Breaking News- Ford Turns down India coach offer

Dav Whatmore would have been the coach ' date=' had it not been for this fackers Dravid, Ganguly and Sachin. I have lost all respect for these three losers along with the circus clown Gavasker. These facker.s were responsible for convincing BCCI not to hire Whatmore so that they can enjoy their cushy life for few more years. I say get rid of all these losers and get all youngsters in the team. It is beyond me why the squeaky little selfish master blaster gets absolved of any wrong doing always.[/quote'] Maybe your beloved Kumble was also responsible for ruling out Whatmore given the reports about "Senior players" backing Ford. And Kumble is as senior as they come. Have you lost all respect for this loser, along with the trinity as well?
Maybe your beloved Kumble was also responsible for ruling out Whatmore given the reports about "Senior players" backing Ford. And Kumble is as senior as they come. Have you lost all respect for this loser' date=' along with the trinity as well?[/quote'] Yes , if Kumble is involved , then I will lose some respect for him. BTW, Bro , I was a die hard fan of Sachin too. It was only after the SA series and WC fiasco I have lost respect for him. Even you would have to agree that he is being too selfish nowadays. Same cannot be said about kumble.
Let's face it, this is a country that most of us dread to go back to. We visit it with trepidation in our heart every three or four years, after vaccinating kith and kin against every conceivable illness, lead an existence draped in mosquito nets for fear of being bitten by the bee sized anopheles while there, turn the AC full on to avoid waking up as a grilled aubergine in the mornings, strike the days off on the calendar and grow happier by the hour as the "vacation" draws to a close, and on the way back to the airport, count our belongings carefully to make sure the bags have not been halved in number, maybe putting the obligatory tenner in the CRY donation box to salve our conscience that we are doing our bit to kickstart the bloody place on its way to becoming a first world country, and by the way, could we place go back to our own comfortable 9-5 existence in our leafy homes in the UK or US, whil the other 1.2 billon were working at it, please? My, oh my...Ford doesn't even know how lucky he got, just there!
That's a quite sorry picture you have painted....yes there are places where living conditions are worse but that in no way is the general picture...no matter where people live in the world,they do a trade off because there's no place which is perfect.Ford might have had geniune reasons to decline the offer but dont tell me he expected India to be UK....there are people who relish a challenge and enjoy India with all its shortcomings.
when was the last time Kumble had a consistent test series?
:haha::haha: You do have a good sense of humor. Apparently you were sleeping when Kumble was playing in SA last year wherein he had a bowling average of 24.71 and took 14 wickets and was partly instrumental for the victory in the first test or against BA when he had a bowling average of 20.80 and wherein his service was not needed.
:haha::haha: You do have a good sense of humor. Apparently you were sleeping when Kumble was playing in SA last year wherein he had a bowling average of 24.71 and took 14 wickets and was partly instrumental for the victory in the first test or against BA when he had a bowling average of 20.80 and wherein his service was not needed.
Dont be selective with your stats. Lets talk about the whole picture. He did average 24.71 in SA and was consistent but the last good series he had(<20) against a team other than BD was in 05/06 and before that was in 01/02. Other wise he has a few on par series and few bad ones. No way near good as it should be for someone with his experience.And hes been our worst bowler in ODIs in the last 5 years.
Yes ' date=' if Kumble is involved , then I will lose some respect for him. BTW, Bro , [b']I was a die hard fan of Sachin too. It was only after the SA series and WC fiasco I have lost respect for him. Even you would have to agree that he is being too selfish nowadays. Same cannot be said about kumble.
absurd post
Dont be selective with your stats. Lets talk about the whole picture. He did average 24.71 in SA and was consistent but the last good series he had(<20) against a team other than BD was in 05/06 and before that was in 01/02. Other wise he has a few on par series and few bad ones. No way near good as it should be for someone with his experience.And hes been our worst bowler in ODIs in the last 5 years.
You are shifting the flag post now. First , you said recent performance , I gave you his stats for the recently concluded SA and BA series. Can you name one Indian bowler who has had better record then him in the last 5 years. Apparently , you missed my earlier posts. Even before the WC started , I wanted Ramesh Powar over both Kumble and Harbhy. So , I don't want him selected for ODI. I can agree with you on that.
since when did averaging < 20 become a yardstick for a "good" series? :cantstop:
You are shifting the flag post now. First , you said recent performance , I gave you his stats for the recently concluded SA and BA series. Can you name one Indian bowler who has had better record then him in the last 5 years. Apparently , you missed my earlier posts. Even before the WC started , I wanted Ramesh Powar over both Kumble and Harbhy. So , I don't want him selected for ODI. I can agree with you on that.
The reason you hate sachin/dravid and ganguly is for not performing in the last 1 year and hording the team slots (rightfully so) but somehow kumble doesnt get the blame. I am just saying kumble too has done the same. Its the selectors fault that they keep non-performers in the side,be it sachin or kumble. I do agree kumble was consistent in SA but he has had far too many bad series as well. Great bowlers on par performances (their career avg) is around 21/22. The highest for a great bowler is for warne at around 25. So its reasonable to think that a good series for a bowler is anything below 20. Esp. for someone whos been in the team for over 15 years.
http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/england/content/current/story/297812.html Emburey rules himself out of India's search for a coach Cricinfo staff June 12, 2007 spacer.gif297009.jpg?alt=1 John Emburey: staying put © Getty Images Less than 24 hours after Graham Ford turned the job of India coach down, John Emburey, the other candidate interviewed last week by the Indian board, ended speculation that he was in the running for the role. "In response to this speculation, John met with Vinny Codrington, the chief executive of Middlesex, and told him that he does not want to leave Middlesex and wishes to continue as director of cricket," a statement from the county said. "John would like to emphasise that at no point was he offered the role of India's coach and would like to thank the BCCI for the opportunity to interview for the position." Emburey, who had been considered a surprising candidate for the vacancy, said: "I have just got my teeth into a big new challenge at Middlesex and want to stay to complete the job and extend my 36-year association with the club." The Indian board is, to all intents and purposes, now back where it started and, having picked the Test and one-day squads for the UK tour today, has decided to appoint an interim cricket manager. © Cricinfo This is unbelievable... The same guy , who came like a dog with its tail wagging, hoping to land the job , is now claiming he never wanted the job... Would like to stay in middlesex hey ? Why did you turn up in the first place then ?
The reason you hate sachin/dravid and ganguly is for not performing in the last 1 year and hording the team slots (rightfully so) but somehow kumble doesnt get the blame. I am just saying kumble too has done the same. Its the selectors fault that they keep non-performers in the side,be it sachin or kumble. I do agree kumble was consistent in SA but he has had far too many bad series as well. Great bowlers on par performances (their career avg) is around 21/22. The highest for a great bowler is for warne at around 25. So its reasonable to think that a good series for a bowler is anything below 20. Esp. for someone whos been in the team for over 15 years.
Very strange logic. In one breath you say great bowlers on par is 21/22 but you make Warnie great despite 25??? There is something wrong in your opinion. You are pretty flexible when it comes to Warnie, why is that?

Free first class air trip' date=' good Indian curries, nice and cosy stay in five star hotels. Who wouldn't want to have a nice little holiday to switch off Sriram? :tounge_smile:

If those guys want to freak off , let them ! who is going to stop them ? but not at our expense... Is this some roller-coaster ride ? where you say "lemme give a shot" or something... This is the among the most high-profile job in the world of cricket... I dunno who to blame now... BCCI or these double speaking idiots.. And Varun.. you should have seen some of the statements made by THESE SAME guys 3-4 days ago.. wouldnt give you the impression as though they "just expressed interest"...

Very strange logic. In one breath you say great bowlers on par is 21/22 but you make Warnie great despite 25??? There is something wrong in your opinion. You are pretty flexible when it comes to Warnie' date=' why is that?[/quote'] Because bowling average is not the only criteria for judging a bowler. Its not like i have a personal liking for warne or anything. I believe,if warne didn't play as many games against England, he would average a run or two higher but that still wouldn't make him any less of a bowler than he was,IMO. Kaneria usually ends up with a sub-30 average cos he takes 6/150 after his team gives away 500 runs. Doesn't make him a decent bowler. Anyway, the topic is one persons dislike for certain players non-performance while other players gets "get out of jail" cards. I am sure he has his own logical thinking path, but as long as blaming players hording the side, i would blame the selectors for selecting them over and over again.