Lords test 2011 : Predictions and discussion

'Fraid the Houdini act, which has worked for us on so many occasions in the past, aint gonna cut it this time around. The ball's still swinging, the English bowlers will have their tails up knowing whats at stake, they will have 400+ target to defend, Strauss can keep 3+ slips ALL the time and our batsmen's morale will be quite low from the first innings disappointment. You might as well hope to wake up on morning and see elephants flying out of your window. Our biggest hope is weather issues. Hopefully, it rains and they lose about a session, session and a half tomorrow. That will slightly unsettle England's plans. But knowing Flower, he would have already drawn up plans B, C, D and E to cover all circumstances.

if we had sehwag... strauss wouldnt dare give that target. he will give say 450 to win 100 overs thats the importance of having sehwag's presence in the team... he will hit or not is not the point. his reputation is scary.
Yeah we have heard that before. Sehwag averages around 30 in the 2nd team innings(3rd or 4th match innings) making him the least reliable and least effective in a batting line up of SRT, RD, VVS and GG and yet somehow we need to be scary of his reputation. Hmm..

I am not sure why you guys are so negative. If strauss sets up 450, Even if we score 100 for 1 initially Strauus will be under pressure and 450 is not out of reach for this batting line up. I although predict a draw. India cannot be bowled out in 125 overs twice. 1st innings it was 95 overs. Two time collapse is usually not our style. Keep faith on our team guys. Even Mukund and Gambhir can bat for long hours

As long as you have a line up of GG, RD, SRT, VVS to be followed by SR, MSD and HS you have a chance. These guys have done it a lot of times from difficult situations in the recent times in all conditions and the reason behind India remaining unbeaten in 11 straight series the first such streak in the countries Test cricket history.

Ah, disappointing day at Lord's. Anyway, Lord's often gets bloody flat on day 5. It's damn hard to force a result and I'll back India to bat it out. The key would be not to bowl like retards tomorrow and keep the runs down even if we don't pick up a lot of wickets. In the last 3 years or so, SA scored a million runs in 2008 and Australia scored over 400 as well with Dog making a hundred.

I am not sure why you guys are so negative. If strauss sets up 450, Even if we score 100 for 1 initially Strauus will be under pressure and 450 is not out of reach for this batting line up. I although predict a draw. India cannot be bowled out in 125 overs twice. 1st innings it was 95 overs. Two time collapse is usually not our style. Keep faith on our team guys. Even Mukund and Gambhir can bat for long hours
Did any of the top batsmen look troubled? ofcourse not. They got out playing their shots. I just don't see this lineup folding up twice in a match (if the opposition doesn't have a steyn in their ranks). I would especially back Gambhir to bat through the innings with indians' backs up against the wall.