Congratulations England!

nospam

2-2 plz. :pray: Sehwag,Gambo and Zak to be back:pray: :pray: :pray: Dhoni has not lost a test series. :((
No way India is going to win both the tests. England will somehow manage to hold on for a draw in one...that is assuming that we regroup and play like we have before this series.

With great bitterness, congrats to England. I doubted their bowling before, but not now. The English bowling attack is the best out their currently, especially considering Swann has even played any major role. As for India, it was a false hope concerning our Bowling line-up and the younger batsman coming through. After watching the last two Tests, India's bowling attack is worse than South Africa, Pakistan, and Australia. It's a testament to our aging Batsmen we maintained no.1 status for 18 months. With all the "excuses" of regarding lack of preparation, attitude, schedule, injuries, the bottom line is our bowling attack is pi$$ poor. Without an Indian Steyn we are toothless. It was embarrassing seeing our bowlers smashed around in two consecutive tests matches. All I can say is onus on BCCI, coaches, and selectors to find that elusive one or two quick strike bowler or else continue being the has beens. To be honest, it makes me cringe when commies say "India don't have the bowling attack..." because I know it's true. Oh well bring on the Aussies now.

Congratulations England on a well deserved win. I do not think that a side with Zak,Sehwag and Gambhir would have made much difference. Take-aways : 1) Time for Bhajji to go now.Get a wrist spinner. 2) Mukund has to get back to the drawing board and work out his techniques. 3) Replacements for Zak have to be found (no short term solution in sight..This the biggest problem) 4) Praveen has to be retained on pitches favoring swing.He bowled much better than Ishant and Sree and is consistent.We know what we are getting from him 5) Rohit Sharma - has to be included in the side.He has class.UV and Raina are not test quality. 6) With Dhoni, its a confidence problem right now.No need to change him as many people have been clamoring.

Congratulations England on a well deserved win. I do not think that a side with Zak,Sehwag and Gambhir would have made much difference. Take-aways : 1) Time for Bhajji to go now.Get a wrist spinner. 2) Mukund has to get back to the drawing board and work out his techniques. 3) Replacements for Zak have to be found (no short term solution in sight..This the biggest problem) 4) Praveen has to be retained on pitches favoring swing.He bowled much better than Ishant and Sree and is consistent.We know what we are getting from him 5) Rohit Sharma - has to be included in the side.He has class.UV and Raina are not test quality. 6) With Dhoni, its a confidence problem right now.No need to change him as many people have been clamoring.
" Replacements for Zak have to be found (no short term solution in sight..This the biggest problem)" This is the big big elephant in the room, even during Zaheer's time, we never had bowler who could take the new ball and skittle the lower order with 90mph deliveries. We all know this, threads are always created regarding this, opposition fans, commies, and experts always point this out and yet we have no one remotely close. Considering BCCI riches, the success of Chennai MRF Pace foundation, the success of the Indian cricket team it's unbelievable our lack of producing that one fast bowler with sub-25 average.

India totally outplayed Honestly England has outplayed India in all departments. At times it sounded like England is facing off Bangladesh and not India. India has had its little moments of glory but out of 9 days of cricket India has had just about 2 sessions which threatned England otherwise it has been all England. England has planeyd fantastic cricket and are a way better team than the current Indian unit. Probably Sehwag, Gambhir and Zak would have made the series much closer but I'd say England still would have beaten India in both the test matches no matter what. All good things must come to end and perhaps it's time for India to develop some of the current ODI players into good reliable test match players. Sooner or later about 3-4 players will retire. Definitely time to develop some decent cricketers by giving them long rope. Strangely SL have been a better unit particularly with the bat and under even more trying conditions. I can't quite believe India's batting has been exposed this badly. Anyways like I said above, all good things must come to end at some point in time and no shame in accepting England at home is way ahead of Indians.

Honestly England has outplayed India in all departments. At times it sounded like England is facing off Bangladesh and not India. India has had its little moments of glory but out of 9 days of cricket India has had just about 2 sessions which threatned England otherwise it has been all England. England has planeyd fantastic cricket and are a way better team than the current Indian unit. Probably Sehwag, Gambhir and Zak would have made the series much closer but I'd say England still would have beaten India in both the test matches no matter what. All good things must come to end and perhaps it's time for India to develop some of the current ODI players into good reliable test match players. Sooner or later about 3-4 players will retire. Definitely time to develop some decent cricketers by giving them long rope. Strangely SL have been a better unit particularly with the bat and under even more trying conditions. I can't quite believe India's batting has been exposed this badly. Anyways like I said above, all good things must come to end at some point in time and no shame in accepting England at home is way ahead of Indians.
Every team should loose some time man. Its India's turn now, rather meekly of course. This will do good for the team, a wakeup call to develop resources for future. But i see gloomy period for Ind, at least for next 5-6yrs. SA and Eng are in tremendous rise. Aus coming very strongly in this year, they are warming up with SL and Bang. We need to battle with others to stick around 4th position (For the championship in 2013). With big 3 retiring and many of the younger players not having played tests/first class regularly will hurt us. Wonder this IPL has really killed the test appetite and skill in India.

Absolutely Ravi. Like some one said "Failing to prepare" is essentially "Preparing to fail". Nasser hit the nail on the head. The team that cared about its test status won it handsomely. Indian players came off a long IPL stint, undercooked, short of match practice and fitness, hoping that everything will be alright. Its that typical lackadaisical desi attitude - "Lets worry about the exam the night before yaar!" The players who have done well on this tour (Dravid, Laxman, Ishant, Pk etc) are the ones who struck some form in WI. Too bad, IPL did not let many of our heros play in WI. A million dollars is too much to give up for the #1 test ranking. England players, OTOH, look supremely fit and hungry. Bresnan (a replacement) is threatening to push Tremlett out of the XI for next test. Except for Cook (who till this series has scored in plenty) there is no weak link in the English team. You could tell how good a team is by the fight shown by its tail. Broad averages more than Mukund, in his career! India did not even show the fight SL showed in England. Infact, if not for that one collapse (when they got bowled out for 80 odd) SL had a respectable tour of England. Our batsmen are yet to cross 300, in spite of Dravid scoring two tons. Come third test, with a full strength team back in place, there will be absolutely no excuses left for this team to not perform. Lets see if we are good enough!

Absolutely Ravi. Like some one said "Failing to prepare" is essentially "Preparing to fail". Nasser hit the nail on the head. The team that cared about its test status won it handsomely. Indian players came off a long IPL stint, undercooked, short of match practice and fitness, hoping that everything will be alright. Its that typical lackadaisical desi attitude - "Lets worry about the exam the night before yaar!" The players who have done well on this tour (Dravid, Laxman, Ishant, Pk etc) are the ones who struck some form in WI. Too bad, IPL did not let many of our heros play in WI. A million dollars is too much to give up for the #1 test ranking. England players, OTOH, look supremely fit and hungry. Bresnan (a replacement) is threatening to push Tremlett out of the XI for next test. Except for Cook (who till this series has scored in plenty) there is no weak link in the English team. You could tell how good a team is by the fight shown by its tail. Broad averages more than Mukund, in his career! India did not even show the fight SL showed in England. Infact, if not for that one collapse (when they got bowled out for 80 odd) SL had a respectable tour of England. Our batsmen are yet to cross 300, in spite of Dravid scoring two tons. Come third test, with a full strength team back in place, there will be absolutely no excuses left for this team to not perform. Lets see if we are good enough!
I'm afraid it might be too late. The emotional scar from the walloping India took in the first 2 tests (unlike I have seen in recent times) might have done permanent damage. Also it is not like the players missed will come in with a lot of match practice under their belts.

I think this Test fiasco is a watershed moment in the ongoing debate about the IPL and its ramifications on our Test performances. Yes, England outplayed us, but India didn't play to its potential either. Even though England outclassed us in all departments, it's not to say that we couldn't have at least staged a fightback to lose with gumption instead of surrendering so meekly. I don't mean to divert from the main topic here, but most, if not all our injury issues that have handicapped us, can be directly traced back to the IPL. It's akin to a malignant tumour that's affecting all bodily functions. Instead of being a tournament for emerging players and tapping raw talent, which such series are actually supposed to be, it's become a cash cow even for our Test players and the BCCI. So you have highly crucial players like Sehwag and Zaheer having totally skewed priorities and choosing the IPL over the need of the hour, which is to take some time off, get 100% fit, and undergo any surgery that's required. Many of our senior players were 'rested' during the WI series. I think that was a huge mistake too. Dravid for one played in WI and regained his form, and he's carried that over to England. The other seniors should have taken their due rest during the IPL and concentrated on playing in WI so that they would've at least been in 'playing condition' rather than thawing off in England. I think England players would be secretly pleased they were overlooked during those IPL auctions. The efforts they have put in to win this series is very telling and a reflection of how hungry they are for this.