Breaking News- Ford Turns down India coach offer

Would you have quit your current job in the UK or USA and worked in India on a one year contract, even on a princely salary, uprooting your family, having to answer to slimeballs like Niranjan Shah, knowing that your current job will not be available again? Well done, Ford.
Well, would you go for such a job interview in the first place, even if the employer called you and was willing to pay the airfare?

I have a qn.. how to dissolve this stupid n useless board.. who has the right to do? President of India?? the board has to be dissolved and all those idiotic n arrogant board officials and politicians shud b thrown out. and shud be filled with some fresh minds.... these bunch of money minded retards r ruining indian cricket.....

REAL REASON why FOrd TURNED DOWN BCCI'S OFFER. After his presentation on his way back to airport, the car Ford was travelling in stopped at a red light. While waiting for the light to turn green Ford saw a couple of people standing with a donkey. On the donkeys head was a poster " To-be-replaced by Graham Fords picture incase India loses in England and we beat the sh!t out of donkey". Well all know what happened next....

Well' date=' would you go for such a job interview in the first place, even if the employer called you and was willing to pay the airfare?[/quote'] I would if they fly me out to India & make me stay in Taj for two nites for a simple powerpoint presentation. BCCI got from Ford what they did to Whatmore, so no sympathies for them. Am sure Ford was interested in the job when he travelled. He was mighty pi$$ed on the offer with the dozen restrictions. IMO, BCCI must speak to Whatmore now (and screw the players & the retarded 5 man commision to appoint coach) & see if he's interested. If not, make an offer to Ford that he cannot refuse. If the players make anymore natak about the new coach they get Chappell. That will set them right:haha: One good thing to come out of this, is that BCCI cannot take anything for granted inspite of being the richest board on the planet. Heck even Embuery rejected this job :hysterical: If BCCI finds it so tough to hire someone, PCB has no hope in hell of hiring a foreigner:haha:

You don't have an idea how incompetent and power crazed, how deluded in their own self importance these clowns are, Bumps. Their unprofessionalism, cronyism, mutual backslapping, eleventh-hourism would put genetically modified super-babus to shame. The idea was to offer a pittance to a foreign coach, maybe around £300,000 per year, give him a one year contract, review that after every series (while their own posts remain untouched for years), blame any failures on him, and sack him if things got too hot, as it was bound to do with the mediocre and equally unprofessional bunch of players the new coach would be saddled with. And everybody knows that working in India is like an US private being posted in Iraq. Replace the suicide bombers with the constant media glare- a prominent channel ran a story in the wake of the appointment insinuating that Ford was a racist, Indian CNN-wannabe news readers immediately insisted on maiming his name by pronouncing it as Gre-haam, the 48 degree heat and dust in India would probably have cut short his life by five years, let alone his ailing wife's, and to top it all, his facial features would likely have been rearranged by local activists protesting over the non-inclusion of their beloved heroes in an unwary moment, as he walked from the team bus to a net session. Who in their right mind would take on an assignment like that?

Let's face it, this is a country that most of us dread to go back to. We visit it with trepidation in our heart every three or four years, after vaccinating kith and kin against every conceivable illness, lead an existence draped in mosquito nets for fear of being bitten by the bee sized anopheles while there, turn the AC full on to avoid waking up as a grilled aubergine in the mornings, strike the days off on the calendar and grow happier by the hour as the "vacation" draws to a close, and on the way back to the airport, count our belongings carefully to make sure the bags have not been halved in number, maybe putting the obligatory tenner in the CRY donation box to salve our conscience that we are doing our bit to kickstart the bloody place on its way to becoming a first world country, and by the way, could we place go back to our own comfortable 9-5 existence in our leafy homes in the UK or US, whil the other 1.2 billon were working at it, please? My, oh my...Ford doesn't even know how lucky he got, just there!

Let's face it, this is a country that most of us dread to go back to. We visit it with trepidation in our heart every three or four years, after vaccinating kith and kin against every conceivable illness, lead an existence draped in mosquito nets for fear of being bitten by the bee sized anopheles while there, turn the AC full on to avoid waking up as a grilled aubergine in the mornings, strike the days off on the calendar and grow happier by the hour as the "vacation" draws to a close, and on the way back to the airport, count our belongings carefully to make sure the bags have not been halved in number, maybe putting the obligatory tenner in the CRY donation box to salve our conscience that we are doing our bit to kickstart the bloody place on its way to becoming a first world country, and by the way, could we place go back to our own comfortable 9-5 existence in our leafy homes in the UK or US, whil the other 1.2 billon were working at it, please? My, oh my...Ford doesn't even know how lucky he got, just there!
This is so true ! :haha: Dhondy, there are a lot of clueless, gullible people forming a major part of the establishment - not to mention the public. They didn't learn their lessons from the Kapil Dev years, so they are simply asking for it. In all likelihood, an Indian will get this job, and only when our beloved team descends to the most unimaginable depths that even the most adamant pessimists couldn't have foreseen, will the powers that be realise how badly they f*cked up. If they want to learn their lessons the hard way, then so be it.

I won't fuss about the weather Dhondy. It could be hot in India but am sure UK doesn't get enough sun. Replace the A/C with heaters in UK and the rest of the cold countries. South Africa has extreme weather too. Weather should not be a reason to reject a job. As for the rest of the reasons I think they are pretty valid. Harsh but quite valid. If you live in Australia you will have been used to flies and the rest. An Aussie will be the one to fuss the least. They live life tough. Poms will be the worst candidate. All they do is whinge about every freakin thing on earth. No wonder Ford after living in UK must have got used to only good things and putting the feet up on most days considering half the summer is wet in UK anyways :tounge_smile:

Dhondy what you have written would make sense (even though I disagree with most of it) if the guy said no thanks in the first place. Given that he was interested in the job to start with, what you have written doesn't apply. It appears that he has refused it because he wasn't happy with the terms of the contract or the tone of the discussions with the BCCI.

Dhondy what you have written would make sense (even though I disagree with most of it) if the guy said no thanks in the first place. Given that he was interested in the job to start with, what you have written doesn't apply. It appears that he has refused it because he wasn't happy with the terms of the contract or the tone of the discussions with the BCCI.
A trip to India in June would have convinced Ford that if there was a hell on earth, it was this, it was this, it was this. A million dollars would have seemed survival rations on the way from the airport.

Dav Whatmore would have been the coach , had it not been for this fackers Dravid, Ganguly and Sachin. I have lost all respect for these three losers along with the circus clown Gavasker. These facker.s were responsible for convincing BCCI not to hire Whatmore so that they can enjoy their cushy life for few more years. I say get rid of all these losers and get all youngsters in the team. It is beyond me why the squeaky little selfish master blaster gets absolved of any wrong doing always.