What do you think about Shivaji(Rajni starrer)?

Lurker

Sriram..for some days..change your Handle to "Rajni_Mania"...
Hahaha.. i should i guess... :) And about the dialog part , the tamil version would be too long and boring for you guys to endure , so i will just put some english transaltions ** "If I say one time , it means I have said a hundred times" -- This is by far Rajini most famous punch dialigue ( as it is called) ** "A man who cant control his desires or a women who cant control her anger , will never have a happy life" ** "You dont get anything in life without a struggle. Whatever you do without a struggle , wont stay with you in the long run" ** "God will give a lot to bad people. In the end however , he will ditch them. God will test good people a lot , but will stay with them till the end ! "

Chandramukhi was crap for the most part... But ' date=' who cares... We love to him to bits anyways.. Just watching a Rajni movie is reason enough to celebrate for most of us..[/quote'] i would rather enjoy a good movie with a no name actor in it than celebrate a crappy movie with a "super-star" in it. i think rajini was perfectly suited for the villain roles he played early in his career. that said, i will still watch this one when the DVD comes out.

"Dont mind Sriram but somehow I feel the there should be some conscience within him to act opposite to a heroin of age less than his daughter's age" Point taken Apo.. But do you go to the cinema hall to get entertained or to look for logic and check whether the director complies with conscience ? Rajini movies are guarenteed entertainers. "i would rather enjoy a good movie with a no name actor in it than celebrate a crappy movie with a "super-star" in it. i think rajini was perfectly suited for the villain roles he played early in his career. that said, i will still watch this one when the DVD comes out." Fair enough. Who doesnt like good cinema ? Actually , Rajini is the "good" part of good cinema you are looking for. If anybody else had performed the same role . the movies would have been miserable flops

The only Rajni movies I have seen are Andha Kanoon and Hum...I like the fact that atleast his movies guarantee the masses entertainment...he's an original for sure....if they had English or Hindi subtitles I would have given some of his blockbusters a shot.From what little I have seen of him in the media,the guy seems nice and humble.....I read somewhere that he's got a following in Japan of all the places....!!

"Dont mind Sriram but somehow I feel the there should be some conscience within him to act opposite to a heroin of age less than his daughter's age" Point taken Apo.. But do you go to the cinema hall to get entertained or to look for logic and check whether the director complies with conscience ? Rajini movies are guarenteed entertainers.
if everyone knows he is a good actor then whats wrong with taking a heroin of comparative age. I have heard Rajni chooses his own heroines. Dont know how much of that is true. And somehow it happens only in his movies. I have never seen such an age difference anywhere in India (except in Telugu cinema I think) But whenever I point out this issue, people start abusing and comparing it with other cinema. In the end, its the people choice only.

Its the script Apo. When you want to fill a 3 hour movie with excitement , action and comedy , you cant possibly have your hero to be a 55 year old man. That is precisely the reason why Rajini plays roles much much younger than his own age. And it isnt that he is trying to fool anyone here. We all know what his real age is. The celluloid form is pure entertainment only !:teeth_smile:

>>>>if everyone knows he is a good actor then whats wrong with taking a heroin of comparative age. I have heard Rajni chooses his own heroines. Dont know how much of that is true. And somehow it happens only in his movies. I have never seen such an age difference anywhere in India (except in Telugu cinema I think) Apo...have you heard of nishabd and cheeni kum..... :wink_smile: Aur bhi movies hain..par mein kuch nahi boloongi nahi to gambit and his lyncing party will get after my life. That clown Rehamiya is cast opposite a 14-15 yr old girl in his forth coming movie.......pervert takla !!! Waisay i can never understand this kind of heroworshipping of actors or actresses.......it's so silly.

Guest dada_rocks

are yaar movie hai enjoy karo.. wo koi shaadi to kar nahin raha hai bachchciyon se.. billion se jyada log is tarah ke character ko prophet maane baithe hain aur aap log ak movie mein acting tak nahin bardasht kar sakte..

The age crap happens in all Indian Movies.The only reason its less prevalent in bollywood is cos no "hero" survives that long as a "hero".Amitabh.the only one who did and when he made a comeback he did act with some pretty young girls.I wouldn't include nisabdh in that,cos the story calls for an old guy-young girl. Anyway....Rajini had acted in some entertaining movies in 90s and i never really got into any of his movies. But the day i saw one of his movies,arunuachalam, in a hall, that day i learned what celebration meant. Imagine a WC cricket final in eden gardens in which India is winning, and now put all that noise inside a freaking movie hall....It was like mardi gras without the booze and the boobs plus 100X times the noise. The movie sucked but it was one great experience.

>>>>if everyone knows he is a good actor then whats wrong with taking a heroin of comparative age. I have heard Rajni chooses his own heroines. Dont know how much of that is true. And somehow it happens only in his movies. I have never seen such an age difference anywhere in India (except in Telugu cinema I think) Apo...have you heard of nishabd and cheeni kum..... :wink_smile: Aur bhi movies hain..par mein kuch nahi boloongi nahi to gambit and his lyncing party will get after my life. That clown Rehamiya is cast opposite a 14-15 yr old girl in his forth coming movie.......pervert takla !!! Waisay i can never understand this kind of heroworshipping of actors or actresses.......it's so silly.
I was expecting this that till now no one has written me back about big b's movie nishabd. Dont know about Cheeni Kum though. But i think story of Nishabd is like that only which requires an old man falling in love with a young woman. Dont mind radhika but wherever I have put up this question in front of anyone from tamil nadu, I have been retorted back to only one movie, Nishabd. Reshamiya is the clown only and major part of his movie followers are rickshawaalas etc. I was just saying that it should be person's own conscience when he is acting in a movie. Why you bother about director has to say.
But do you go to the cinema hall to get entertained or to look for logic and check whether the director complies with conscience ?
Consider this obscure example. You are a very well known batsman and playing a match on the home ground with an umpire from your country. You get a life chance because of a wrong decision since umpire just favors you. At this point will you not walk back yourself I dint mean to hurt anyone's views. You guys enjoy the movie.

Dont mind Sriram but somehow I feel the there should be some conscience within him to act opposite to a heroin of age less than his daughter's age
Apocalypse. I would disagree with you on that. Like any movie actor/actresses's fan, Rajni fans are NOT in love with Rajnikanth the person but in love with Rajnikanth the cinematic persona. This is Rajni's on-screen personality sivaji.jpg and this is Rajni in actual life rajinikanth_30.jpg Now I dare say the masses are in love with the former and not the latter. And the former has every right to act opposite a 15-20 year old. This is no different than a Hindi movie buff. There is this girl that I know who is absolutely smitten by Shahrukh Khan. She lives in NY and has visited his shows almost every time SRK is here, however even though she had chances to meet SRK directly she choses not to. Why? Because then her whole mirage of SRK being this that and the other will be broken. I have met many girls who confess that they would marry Amitabh Bacchan in a heartbeat. But are they in love with Amitabh at 65 who looks absolutely cr@p in real life? NO. They are in love with his on-screen persona and shall be that way. So when I see Rajni acting against heroines half her age I look at his character, who is generally 30-35 in age and that takes away any discomfort I may have with the whole old hero romancing young heroines. xxxx