Bhajji backers seem to be shying away....

Dekho Pink bhai' date=' Swann turned the ball more, overturned it..whatever..in the end all that counts is...how many wickuts he took..same as Bhajji :--D[/quote'] Yeah, Swann got only 2 wickets in the match and Bhajji 1 wicket. Difference of only 1. But the number of runs? Those extra 100 runs. :facepalm:

I didn't expect Bhajji to take 5/6 wickets in this match since his been off form for so long. But in the least the expectation from our senior most spinner is to bowl economically, hold up one end and get 2/3 wickets especially considering he bowled almost 60 overs. No pressure, gave away runs, and looked a clown with the bat. Time to give Mishra a go or even Sreesanth. Harbhajan Singh = Ashley Giles.

Guest Gunner

What he did with the bat today was unbelievable. A senior player in that situation should have shown more maturity. I could barely believe it when he played that shot.

I didn't expect Bhajji to take 5/6 wickets in this match since his been off form for so long. But in the least the expectation from our senior most spinner is to bowl economically, hold up one end and get 2/3 wickets especially considering he bowled almost 60 overs. No pressure, gave away runs, and looked a clown with the bat. Time to give Mishra a go or even Sreesanth. Harbhajan Singh = Ashley Giles.
Yeah, that's the most important part. He is experienced enough and he still bowls so badly. You can have bad days, bad form but if you go for so many runs easily then team certainly need to reconsider your place. Bowling economically in minimum what team wants from an experienced bowler.
What he did with the bat today was unbelievable. A senior player in that situation should have shown more maturity. I could barely believe it when he played that shot.
..but he got centuries that way too, I am disappointed with Sachin though - he cannot play for time and gets all worked up
Guest Gunner
Yeah well bowled Swann' date=' you got 1 more wicket then Bhaji:winky:[/quote'] Swann bowled very very well. You saw the match KT and you know the truth.
Not that good. 5th day pitch and he hardly beat the bat. Tells me track was spinners grave yard.
First of all, Swanny got a top order wicket in each innings (Raina in the first and Gambhir in the 2nd) & his economy rate was well below 3 in each dig. To top it, he scored 24 useful runs at a good strike rate. Donkey Bhajan threw darts all five days, went well over 4 in the first innings & played two brain dead innings with the bat. His 2nd innings pull shot while trying to save a test match tells you how shockingly poor his attitude has become. The dood should be kicked in his nuts & shown the door before he hurts us more. Swann did not have the luxury of bowling to batsmen who were reverse sweeping him with their eyes closed. Perhaps he could have snared a few more victims had our batsmen done that.
This is the time, folks! Biggest series of the year for India - India versus England in England! Swann, the top spinner in the world whirling the ball around, Bhajji, the pretender darting the ball on leg stump. Put your signature where your mouth is - here it is : Itna to back karo bechare Bhajji ko - under 30 to average karega in such a high profile series, when everything is on the line, possibly India's number 1 ranking if we slip up later in the year. Let's see what the emotional leader and fighter is made of - let's see your confidence in him to rise up to the occasion!
You can give the luxury of 50 now.

Bhajji looks old and busted. PK/Ishant were bowling in their first test in England and showed more fight and ability to learn than the most experienced bowler in the BOTH teams. I'm actually embarressed with the way he played. Both with bat and ball. The England players must be laughing to themselves thinking how many easy runs they are going to get against him the rest of the series. Prior/KP pretty much ripped him apart.