PK or Sree??

And a decent contribution from PK and Ishant in the same match. Without any one of the three' date=' and considering the form Bhajji is in, England would not have been 9 down now. One partnership was all it would have taken to get the game away. Yes Sree did take early wickets but putting the whole credit to him is unfair to Ishant and PK who bowled equally well[/quote'] I guess, then you should not be giving credit to likes of Tendulkar coz there are other batsmen in our line up who score too :P .... When Ind chased that 380 odd against Eng, it was mainly due to Sehwag's knock in my book, similarly it's Sree performance here that set things up. Credit should be given where it is due
Guest Gunner
I guess' date=' then you should not be giving credit to likes of Tendulkar coz there are other batsmen in our line up who score too :P .... When Ind chased that 380 odd against Eng, it was mainly due to Sehwag's knock in my book, similarly it's Sree performance here that set things up. Credit should be given where it is due[/quote'] Definitely, sree bowled beautifully today. However if you say that PK achieved nothing you are clearly missing the point.

This is the Sree that everyone wants to see. Granted that its not possible to bowl like this all the time, but a bit of consistency from someone who has been playing international cricket for the last 5-6 years isn't too hard to come. The most heartening thing was not for once did he show the kind of antics he has done before and thus it does show he doesn't really need to be pumped up externally and show his emotions on the field to bowl well. Expect him to repeat such performances more often.

Excellent performances from all bowlers. Ishant didn't have as much control but bowled enough very good deliveries to get the job done. PK just continues to impress. He's the least experienced bowler yet is playing like he's been doing this in test match cricket for years.

This was one of the best team bowling performances I've seen from our fast bowlers in a long, long time. There was absolutely no respite for their batsmen and well done to Broad but the guy was completely lucky in his first few overs not to get out. It was awesome watching PK/Sree/Ishant bowl to in form talented batsmen and make them look ultra cautious. If these guys can continue to bowl like this together then India are going to be very tough to beat anywhere. Now the batsmen need to do their part. All we need is one good partnership to overall that total.

Guest Gunner
Excellent performances from all bowlers. Ishant didn't have as much control but bowled enough very good deliveries to get the job done. PK just continues to impress. He's the least experienced bowler yet is playing like he's been doing this in test match cricket for years.
What, no word about the dancing donkey? :cantstop::cantstop:
This was one of the best team bowling performances I've seen from our fast bowlers in a long, long time. There was absolutely no respite for their batsmen and well done to Broad but the guy was completely lucky in his first few overs not to get out. It was awesome watching PK/Sree/Ishant bowl to in form talented batsmen and make them look ultra cautious. If these guys can continue to bowl like this together then India are going to be very tough to beat anywhere. Now the batsmen need to do their part. All we need is one good partnership to overall that total.
Yep and I really hope we can see a fit and firing Zaheer come back in place of Harbi for the last 2 tests to complete the pace quartet. What a sight that will be
What' date=' no word about the dancing donkey? :cantstop::cantstop:[/quote'] The donkey was a stallion today!! :cantstop: But we all know what Sreesanth can do when he just sticks to that full length around the offstump because his seam position is so good. There were no stupid variations today. No beamers, no jumping around in/wide of the crease at this delivery point, no constant bouncers, no verbals/staring at the batsmen. Just over after over of concentration on the job. THAT'S what everyone has been asking him to do. In his first spell he did bowl two bouncers to KP which he hit for four and then Sreesanth went back to line/length outswing. I really, really hope he's learned a lesson here and realizes he's talented enough to not work on 3/4 variations per over, getting into the batsmen's face. All he needs to do is go back to his mark and bowl that same delivery again and again until the batsmen make the mistake.
I guess' date=' then you should not be giving credit to likes of Tendulkar coz there are other batsmen in our line up who score too :P .... [b']When Ind chased that 380 odd against Eng, it was mainly due to Sehwag's knock in my book, similarly it's Sree performance here that set things up. Credit should be given where it is due
you are entitled to your opinion, but I remember the countless times when many test matches like these were set up bu batsmen(The Pakistani Chennai test is a prime example) and we lost because others didnt chip in. Similarly, We have got the opposition down to 4-5 down cheaply while bowling many a times and other bowlers have let it all go in vain. The Lord's second innings is a prime example. Setting things up or not, all bowlers in this test so far, deserve equal credit in my opinion(and I am not counting Bhajji)
2nd innings: It's frustrating to watch PK bowl so far (3 overs) .... On the other hand, Ishant is putting Eng under pressure PS Ishant seems to be pumped up and bowling his heart out
Sree has put the world on fire either (yet). We seriously need at least one more wicket before close
Sree has put the world on fire either (yet). We seriously need at least one more wicket before close
I just gave a general comment abt how the two bowlers bowled and you dragged Sree in! .... This blind support for PK is laughable .... mediocrity is in abundance in India and so are its supporters another crap over sent down by PK .... 4 overs wasted with the new ball :hitler:
I just gave a general comment abt how the two bowlers bowled and you dragged Sree in! .... This blind support for PK is laughable .... mediocrity is in abundance in India and so are its supporters another crap over sent down by PK .... 4 overs wasted with the new ball :hitler:
But the blind support for Sree is fine I suppose? Isnt this thread about PK vs Sree? and you shouldnt have double standards,if you criticize PK for being ordinary for a couple of overs, shouldnt the same standard been applied to Sree? He has been bowling at 125kph, same as PK's pace. That 4th over was to get Ishant to change ends. Anyways, i would really want Sree to take 5-fer here, we really need that. But I dont consider PK as medicore though
But the blind support for Sree is fine I suppose? Isnt this thread about PK vs Sree? and you shouldnt have double standards,if you criticize PK for being ordinary for a couple of overs, shouldnt the same standard been applied to Sree? He has been bowling at 125kph, same as PK's pace. That 4th over was to get Ishant to change ends. Anyways, i would really want Sree to take 5-fer here, we really need that. But I dont consider PK as medicore though
I am not a big fan of Sree .... His 2 overs were much like an "opening spell" and better than PK's .... The ball was shaping nice in the over he bowled to Bell! What the hell are you talking about! Come back to this thread IF the 'Pathetic Kumar' at least bowl one or two balls that carry to nicely to the keeper
For some reason, Sree has dropped his pace a lot. Bowling at 119, 120 kph. Shouldnt you go all out if you only had 2 overs to bowl BTW calling a bowler names who has delivered each and every time asked for, shows your own class
Huh, he mixed up well!
9.6 Sreesanth to Bell, no run, 128.7 kph, excellent bowling from Sreesanth, not trying anything fancypants. Swinging away from a full length in the uncertainty channel. Bell is good in defence though 9.5 Sreesanth to Bell, no run, 133.5 kph, good from Bell here, opting for a Dravidian open-faced play-it-late defence 9.4 Sreesanth to Strauss, 1 run, 123.8 kph, Strauss is really having to battle here. Gets an inside edge to fine leg as this bends back to him late. Strauss seems very hurried all the time at the moment 9.3 Sreesanth to Strauss, no run, goodness, Strauss has a flay at this miles outside off. Only manages to toe-end to cover 9.2 Sreesanth to Strauss, no run, 123.2 kph, oddly, for a player who is so strong on the pull, Strauss has played the shot badly this series. Seems to decide very late to play the shot and bottom edged to leg gully 9.1 Sreesanth to Strauss, no run, 119.5 kph, ooh, it's Strauss who will be thanking the heavens after this! It bent back late as he left alone and it missed off stump by a whisker. Shades of Brisbane in tha
Let's not get personal here .... you don't want me to show your class :winky: If you are so concerned abt 'name calling', you should be stoping those who call Sree a donkey, nut or whatever .... Truth is you are one of the most biased posters on this thread, no matter how hard you try to hide that :P