God strikes Jesus

Rajiv

Lightning damages Jesus statue :cantstop:
Perfect time for a famous quote- "I still say a church steeple with a lightning rod on top shows a lack of confidence" :hysterical::haha: Some other interesting info- Churches in Germany shunned [benjamin] Franklin's new invention [the lightning rod] for three decades, during which time some 400 church towers were damaged by lightning and 120 bell ringers killed. In one church a bolt of lightning struck the tower and melted the bell, electrocuted the priest, deprived a parishioner of her sensibilities and destroyed a painting of the Savior. Church towers, being the highest structures in a village, are commonly struck by lightning, while brothels and saloons next door escape untouched. -- William Deitz, Creation/Evolution Satiricon As late as 1770 many religious Americans still felt that, since thunder and lightning were tokens of the divine displeasure, it was impiety to prevent their doing their full work. It took a few decades for the devout to abandon their religious prejudices regarding the use of the lightning rod, but eventually it was demonstrated to all but the most dense that both the "vengeance of God" and the "Prince of the Power of the Air" were forced to retreat before the lightning-rod of a heretic. -- A. D. White, A History of the Warfare of Science with Theology & E.T.B.

Guest dada_rocks
Perfect time for a famous quote- "I still say a church steeple with a lightning rod on top shows a lack of confidence" :hysterical::haha: Some other interesting info- Churches in Germany shunned [benjamin] Franklin's new invention [the lightning rod] for three decades, during which time some 400 church towers were damaged by lightning and 120 bell ringers killed. In one church a bolt of lightning struck the tower and melted the bell, electrocuted the priest, deprived a parishioner of her sensibilities and destroyed a painting of the Savior. Church towers, being the highest structures in a village, are commonly struck by lightning, while brothels and saloons next door escape untouched. -- William Deitz, Creation/Evolution Satiricon As late as 1770 many religious Americans still felt that, since thunder and lightning were tokens of the divine displeasure, it was impiety to prevent their doing their full work. It took a few decades for the devout to abandon their religious prejudices regarding the use of the lightning rod, but eventually it was demonstrated to all but the most dense that both the "vengeance of God" and the "Prince of the Power of the Air" were forced to retreat before the lightning-rod of a heretic. -- A. D. White, A History of the Warfare of Science with Theology & E.T.B.
:haha: thanks for waking my son up....actually i burst into laughter after going through that quote and side-effect little guy is awake now

Guest dada_rocks
:haha: "There were pilgrims up there on the hill," Sister Ilaria said. "The biggest miracle is no one got hit with the falling debris."
see devouts have found a miracle even in this

Guest dada_rocks
The title of this thread... Am i the only guy seeing the Pun here ?
i bet it's deliberate:hysterical:

Guest dada_rocks

watch george carlin pontificating on concept of God.. my apologies to very very very devout ones in advance 8uBAPbOWLxc