Geoff Marsh

gator

Why the hell is the BCCI not discussing his name? he was a low profile player as well as a low-profile coach.... IMO, he was one of the key members of the aussie rennaissance both as player and as coach... he is a very steel and gritty person, who doesnt bull-shyte..... He led the aussies to a WC win and he has served as a top team's opener, coach and selector.... what other qualifications would u want??? i say, get him on board somehow...

We all know Sunil Gavaskar will be the next Indian coach.
:haha::haha:No chance! Sunny is nuts but not that mad to take up the job! He prefers to criticise from afar! Same as shastri who only wanted job against bangla and thats it. I wonder why???? He sure came out smelling of roses after that little stint!
:haha::haha:No chance! Sunny is nuts but not that mad to take up the job!
He is stopping all the half-decent candidates by arguing against their selection during the committee meetings. Why would anyone in their right mind turn away a World Cup winning coach like Whatmore ? Think about it. There has to be an ulterior motive behind these actions of his. I think he actually WANTS the job for himself.
Geoff Marsh should first be interested in the job... is he ?
i would like our d1ck-heads to find out.... on second thots, i dont mind Srikkanth as a coach either... an uncomplicated bumpkin, who seems shrewd and fearless and puts the youngsters at ease.... ask Tendulkar, who debuted under him... or Aggy who was kinda discovered by him...
i would like our d1ck-heads to find out.... on second thots' date=' i dont mind Srikkanth as a coach either... an uncomplicated bumpkin, who seems shrewd and fearless and puts the youngsters at ease.... ask Tendulkar, who debuted under him... or Aggy who was kinda discovered by him...[/quote'] I wouldn't mind Sreekanth as a manager Gator but as a coach? Not too sure of that. He has this knack of coming across as a very personable chap so in that sense he can forge a commaderie within the team but his knowledge of the game never flatters me. He kind of goes against the classical norm of commentating(or expert opinion) - Dont say anything unless you can add to the scenario. Good bloke but hardly a good tactician. xxx

I think they should get John Wrigt back. John Wright seems to still be concerned with Indian Cricket. He seemed very hurt during the world cup when India were kicked out of the tourney in the very first round. My vote goes to John Wright or some coach from Australian domestic team. They are producing such good players every now and then. Something must be good with their domestic team coaches.

now that we have a bowling and fielding coach... and New zealand is not giving John the job of Head coach of NZ team.. John should apply... i think john will be a good candidate.... but even he too by now will be knowing too much about sub-continent style..just like dave.. so don't know if seniors will support him or not this time..... but i believe John can again come back to India.. this way he can write another book.." Indian weathers"..this time..:regular_smile: