Stop this hate against Bhaji

For the millionth time...all of you guys that want India's most experience bowler dropped who do you want him replaced with? As I mentioned throughout this thread its bad enough we dont have a leggie replacement for Kumble now you wanna drop Bhajji. With who against England Australia coming up in the next 12 months?

For the millionth time...all of you guys that want India's most experience bowler dropped who do you want him replaced with? As I mentioned throughout this thread its bad enough we dont have a leggie replacement for Kumble now you wanna drop Bhajji. With who against England Australia coming up in the next 12 months?
It is up to the selectors to scout and identify someone who they feel can develop and stay in the team for the long term. It should be someone they are willing to keep for a number of series' and give him a good long go in the side. Few names to throw into the hat - Rahul Sharma, Abdulla, Ojha, Mishra, Ashwin or there maybe some special youngster who nobody has heard off. I dont give a s**t whether this bowler is from Gujrat, Punjab or Timbuktoo as long as he qualifies to play for India and has potential. I just want a change from Dartbhajan who is becoming less and less effective with the ball with every match that passes and has gone stale. A shake up is needed.
I vote for Sarandeep Singh. http://www.espncricinfo.com/ranjiplateleague2008/content/image/381951.html?object=34211 Lets keep the Punjabi legacy ongoing:aha:
It is up to the selectors to scout and identify someone who they feel can develop and stay in the team for the long term. It should be someone they are willing to keep for a number of series' and give him a good long go in the side. Few names to throw into the hat - Rahul Sharma, Abdulla, Ojha, Mishra, Ashwin or there maybe some special youngster who nobody has heard off. I dont give a s**t whether this bowler is from Gujrat, Punjab or Timbuktoo as long as he qualifies to play for India and has potential. I just want a change from Dartbhajan who is becoming less and less effective with the ball with every match that passes and has gone stale. A shake up is needed.
LOL thank you thank you for proving my point because of the IPL you want to see Rahul Sharma or Abdulla etc in a TEST match against England in England. You and many others on here think cause someone does well in Indian conditions in the IPL they are the second coming of Shane Warne. You guys are the same people that screamed bloody murder when Yuvraj was included in the world cup squad. Thank god Bhajji will be in England for the matches and we are not going to throw the dice with unproven youngsters. Let them get started against the New Zealand and Zimbabwes first not when we are having away Test series :hatsoff:
LOL thank you thank you for proving my point because of the IPL you want to see Rahul Sharma or Abdulla etc in a TEST match against England in England. You and many others on here think cause someone does well in Indian conditions in the IPL they are the second coming of Shane Warne. You guys are the same people that screamed bloody murder when Yuvraj was included in the world cup squad. Thank god Bhajji will be in England for the matches and we are not going to throw the dice with unproven youngsters. Let them get started against the New Zealand and Zimbabwes first not when we are having away Test series :hatsoff:
They were just a few names of the top of my head like I said, I am sure the selectors have a bigger portfolio of spinners that they have more in depth info on. It is the whole point of their job after all. Anyway you are missing the point completely. It is time for change, are you not sick of the same turgid shyte that Bhajji bowls over after over, match after match. Top middle and lower order batsmen are playing him with ease, and this should not be the case for someone who has 12 years test experience. This 'experience' is the main point of your argument to keep him in the side, yet he bowls like a complete noob and doesn't have a clue about what line and length to bowl and how to adjust to different pitches. Normally in any walk of life or situation if there is a problem, you rectify that problem, not just stick with it, twiddle your thumbs and hope it will solve itself. As for the English and Aussie batsmen, they will milk him till the cows come home and probably love playing against him. For a 12 year old veteran he has no aura of threat or danger about him and watching him dart his way through overs is very painful viewing.
They were just a few names of the top of my head like I said, I am sure the selectors have a bigger portfolio of spinners that they have more in depth info on. It is the whole point of their job after all. Anyway you are missing the point completely. It is time for change, are you not sick of the same turgid shyte that Bhajji bowls over after over, match after match. Top middle and lower order batsmen are playing him with ease, and this should not be the case for someone who has 12 years test experience. This 'experience' is the main point of your argument to keep him in the side, yet he bowls like a complete noob and doesn't have a clue about what line and length to bowl and how to adjust to different pitches. Normally in any walk of life or situation if there is a problem, you rectify that problem, not just stick with it, twiddle your thumbs and hope it will solve itself. As for the English and Aussie batsmen, they will milk him till the cows come home and probably love playing against him. For a 12 year old veteran he has no aura of threat or danger about him and watching him dart his way through overs is very painful viewing.
This same style makes him the best bowler in the world today. Nobody is palying him with ease. That is also true of all other bowlers. The problem is he is being singled out. In life "If it aint broke dont fix it"
Ashwin is nowhere near Bhajji's level, neither are any of the promising youngsters like Rahul Sharma or Iqbal Abdulla etc. First fill Kumble's void spot before you mini-Dhonis start wanting to kick out Bhajji
No one fills anyone's spot. we have not fllled Kapi's spot yet not Srinath's..u r talking about Kumble and Bhajji..Players make their own name and spot. Do not expect every player to become Kumble overnight. Kumble himself did not become the Kumble, he was known for, overnight. It is a process which takes 10-12 years of consistent performance. Some day or the other, we will have to try some younger ones, so why afraid of that. Instead of bringing all at the same time and face tough times, we need to bring them now one by one to give them experience whenever there is an opportunity while we are doing well. There is no substitute to learn and get experience at international level, no matter how many games a player plays at FC level or A level. These games can improve skills and give experience to play in different conditions, but the pressure and quality of international can only be experienced when a player play at international level. Bench strength is only a count, if players are only limited to benches.
No one fills anyone's spot. we have not fllled Kapi's spot yet not Srinath's..u r talking about Kumble and Bhajji..Players make their own name and spot. Do not expect every player to become Kumble overnight. Kumble himself did not become the Kumble, he was known for, overnight. It is a process which takes 10-12 years of consistent performance. Some day or the other, we will have to try some younger ones, so why afraid of that. Instead of bringing all at the same time and face tough times, we need to bring them now one by one to give them experience whenever there is an opportunity while we are doing well. There is no substitute to learn and get experience at international level, no matter how many games a player plays at FC level or A level. These games can improve skills and give experience to play in different conditions, but the pressure and quality of international can only be experienced when a player play at international level. Bench strength is only a count, if players are only limited to benches.
Some replacements have happened India have lacked an all arounder for years...irfan kind of filled the void a bit and now Yuvraj came through in the world cup and filled the spot of an all rounder. Zak has filled the spot of Srinath as the lead seamer. We do not have an adequate leggie to fill Kumble's spot. We do not have an adequate offie to fill Bhajji's spot. Every team needs openers, mid order batsmen, seamers, offies leggies etc. We still do not have one good leggie!! And the answer is to throw out the only good offie we do have Bhajji! Im 100% cool with giving Ashwin etc chances against Zimbabwe or West Indies in India etc...not in away test series. Bhajji is still the best for india in the offspinner department and if you disagree name someone better for India.
Some replacements have happened India have lacked an all arounder for years...irfan kind of filled the void a bit and now Yuvraj came through in the world cup and filled the spot of an all rounder. Zak has filled the spot of Srinath as the lead seamer. We do not have an adequate leggie to fill Kumble's spot. We do not have an adequate offie to fill Bhajji's spot. Every team needs openers, mid order batsmen, seamers, offies leggies etc. We still do not have one good leggie!! And the answer is to throw out the only good offie we do have Bhajji! Im 100% cool with giving Ashwin etc chances against Zimbabwe or West Indies in India etc...not in away test series. Bhajji is still the best for india in the offspinner department and if you disagree name someone better for India.
How Zak filled Srinath's place..after playing 10 years of international cricket. In his first 6 years where was Zaheer, on the blink of fazing out from international cricket completely, on the sidelines. he then invented himself again. Bhajji too needs to invent himself against like Zak did. He has been a great bowler for India, but after 12 years of experience, people expect more from him. Maybe people are expecting too much.

The Bhajji fans think he is still bowling at the top of his game and is a deadly player. The Bhajji doubters can see he is in decline mode and is so far off the pace now that he is a burden on the bowling attack. Only performances on the pitch will prove one camp correct, and even though I would not mind being wrong I'm afraid the doubters are going to be proved right.

The problem is people are not gracious enough to accept that Harbhajan is one of the best spinners India has produced. He has won us games which were out of our grasp. He has batted and saved games for us. He's all it takes. And just because someone becomes the highest wicket-taker in IPL, you criticize Bhajji? Talk about selective stupidity.

The problem is people are not gracious enough to accept that Harbhajan is one of the best spinners India has produced. He has won us games which were out of our grasp. He has batted and saved games for us. He's all it takes. And just because someone becomes the highest wicket-taker in IPL, you criticize Bhajji? Talk about selective stupidity.
Yes, thats ecactly what people are doing. Grow up

It must be pretty embaressing for Bhajji to be outbowled on three consecutive innings now by a complete newcomer in Bishoo. Before that he was outbowled by Mishra in the ODI series, before that Yuvi in the world cup etc etc. Bhajji has become the Ashley Giles of Indian Cricket.