cookery Books??

theguyinallblue

how many guys and gals here have some cookery books..? does any one have the one by Jiggs Kalra.. ( Parshad) i am in desperate search for his recipe of "Daal Makhani" and "Daal Amritsari"..
vaise i have never referred to cookery book but i have access to some other ones other than jiggs kalra one let me know if u need that

Guest dada_rocks

I guess GIB educate kar raha hai kisi ko apne future ke liye........ sahi soncha hai bandhu..:thumbs_up:

if i would cook..then who would eat..? hum woh hain jo khana jante hain..Banana nahi..:haha: though i am a good cook..and cooks only when i feel like.... its my way of relaxing sometime... anyways.. i have decided that i will go to a book store....and note down the recipe there itself... why would i spend $30 on a book for two recipes..

why would i spend $30 on a book for two recipes..
Because it is worth it. I have a couple of cook books at my home that I use from time to time. Mostly when I am looking for something authentic Indian. The great thing about a cookbook is that you have about say 100 dishes, many of which you have absolutely forgotten about, and some that you have not even heard of. I personally think that no matter how good(or bad) a cook you are, after a while whatever you cook starts tasting the same. If you use a cook-book even if you cook the same dish(chicken curry for example) it will come out different simply because of the different spices used, different style of cooking and so on. Go on and invest in a cook-book, if nothing it will become a good coffee-table book. xxx