salmaan rushdie knighted

Guest dada_rocks

No..the violent reaction we see from Islam is because the founding father of Islam was a violent man. PERIOD.
If Islam is an inherently violent religion , Then why do you have only sections of the islamic world up in arms against americans ? and not the entire 1.5 billion of them ? Again , the west's duplicity in handling issues is what gives the extremists in islam a chance to interpret the Quran in the way they want to , and sell their ideology to naive young people.

Then why do you have only sections of the islamic world up in arms against americans ? and not the entire 1.5 billion of them ?
Because not all MUSLIMS follow ISLAM the same hardcore level ? Not ALL muslims interpret the Quoran LITERALLY or know most of the Koran ?Because many muslims today have an agenda to prove their faith and themselves to be peaceful and thus disregard/ignore Koran's calls for Jihads? Most people (and this is the reason i slate Islam,not muslims) in the world, regardless of faith,color or age have remarkably similar goals in life- to make money,enjoy life, have sex, have kids, eat good food etc etc.
the west's duplicity in handling issues is what gives the extremists in islam a chance to interpret the Quran in the way they want to , and sell their ideology to naive young people.
same duplicity didnt result in hindu extremism or jewish extremism against Germany..... why is Islam the 'odd man out' ?

Most people (and this is the reason i slate Islam,not muslims) in the world, regardless of faith,color or age have remarkably similar goals in life- to make money,enjoy life, have sex, have kids, eat good food etc etc.
I suppose that rules out GKD. Having sex and good food are two things he is not intersted in. GKD this ones for you - :bootyshake::bootyshake:

Because not all MUSLIMS follow ISLAM the same hardcore level ? Not ALL muslims interpret the Quoran LITERALLY or know most of the Koran ?Because many muslims today have an agenda to prove their faith and themselves to be peaceful and thus disregard/ignore Koran's calls for Jihads?
Do you realize that you are actually towing the same line as i am doing in this when you not all muslims follow the Quran to heart and are peace-loving in nature ? Is this any co-incidence that most of these peace -loving muslims are from India , Turkey , Saudi Arabia or Indonesia , where the US has till now , kept its feet away by not muddling into its affairs. The places where the muslims are violent -- Iraq , Afghanistan or Palestine are the ones where the west has had direct role to play. It is the west's abuse of power in these places that give the fundementalist elements the chance to indoctrinate young minds with poison. When your house is burnt , your parents killed , and sisters are raped , you dont stand back and watch do you ? That is what is happening in the middle east. There is a vicious circle of violence there and nobody has a clue how to stop it.

Underling theme is historical well now inaccraces of historical text can be put forward while contesting anything. Other than that general glitch with the history-writing the main theme of novel is as historical as any other piece of erstwhile history.
Sure, underlying theme of countless Hollywood/Bollywood movies is also historical. Suppose they also qualify as historical facts in your books?

Do you realize that you are actually towing the same line as i am doing in this when you not all muslims follow the Quran to heart and are peace-loving in nature ?
Are we ? Well if we are, i am sorry. But i thought you were towing the line of Islamic violence is for some 'justifiable' reason or that Islam is not a prob...I am of the mind that Islam IS the biggest problem humanity has known...but not all muslims are really Islamic, so not all muslims are the prob. And i disagree utterly that muslims in India, Saudi, Indonesia etc. arnt violent..they too have a significant extremist presence amongst themselves...the violent muslims in Saudi are the 'foreign fighters' you find in Kashmir or Chechnya! And you know i am in the side of palestinians over Israelis in their lil conflict but that is not because of any islam-related angle...but i cannot excuse islam either for being inherently extremist in its core.

So what causes these muslims to "Islamic" and violent then ? Answer that.
I dunno the answer...that'd require me to understand the inner workings of everyone's mind..i am not God...but i can safely say is whatever is the reason it causes some muslims to be more 'islamic' and violent is the same reason that causes people like 2nd Pandu-puttar/Gangoo_rocks to be fa more rabid muslim hater than normal hindus. Its the same concept- extremism is there everywhere...only diff is, none of our prophet married kids...or went aroung waging war...so when fundie hindus get mad, they talk bakwaas...but when fundie muslims get mad..they blow stuff up...its the precedence set by their prophet..their prophet excelled in killing people at the swordpoint...our prophets/gurus excelled in arguing the hell outta everyone...that is reflective in both societies too.

I dunno the answer...that'd require me to understand the inner workings of everyone's mind..i am not God...but i can safely say is whatever is the reason it causes some muslims to be more 'islamic' and violent is the same reason that causes people like 2nd Pandu-puttar/Gangoo_rocks to be fa more rabid muslim hater than normal hindus. Its the same concept- extremism is there everywhere...only diff is, none of our prophet married kids...or went aroung waging war...so when fundie hindus get mad, they talk bakwaas...but when fundie muslims get mad..they blow stuff up...its the precedence set by their prophet..their prophet excelled in killing people at the swordpoint...our prophets/gurus excelled in arguing the hell outta everyone...that is reflective in both societies too.
I sense you are trying to hide behind the veil of " Oh well , their prophet is bad guy in himself.. Thats the root of the whole problem".. I can buy that arguement to an extent , but not for everything ! And ofcourse you know the answer for that , just that saying it aloud would literally mean this discussion is almost dead. And in case you need a refresher , let me list a couple of reasons why these otherwise peaceful muslims have turned islamic ** when a foreign country invades your country , blows it to bits and kills 1,00,000 people in an invasion in the pretext for democracy. ** when the same foreign country blindly supports its over-agressive ally who constantly incurs into sovereign land of the neighbouring state , bulldozing homes and killing people. ** When that same nation , bombs a marraige reception party into bits, saying they were targetting the Taleban ** When that country opens a free-for-all no holds barred prison in cuban land , totally out of intnl jurisdiction , holds people there without charges for many years and subject them to abuse of every kind. Are these reasons enough or do you want more ?

I sense you are trying to hide behind the veil of " Oh well , their prophet is bad guy in himself.. Thats the root of the whole problem".. I can buy that arguement to an extent , but not for everything !
Thats not a viel...thats FACT! Its a logical extrapolation and evident by PROOF of muslim extremism vs hindu extremism that extrimists who interpret everything literally talk/do like their prophets did. Hence you have Osama 'Mohammed' Bin Laden and Dada 'dharm-yuddh' Rocks.
** when a foreign country invades your country , blows it to bits and kills 1,00,000 people in an invasion in the pretext for democracy.
This doesnt explain muslim fanaticism in Chechnya, Kashmir, Thailand, Indonesia. Islamic extremism is not just in response of Israeli Zionism or American imperialism- it is affecting India, Thailand, Indonesia etc- NONE of which have anything to do with the so-called 'American' angle. And what America is doing is wrong-but its doing it AFTER islamic extremism started..it didnt consign anyone to Guantanamo before 9/11 or USS Cole...so using this to say Islamic extremism is because of Yankee inhumanity is putting the cart before the horse.

Thats not a viel...thats FACT! Its a logical extrapolation and evident by PROOF of muslim extremism vs hindu extremism that extrimists who interpret everything literally talk/do like their prophets did. Hence you have Osama 'Mohammed' Bin Laden and Dada 'dharm-yuddh' Rocks. This doesnt explain muslim fanaticism in Chechnya, Kashmir, Thailand, Indonesia. Islamic extremism is not just in response of Israeli Zionism or American imperialism- it is affecting India, Thailand, Indonesia etc- NONE of which have anything to do with the so-called 'American' angle. And what America is doing is wrong-but its doing it AFTER islamic extremism started..it didnt consign anyone to Guantanamo before 9/11 or USS Cole...so using this to say Islamic extremism is because of Yankee inhumanity is putting the cart before the horse.
Not to mention Nigeria and Sudan! This is nothing to do with the west!

These people need to get a life.
Lets see...Sex ? NOPE...DENIED....Booze ? NOPE..>DENIED. Some ganja ? HELL NO! DENIED ! aww..fine...can i have some music ? NOPE ! DENIED! What about sculpting ? NO DENIED ! Stage-craft ? NOPE ! DENIED ! So...these poor souls can't GET a life even if they WANTED to !

Not to mention Nigeria and Sudan! This is nothing to do with the west!
I dunno if i posted it here or someone else did..but few months ago...a buddhist ice-cream seller got decapitated in Thailand by muslim fanatics... WTF is the 'western threat/evil opression/yadda yadda' nonsense gotto do with a freaking KULFI-WALLAH ? Fack..is there anything more benevolent than a buddhist KULFI-WALAH ? I dont think the west or fanatic hindus or jews have ever decapitated a mohammedan kulfi-wallah in the middle of the street! But hey...that is Islam...Godless kaffir, so justified. Says so in the Koran itself.

I suppose that rules out GKD. Having sex and good food are two things he is not intersted in. GKD this ones for you - :bootyshake::bootyshake:
Where did you get the "not interested in sex" part? I am interested plus getting it regularly from a fit woman (no not a cow). Sounds like you are very interested in sex but not getting it hence bacha walla statements against me:hysterical: Lurker this one is for you ---> :joyman: Samaj gaya na? :tounge_smile:

Guest dada_rocks

BTW Salma Rushdie's book satanic verses vilified hindu god and goddess Ram and Sita too, look at page 539. Language used is little too bold so I will pass. Point to note hindus don't care and this indifference I guess comes from strong belief:thumbs_up: