Insecurity and the cheap tactics of the old forums

King

Re: Insecurity and the cheap tactics of the old forums

Guess I should have worded it differently...my question is if it was not such a big deal as you claim...why did you choose to make this issue public at all?
Let me answer that. Because unlike the moderators on the other forum(maybe you are one, didn't get the time to access the forums and just came across the thread) we believe posters make up the message board and believe in sharing attempts to destroy their message board and asking for their opinions. Sounds like a pretty alien concept to you, right? Moreover, if you are so keen to advertise that website here the normal way to go would be to ask the mods/admins for reciprocal advertisement which we asked and were refused and were left with no choice but to use sneaky tactics to inform the posters whom we have shared a lot of fun for the past few years about our whereabouts. The idea of caring and respecting fellow posters. Pretty alien, right?

Ravi' date=' forget the stress on the "2 threads". Guess I should have worded it differently...my question is if it was not such a big deal as you claim...why did you choose to make this issue public at all? Also, I am not so naive to think you guys wouldn't get onto to me sooner than later, sending all those PM's in such a short period of time. Like I said, what I attempted to do was just giving you guys a taste of your own medicine, whether you believe it or not.[/quote'] It was a big deal at first as I was fairly surprised the PMs were used this quickly to market. 127 PMs were quite a bit and it was a big deal then. After I realized you had another ID on this forums and seeing your conduct as well as the PM text I felt it should be left at that. Sometimes when some of tools that we installed works it tempts you to chest thump and proclaim you see.
Ok, please delete this ID (the name sucks anyways). I'll use the other one in future if and when I post. Thanks.
You don't have to stop posting or should you feel guilty about all this. I'm clearly saying it isn't a big deal anymore and you only helped us realize the flood control is working. PM will be back but with a bit more security :hic: Also I'm not interested in publicizing your other ID. Let's just move on, we all make silly mistakes sometime. :wtg:

we believe posters make up the message board and believe in sharing attempts to destroy their message board and asking for their opinions.
lol @ destroy :lol: Anyways if sending a few PM's can be called an attempt to "Destroy", then I wonder what you would term the repeated attempts by many posters here, including many of the mods, to sneak in adverts to this site at ICFever. The initial post was hardly one asking for people's opinions. It was more a chest thumping exercise IMO. Taking about sharing info with people...is that why you have a separate admin panel for the mods...not to mention the strong caution warning people of 'IP banishment' etc. Great transparency indeed (not!). Anyways why not make those issues you discuss within the admin panel public as well...instead of picking and choosing issues like this one?

lol @ destroy lol Anyways if sending a few PM's can be called an attempt to "Destroy", then I wonder what you would term the repeated attempts by many posters here, including many of the mods, to sneak in adverts to this site at ICFever. The initial post was hardly one asking for people's opinions. It was more a chest thumping exercise IMO. Taking about sharing info with people...is that why you have a separate admin panel for the mods...not to mention the strong caution warning people of 'IP banishment' etc. Great way to share info to your members.
Now this is something we find it hard to take. You wrote about 120+ PMs which easily qualify as spamming and now you question us why did we have to open a thread about it. I already said yes it was chest thumping and I see no problem in that. A new user "RameshG" PMs about 120+ times on the day he joins and we should sort it out ourselves is it? BTW the ones that are contributing on a daily basis have absoltuely no problem with the way this website operates but you are having a problem??? Two users so far have been banned and believe me the users on this board were the first to suggest those bans not the mods. If you are still typing these posts you must have realised we have a lot of patience and don't go around banning someone just because we love to ban people. You go the same way the other two have (abuse this website, users) and no question IP ban is what you will get.

You don't have to stop posting or should you feel guilty about all this. I'm clearly saying it isn't a big deal anymore and you only helped us realize the flood control is working. PM will be back but with a bit more security hic Also I'm not interested in publicizing your other ID. Let's just move on, we all make silly mistakes sometime. wtg
Trust me, I don't feel even one iota of guilt for what I did with the PM's :wtg: (reason already given) And I wouldn't mind if you publicized my other ID here...no big deal, I just used it to discuss cricket. Ok moving on...just one question...can we change our nicknames, like we can at ICFever? Just want to avoid registering once again as if I do post here in future, I would like to do so with my ICFever ID.

lol @ destroy Anyways if sending a few PM's can be called an attempt to "Destroy", then I wonder what you would term the repeated attempts by many posters here, including many of the mods, to sneak in adverts to this site at ICFever.
Spam=destroy in internet vocabulary. And I did not expect better than the usual picking on one or two words rather than discussing your pathetic attempt at trolling. I've already given the reason for the sneaky adverts. If you are so confident about your site, lets make it reciprocal advertising as is the norm on the internet.
Taking about sharing info with people...is that why you have a separate admin panel for the mods...
There is already a thread on the forums discussing that. The need to preserve our phone numbers and avoid getting a flood of emails is the reason for the existence of the forum. We have promised only administrative issues and personal information will be discussed there to our posters and guess what they trust us.
not to mention the strong caution warning people of 'IP banishment' etc
Whats wrong with that? If SN had given you guys those rights most of us would have met the same fate. FYI there have been 2 users banned so far, Blade for abusing the site, Rajeev, and Ravi incessantly over 100 posts and anu_D(for 14 days) for abusing the site, its moderators, and fellow posters incessantly for 120 posts. That you are still posting here will give you an idea of the moderation levels here. Can you promise me that I will not get banned for advertising our site on yours?
Anyways why not make those issues you discuss within the admin panel public as well...instead of picking and choosing issues like this one?
Read above about the requirement to preserve our privacy and avoid our email inboxes from flooding. We have discussed the IP addresses of posters we have banned there and would not have wanted to make them public even for our banned posters because of the hazards of the internet. Get it?

You don't have to stop posting or should you feel guilty about all this. I'm clearly saying it isn't a big deal anymore and you only helped us realize the flood control is working. PM will be back but with a bit more security hic Also I'm not interested in publicizing your other ID. Let's just move on' date=' we all make silly mistakes sometime. wtg[/quote'] Trust me, I don't feel even one iota of guilt for what I did with the PM's :wtg: (reason already given) And I wouldn't mind if you publicized my other ID here...no big deal, I just used it to discuss cricket. Ok moving on...just one question...can we change our nicknames, like we can at ICFever? Just want to avoid registering once again as if I do post here in future, I would like to do so with my ICFever ID.
No you can't change your nick but if you like to retain your old forums ID just let me know and I will change your old nick to the one you choose.

And I wouldn't mind if you publicized my other ID here...no big deal, I just used it to discuss cricket.
Are you sure master Abe wont be displeased to know that you were posting here? And this is quite funny that you were posting here and discussing cricket and have constantly stopped us from informing our fellow posters at ex-ICF of our whereabouts!!!! :lmao: :lmao:

Re: Insecurity and the cheap tactics of the old forums ^ ^ Very funny :roll: I just made a handful of posts under the other ID...and anyway it was just over the last few days...well after you guys had stopped your sneaky attempts to advert on ICFever. Anyways continue amusing yourself at the expense of ICFever. Great attitude by the mods I have to say, encouraging mocking and abuse of a site and its regulars they used to frequent for years until not too long ago. I'm sure it will stand you in good stead in the long run. Several posts of blatant personal abuse/mocking have been allowed to stand without so much as a protest from the mods. Whatever the biases of the mods at ICFever, you rarely if ever saw such cheap personal comments against any poster allowed to stand, even against those who had opposite POV's and hated the site.

Re: Insecurity and the cheap tactics of the old forums Its not Max I think and apparently Bumper 'got it right the first time' wrt to who Ramesh Saab is...so Abe or Shiva possibly. Anyways, as has already been pointed out posters here are aware of the other boards existance and are free to post there (and vice versa). I for one, post equally irregularly on both. So the adverting will not get you anywhere And yes ICFever isnt the same. Its just Anu, Audio and the mods going around in circles. Gabbar and the occaisional Pakster. Theyll all migrate before long :)

Re: Insecurity and the cheap tactics of the old forums LOL. Don't get so defensive. No one is making fun of ex-ICF but fun of a couple of people who ran it to the ground. If you think only some people had a problem with the moderators on ex-ICF, why do you think 60% of the top 50 posters are here?

Ravi' date=' if this guy doesn't post on cricket soon, just ban his ass and get him out of here. We don't need cheap publicity from these wannabes.[/quote'] Dhondy, control yourself dude. So much anger over what? Take it easy...I wasn't the one who started this thread.

I just made a handful of posts under the other ID
Why not give the other posters at ex-ICF the same opportunity to make those handful posts?
Great attitude by the mods I have to say, encouraging mocking and abuse of a site they used to frequent for years until not too long ago. I'm sure it will stand you in good stead in the long run.
Better than creating multiple IDs and spamming the hell out of site whose existence is solely due the stupid a$$ moderation policies being followed at ex-ICF. Charm of a $75 computer game too much to give up for a principled stance against a website which was formed on the back of "backbiting", "politics" and a website you were eager to see the downfall of?

Ravi' date=' if this guy doesn't post on cricket soon, just ban his ass and get him out of here. We don't need cheap publicity from these wannabes.[/quote'] Exactly ! Why do we even bother soiling our own territory with these slimey turds ?!!? Bunch of attention-wh0res - the lot of them. Their own forum is a sh*thole headed towards a full-fledged collapse, and since they are all jobless c*nts with ample time on their hands, they can't help but take their bullsh*t to a forum like ours. Imagine what kind of impression a thread like this creates for new members ? We've had three of these idiots register on here in the past, and it was evident that none of them intend on talking cricket and they were all rightfully banned. Why bother giving these tools the benefit of doubt in the first place ? Just 'can their @sses.

Ravi' date=' if this guy doesn't post on cricket soon, just ban his ass and get him out of here. We don't need cheap publicity from these wannabes.[/quote'] Exactly ! Why do we even bother soiling our own territory with these slimey turds ?!!? Bunch of attention-wh0res - the lot of them. Their own forum is a sh*thole headed towards a full-fledged collapse, and since they are all jobless c*nts with ample time on their hands, they can't help but take their bullsh*t to a forum like ours. Imagine what kind of impression a thread like this creates for new members ? We've had three of these idiots register on here in the past, and it was evident that none of them intend on talking cricket and they were all rightfully banned. Why bother giving these tools the benefit of doubt in the first place ? Just 'can their @sses.
^ this is the kind of personal abuse I was referring to in my earlier post. No way would a post such as the one above by Predator_05 be allowed to stand at ICFever...no matter who it was directed against. And I have seen several such posts full of blind irrational hatred here on this board, without a single word uttered by the mods.