PK or Sree??

Praveen Kumar has played a grand total of 3 tests and his debut being the recently concluded West Indies series and some of you people think he is a better bowler than someone who has played close to 30 tests and has bowled match winning spells for India. :facepalm: Sreesanth is also the only bowler who looked threatening in tests over the past few years other than Zaheer. Ishant was woefully out of form.

Praveen Kumar has played a grand total of 3 tests and his debut being the recently concluded West Indies series and some of you people think he is a better bowler than someone who has played close to 30 tests and has bowled match winning spells for India. :facepalm: Sreesanth is also the only bowler who looked threatening in tests over the past few years other than Zaheer. Ishant was woefully out of form.
2 things. First for a guy making his debut, Praveen has bowled very well and is currently in form. Second Sree was out injured and the question is whether he is back to fitness and form.
Sreesanth averages 41 since his comeback to Test cricket in 2009, so let's stop painting him as some brilliant bowler. Yes, he does have the ability to bowl match winning spells against good teams, but there is a whole lot of rubbish in between. Most of his success came early in his career - he took 35 wickets at 24 in his first seven Tests, which was excellent. But that was back in 2006-07, he has been nothing like as effective since. Despite all that, I would still have played him at Lord's if he was fit because I have concerns about Praveen against England. But looking at the pathetic shape he is in, its really a much closer decision now.
Sreesanth averages 41 since his comeback to Test cricket in 2009' date= so let's stop painting him as some brilliant bowler. Yes, he does have the ability to bowl match winning spells against good teams, but there is a whole lot of rubbish in between.
That's still better than most other bowlers who played for India.
Most of his success came early in his career - he took 35 wickets at 24 in his first seven Tests, which was excellent. But that was back in 2006-07, he has been nothing like as effective since. Despite all that, I would still have played him at Lord's if he was fit because I have concerns about Praveen against England. But looking at the pathetic shape he is in, its really a much closer decision now.
You are judging that from one picture ? He still bowled 20 overs in his comeback game after a long lay off and still picked a wicket and could have taken another one had Sachin held on to a catch. That sounds pretty fit to me.

With Zak and Sree, two bowlers coming out from an injury and playing a test after bowling about 20 overs in a practice match, playing both of them in a 4 man bowling attack could be a risk. PK gives MSD the option of bowling a lot of overs form one end, can bowl those overs with control and be used as a stock bowler. Also, the relatively cooler weather of England should see PK getting his average speed upwards to around 78-79 mph rather than the 74-75 mph he was bowling in the hot and humid conditions of West Indies. At 78-79 mph, if PK can control his natural swing, he would trouble a lot of English batsmen.

That's still better than most other bowlers who played for India.
Who? Like the "woefully out of form" Ishant, who averages 30 in that exact same period?
You are judging that from one picture ? He still bowled 20 overs in his comeback game after a long lay off and still picked a wicket and could have taken another one had Sachin held on to a catch. That sounds pretty fit to me.
If he isn't fit enough, then he will struggle to back up that volume of overs in the next game, especially as Lord's is likely to be a flat pitch.
Praveen and Munaf couldnt even get Fidel Edwards and the tail out on the last day of 3rd test against WI and they are pretty much ineffective in flat conditions. They will be easy fodder for England batsmen in their conditions. Yesterday's pitch was a batting paradise where even Zaheer struggled. Its harsh to judge Sreesanth based on that performance alone.
Batting paradise on which India is 8 wickets down?
Well I am changing my mind now. If the ball is not swinging as Murali Kartik says then there is no point of having PK play. Go with Sree.
you sound as if sree is an express pace bowler :cantstop: . England played such kind of pace for fun in Australia. Only thing that can undo England batsmen is swing. PK can do in any conditions.

I've had enough to this clown. In a hugely important series, when the team desperately needs it's bowlers in top form, this guy has been busy setting up a musical band, touring, making songs and I guess occasionally training to pass a fitness test but looks more like a chubby spin bowler. When you can't even rely on a guy to be physically well trained then how are you going to rely on him over five days of tough, competitive test match cricket? Dhoni couldn't even rely on him for 10 overs in the WC final when he was clearly struggling and completely lost any control over his bowling. Screw this donkey, I'd rather go with Munaf or Praveen than some over weight underperforming musician masquerading as a cricketer. Send his ass back home where I'm sure he'll be much happier anyway making his crappy music.