This is Sheer Agony

Dhondy ' date=' as much as agree with almost all that you have said , i would add that most of our judgements or based on what we see on T.V. The reality is unfortunately, more to that than that.[/quote'] What is the reality then? Should we turn off the TV to perceive it?:haha:

I did see the SA series.. not just once , but innumerable times... Nothing gave me more satisfaction that an Indian bowling line-up ambusing SA for 84 , that too in their own backyard. I have nothing against Sree. He is tryer , in every sense. But i am not comfortable with him labelled India's best fast bowler. Having said that , then who are the contenders ? I cant think of anyone other than Zaheer. And anybody who has seen Zaheer after his comeback will agree that few bowlers have bowled as incisively as him. He literally toyed around Graeme Smith and that is some acheivement..

So the entire test series' should be restricted to the final test and nothing else ? And Sreesanth is India's best fast bowler ? Zaheer isnt too bad a contender either...
The final test was the most CRUCIAL test of the series. Obviously a bowlers' efforts in that FINAL test would count more, since the series was ON THE LINE. ...and Zaheer is nowhere NEAR as good as Sreesanth. He is a dependable bowler at best, capable of taking a top order wicket or two but he could never run through an entire batting lineup or nail the opposition's best batsman like Sreesanth can.
What is the reality then? Should we turn off the TV to perceive it?:haha:
No.. you dont have to shut-off the TV... Just that -- a bowler running in with pumping chests , quick run-up and a visually agressive attitude shouldnt be allowed brownie points over a bowler with a comparitively laidback style, PROVIDED their records speak for themselves.. And i aint tryin to infer names here.. just some food for thought for you...

Munaf isn't that bad Dhondy, he's pretty accurate and extracts decent bounce. I'm not worried about Munaf's ability but am worried about his fitness. I don't reckon he can get through the full series without having to sit out due to injuries. Sreesanth and Zaheer are in good form. I don't trust the likes of VRV and Ishant Sharma. RPS can be a handy swing bowler. England doesn't need great bowlers to claim wicket, it needs fairly accurate bowlers that's about it. I would be more worried about India's bowling attack if they were visiting any other country than England. Sreesanth is the spearhead right now. That lad is capable of big hauls more often than not. BTW don't suspect Munaf and Sreesanth pair. They are pretty good. One bowls quicker and swings the ball while the other hits the deck and moves the ball off the seam. I would expect them both to do well that is if they don't have to sit out due to injuries. Zaheer although didn't bowl the other day he did field for the rest of the game. There was nothing to suggest he is injured pretty badly. I didn't see much grimace on his face when he stopped bowling either. I think he's just fine. He simply didn't want to slog in that weather.

munaf needs to work on his fielding.. one miss field he does and all english crowd will be over him and he won't be able to bowl with same confidence...also such bowlers with such poor fitness struggle on foreign soil.. i just hope this munaf guy stays fine through out the tour..

Cricketics, Muanf won't be worried about the English crowd that's for sure. If you were referring to the notorious Bay 13 MCG crowd that's fine but English crowd :whatchutalkingabout The pommie crowd's applause sounds like the crowd is wearing a pair of gloves and clapping. They are hardly considered rough.

i basically was referring to the barmy army noise with which few new or unfit guyz getz carried off after doing some miss fielding or some act of shame.. not that barmy army gonna nervous him, but like a que of few eng supporters chanting and this lad messes up something and the drama continues..

Munaf is a class act and we will do well if he is fit throughout the Eng series. Has he cut down on his pace loads to rely on accuracy. Whether thats a good thing or not -particularly in tests-we dont know. Plus with his fitness (or lack thereof) I don't know if we wont him bowling at 85+ consistently. His record in test cricket thus far is good....him Sree and Zak will be a good attack. Zak should be fit fr the Eng tests i think right? I still think had he been fit through the SA tour we would have won the test series.