Bhajji backers seem to be shying away....

But you can't blame figures of 0/152 on one dropped catch. Sure things could have turned out different but surely a bowler can't just bowl rubbish coz of a dropped chance as it's part and parcel of the game.
Not the best figures but dropped catches dont help either.
Not the best figures but dropped catches dont help either.
It was one dropped catch IIRC. Going by that argument Broad should have had figures of 2/200 as 2 catches were dropped off his bowling and they were much easier than the Dravid catch. Dropped catches is not new to cricket and I dare say every bowler has had catches dropped but that doesn't mean they start bowling cr@p. If you are implying Bhajji gave up after a catch was put down off his bowling, it's even bigger worry than his bowling form.

Seriously how can a person compare Bhajji's performance with Swann't performance in the match. First of compare their bowling. Bhajji was getting no turn, while Swann hurried the ball with turn. Swann always looked dangerous and batsman were not able to score freely against him. He was bowling way better than Bhajji. For those who are just seeing just 1 wicket of Swann, should note that Bhajji not only failed to take a wicket but he conceded runs at a very high rate. Last point, Swann bowled to a batting line-up which plays spin best, Bhajji bowled to players who don't play spin that well. I feel that if Bhajji bats against Bhajji himself, he will smack himself all over the park without getting dismissed. :P

Why just Pietersen? Kallis did the same at Cape Town - any other spinner would have been thrilled to see the batsman taking such a risky approach on a day 4 track. Bhajji immediately changed his line and started firing darts on middle and leg stump' date=' negating the rough outside off stump and Kallis went on to score his century and save the match. Yeah, Bhajji picked up some tail enders later on going for a slog to end up with 'respectable' figures but anyone watching the match can pinpoint where we lost our chance.[/quote'] That's all Bhajji does these days... firing in darts and occasionally bat to show his worth in the team. He is no longer a "spin" bowler. He is more of a slow medium bowler who bowls off-cutters.

It's time to move on. At the moment, he's being persisted with just for his so-called experience. I don't know how that experience is helping India. Either get Ashwin in the Test team or pick Mishra. Enough of Mr. no spin, no loop, no drift, no flight Harbhajan Singh.

Harbhajan's Test Stats since 2006 http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/player/29264.html?class=1;spanmin1=01+Jan+2006;spanval1=span;template=results;type=bowling 47 matches, 186 wickets at an average of 37! Only 8 5-fers and 1 10-fer. In his first 50 Tests, he had 17 5-fers and 4 10-fers. The stats say it all. This guy doesn't deserve his place in the team. I know we will have the usual folks who will justify those stats (batting wickets, not enough support etc etc blah blah blah). But, the fact is that those are appalling stats over a 5 year period when he was supposedly India's premier spin bowler. Note the average against Pak - an eye-popping 79! :omg: I remember a Test series in Pak when he got no wickets even after playing all Tests and still managed to keep his place in the team. Pray, how does one explain that :confused_smile: