Why it's all Downhill since April...

Hahahahahaha' date=' yes, BUT, it won't be the first one at home, or away from home, and [b']there will never be another player like Sachin, for us to want to win it for, playing in his 6th World Cup! HOWEVER, for people like my daughter, who won't remember this (16 months old at time of victory), your scenario would be their best victory ever...
Don't be so sure about that, same was said when Gavaskar was playing but then a kid named Sachin announced himself. :two_thumbs_up:
Don't be so sure about that' date=' same was said when Gavaskar was playing but then a kid named Sachin announced himself. :two_thumbs_up:[/quote'] True, but Sachin has by far surpassed the greatness of Gavaskar. Gavaskar himself would co-sign this statement. It would obviously be fantastic if India produced another player as great as Sachin, or better, but can you honestly see that happening?! The man's stats are freakish, nobody is even close. He's also maintained that level for 22 years! I will be in shock and awe if anyone breaks Sachin's run-total/century records. (His ODI 200 will probably get smashed within the next couple of years though, lol)...
True' date=' but Sachin has by far surpassed the greatness of Gavaskar. Gavaskar himself would co-sign this statement. It would obviously be fantastic if India produced another player as great as Sachin, or better, but can you honestly see that happening?! The man's stats are freakish, nobody is even close. He's also maintained that level for 22 years! I will be in shock and awe if anyone breaks Sachin's run-total/century records. (His ODI 200 will probably get smashed within the next couple of years though, lol)...[/quote'] Agree. But there could well be someone who while not lasting as long as him, have a career with greater number of highs and less lows, especially since we have a strong support from other players now. Lets say one of the youngsters goes on to play for 10-12 years and ends up with 100-120 tests at 65, with centuries all over the world.
Agree. But there could well be someone who while not lasting as long as him, have a career with greater number of highs and less lows, especially since we have a strong support from other players now. Lets say one of the youngsters goes on to play for 10-12 years and ends up with 100-120 tests at 65, with centuries all over the world.
An average of 5 Test Centuries + 5 ODI centuries a year, for 10 years? If that happens, fair play!!! I just can't see it though, not in this lifetime anyway!...
An average of 5 Test Centuries + 5 ODI centuries a year' date=' for 10 years? If that happens, fair play!!! I just can't see it though, not in this lifetime anyway!...[/quote'] The player needn't get that many hundreds... a Test career spanning 10-12 years with around 34 or so 100s with a career average of 60+ would be an all-time great.
Guest Gunner
Agree. But there could well be someone who while not lasting as long as him, have a career with greater number of highs and less lows, especially since we have a strong support from other players now. Lets say one of the youngsters goes on to play for 10-12 years and ends up with 100-120 tests at 65, with centuries all over the world.
An average of 5 Test Centuries + 5 ODI centuries a year' date=' for 10 years? If that happens, fair play!!! I just can't see it though, not in this lifetime anyway!...[/quote'] rohit-sharma-00.jpg

Retaining the WC in AUS, with Sachin still playing, and getting an iconic hundred in the final, in his last ODI match. Well... that would top it for me. Imagine a final at the MCG. India/Pak or India/Aus. And Sachin putting them in their place again. Ahhhh orgasmic.

I don't agree with people who say that winning in south africa and australia is bigger than winning world cup. It will be great thing to have happend, but it won't bring same joy as the world cup does. Anyone remember the pictures of streets of India. Small town, big town whichever you see. People had gone mad crazy to see the game together in Indian blue shirts. WORLD CUP was the word all over later march till April. I agree with yOU COB. I won't get to see a better day to live than that 2nd April 2011. Even if i Meet Sachin in real life, or any other superstar or even if I see India lift the world cup live from the MCG stands in 2016, it won't match my moment of seeing my team win on 2nd april 2011. THAT WAS THE GREATEST DAY AS AN INDIAN..

I don't agree with people who say that winning in south africa and australia is bigger than winning world cup. It will be great thing to have happend, but it won't bring same joy as the world cup does. Anyone remember the pictures of streets of India. Small town, big town whichever you see. People had gone mad crazy to see the game together in Indian blue shirts. WORLD CUP was the word all over later march till April. I agree with yOU COB. I won't get to see a better day to live than that 2nd April 2011. Even if i Meet Sachin in real life, or any other superstar or even if I see India lift the world cup live from the MCG stands in 2016, it won't match my moment of seeing my team win on 2nd april 2011. THAT WAS THE GREATEST DAY AS AN INDIAN..
What if India wins footie world cup few years down the line or more probably hammers Pak in World Cup final in 2015?
What if India wins footie world cup few years down the line or more probably hammers Pak in World Cup final in 2015?
Cricket is in my blood. I love soccer, but nothing like Cricket. If any such miracle takes place, it shall be great to see, but nothing like CRICKET world cup. More than Soccer, I am a big Tennis fan who has spent lot of money to watch Paes and Bhupathi and other not so popular Indian tennis players whenever they have appeared in States. It will be great great achievement to see PAES-BHUPATHI win another grandslam together and it shall be a great day for me, but it won't be able to surpass anything like Cricket World cup
Cricket is in my blood. I love soccer, but nothing like Cricket. If any such miracle takes place, it shall be great to see, but nothing like CRICKET world cup. More than Soccer, I am a big Tennis fan who has spent lot of money to watch Paes and Bhupathi and other not so popular Indian tennis players whenever they have appeared in States. It will be great great achievement to see PAES-BHUPATHI win another grandslam together and it shall be a great day for me, but it won't be able to surpass anything like Cricket World cup
That :two_thumbs_up:
Ofcourse its gonna be all downhill after that. After what happened in 07 28 years of waiting Tendulkars last wc. Wc final in my hometown. I was there in the stadium. Team members carrying sachin on their shoulders for a victory lap.. Goddy crying with happiness.. All in front of my eyes .. The mayhem on mumbai streets after the game... You tell me... Can this be topped?
Post of the Year. :hatsoff: Absolutely. This can never be topped. The only thing that could possibly be better than this WC win would be winning a WC in Pakistan.
hammers Pak in World Cup final in 2015?
The only thing that could possibly be better than this WC win would be winning a WC in Pakistan.
Why are we so obsessed with Padosis? I dont think any win can beat the WC win!! :isalute: And no shot can beat the WC winning shot!! :isalute: