner. So all this that HS is the only option in Tests is a hog wash. Unless we try the alternates and give them an extended run you will never know.
That is utter BS. Let us base it on some facts. In the last Ind-NZ 3 Test series when both HS and Ojha bowled in tandem in all 3 tests where they played 2 spinners Ojha pretty much came out on top over HS in all the important categories used to judge bowlers. Wickets Taken' date=' Economy rate, Strike Rate, Average. And after that Ojha became a passenger pretty much for no reason since the tour of SA where we played one spinner. So all this that HS is the only option in Tests is a hog wash. [b']Unless we try the alternates and give them an extended run you will never know.
Since Mishra made his debut, this how the three spinners have performed in Test matches: Bhajji 102 wickets at 33.9 Ojha 42 wickets at 40.4 Mishra 40 wickets at 38.6 Its all very good comparing performances in a single series like the NZ one (do you really think Ojha would have taken 15 wickets at 29 in SA?), but it is utterly incorrect to say others haven't been given opportunities. They have, and they haven't been able to outperform Bhajji overall. Back in the early 2000s, Bhajji forced his way into the team by taking stackloads of wickets and pushing Kumble out. And though its become a fashion to attack Bhajji's batting by saying its the main reason he is in the team, it is very useful especially given how often he performs under pressure. And I am not a Bhajji fan nor hater. His bowling has markedly declined over the last few years. But he remains our best at the moment.
Since Mishra made his debut, this how the three spinners have performed in Test matches: Bhajji 102 wickets at 33.9 Ojha 42 wickets at 40.4 Mishra 40 wickets at 38.6 Its all very good comparing performances in a single series like the NZ one (do you really think Ojha would have taken 15 wickets at 29 in SA?), but it is utterly incorrect to say others haven't been given opportunities. They have, and they haven't been able to outperform Bhajji overall. Back in the early 2000s, Bhajji forced his way into the team by taking stackloads of wickets and pushing Kumble out.And though its become a fashion to attack Bhajji's batting by saying its the main reason he is in the team, it is very useful especially given how often he performs under pressure. And I am not a Bhajji fan nor hater. His bowling has markedly declined over the last few years. But he remains our best at the moment.
When did Bhajji pushed Kumble out :hmmmm2: :ohmy:
When did Bhajji pushed Kumble out :hmmmm2: :ohmy:
He played ahead of Kumble in overseas Tests from 2002 (in Tests where India played one spinner) until Kumble took that spot back in Australia in 2003 (after Bhajji was injured after the Brisbane Test and Kumble took 20+ wickets in 3 Tests).
He played ahead of Kumble in overseas Tests from 2002 (in Tests where India played one spinner) until Kumble took that spot back in Australia in 2003 (after Bhajji was injured after the Brisbane Test and Kumble took 20+ wickets in 3 Tests).
Bhajji just played a single series where he was preffered ,that was in England,that too was stupidity of Ganguly as when Kumble came back in the Headengly test,he won us the match.Other than that Bhajji has or was never preffered ahead of Kumble in any other series.
Bhajji just played a single series where he was preffered ' date=that was in England,that too was stupidity of Ganguly as when Kumble came back in the Headengly test,he won us the match.Other than that Bhajji has or was never preffered ahead of Kumble in any other series.
Wrong - he was preferred in the West Indies in 2002 as well (Kumble played only when India played two spinners, before of course he was injured during the Antigua Test) and same in New Zealand in 2002. Then as I already mentioned, he was also preferred in Australia in 2003 before Bhajji got injured at Brisbane and flew back to India, leaving Kumble to come back in at Adelaide.
Wrong - he was preferred in the West Indies in 2002 as well (Kumble played only when India played two spinners' date=' before of course he was injured during the Antigua Test) and same in New Zealand in 2002. Then as I already mentioned, he was also preferred in Australia in 2003 before Bhajji got injured at Brisbane and flew back to India, leaving Kumble to come back in at Adelaide.[/quote'] You got things mixed up,Kumble got injured in the 1st match itself in WI and he missed the NZ test series later that year coz of an injury :icflove:
You got things mixed up' date='Kumble got injured in the 1st match itself in WI and he missed the NZ test series later that year coz of an injury :icflove:[/quote'] No he didn't get injured in the first Test in WI - he played the first Test, then was dropped for the second and third, returned for the fourth, then got injured during that Test. Can you give a source for the NZ Test series injury? And why did he not play the first Test of the Australia Test series in December 2003, only being recalled when Harbhajan went back home injured?
No he didn't get injured in the first Test in WI - he played the first Test, then was dropped for the second and third, returned for the fourth, then got injured during that Test. Can you give a source for the NZ Test series injury? And why did he not play the first Test of the Australia Test series in December 2003, only being recalled when Harbhajan went back home injured?
He did got injured in Antigua test ,my bad :hatsoff:,he missed NZ tour coz of some personal reasons which I dont know :--D http://www.thefreelibrary.com/Cricket%3A+Kumble+pulls+out+of+Kiwi+tour.-a094660845 And youre right about Brisbane test and thank god Bhajji had to fly back home after that and we saw renaissance of Anil Kumble. Anyways back to Bhajji ,he has to improve a lot and I hope he improves for India's sake.I think I have derailed the thread enough ,kthnxbye :P