Trent Bridge Test, 2011 : Day by day prediction and discussion

zen

Trent Bridge Test, 2011 : Day by day prediction and discussion  

1. 1.

• India
    • England

i just want to know what is wrong with the English media.If you see' date='when India got the World No 1 ranking for the first time after beating Srilanka,no one congratulated India and Ian Chappell along with his girlfriend Sanju Manju was the first to criticise India telling that they must win in Aus or SA to prove their no 1 ranking.So when India attains No 1 ranking,it is time to prove,when others attain it it is time to bloat.[/quote'] I remember reading an interview of Wasin Akram long back. When asked about reverse swing and how he used to feel when he was accused of ball-tampering, he said : "Ye sab goron ki double standards hai,wo kare to reverse swing,hum kare to ball-tampering". When India attained the number 1 ranking, then everyone used to say that rankings are immaterial but now everyone is craving to be number 1!! And some of the teams like Engerland,Saffers,SL are self declared number 1s.
When India attained the number 1 ranking' date=' then everyone used to say that rankings are immaterial but now everyone is craving to be number 1!![/quote'] +1. Whatever happened to England cricket's (and most of their commentators') disdain for world rankings? :cantstop: All of a sudden being #1 in Tests seems to be the be all and end all of cricket for them. Hypocrites.
+1. Whatever happened to England cricket's (and most of their commentators') disdain for world rankings? :cantstop: All of a sudden being #1 in Tests seems to be the be all and end all of cricket for them. Hypocrites.
Most of our media also has to blame.Headlines today tv channel interviewed angus fraser and asked whether India deserved no 1 ranking.We need an outsider to justify our ranking.What was more shocking was that News X channel after india world cup win questioned boycott whether India is the best team in ODIs......
Most of our media also has to blame.Headlines today tv channel interviewed angus fraser and asked whether India deserved no 1 ranking.We need an outsider to justify our ranking.What was more shocking was that News X channel after india world cup win questioned boycott whether India is the best team in ODIs......
There's no question of anyone deserving to be number 1 or not. If you have a ranking system in place,then its for everyone and everyone has to follow suit. If someone has attained #1 ranking,then its through that very system. So, there's no question of deserving #1.
i just want to know what is wrong with the English media.If you see' date='when India got the World No 1 ranking for the first time after beating Srilanka,no one congratulated India and [b']Ian Chappell along with his girlfriend Sanju Manju was the first to criticise India telling that they must win in Aus or SA to prove their no 1 ranking.So when India attains No 1 ranking,it is time to prove,when others attain it it is time to bloat.
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:
No.If the pitch has some bounce or juice in it' date='I would like to see India bowl first because it will be the perfect opportunity for the Indian pacers to make use of the conditions.Also you need to allow players like Yuvraj some time on the field to get used to the test match atmosphere because he is playing for the first time in a test match since the Sri Lanka series.[/quote'] You are right, to win the toss at Trent Bridge can give you an advantage. So far Dhoni has been better at the toss you are 1-0 up there:haha:
That's what I have been trying to convey as well. He gets an unnecessarily high number of responses.
I get the responses I get because I am not an Indian or a fan of India. I only support my own Team England, I have respect for other teams though. Now answer the topic. Do you think your team have the greater ability to exploit the conditions?
Even so we need to behave like we are the fans of #1 team not #8. Whatever Nassi or IB says who cares. I think people are trying to defend this team and that is a joke. Team india now does not need this type of defending. We have worlds finest cricketers playing for us at this moment. It is unfortunate that we have far too many players down because of injuries but that need not be an excuse us being #1. I see this english side best english side in last 10-15 years. Even SA are equally good with Kallis, Amla, Smith, ABD, JPD and so on. So is Indian team. It will be a while for ENG to take over Indians. For that they need to beat us and continue winning the games ahead. Until then lets enjoy tomorrow's game.
Good post, but will your lot exploit the conditions better and if so why?
I get the responses I get because I am not an Indian or a fan of India. I only support my own Team England, I have respect for other teams though. Now answer the topic. Do you think your team have the greater ability to exploit the conditions?
We all support our respective teams sir. And we also respect the other teams as well. But when you try and give answers to everything that is being said, you start sounding like a troll. Now, as per the topic, yes I believe we have the wherewithal to exploit the conditions. I would not say that we have the greater ability because of the absence of Zak, but we are almost equal. The 1st test loss was pretty bad for us but it does not mean we can't exploit here.
We all support our respective teams sir. And we also respect the other teams as well. But when you try and give answers to everything that is being said, you start sounding like a troll. Now, as per the topic, yes I believe we have the wherewithal to exploit the conditions. I would not say that we have the greater ability because of the absence of Zak, but we are almost equal. The 1st test loss was pretty bad for us but it does not mean we can't exploit here.
I would challenge you that even with Zak in, you would still be out bowled by England, notice I said outbowled. Reasons, well firstly this is Broad's home ground and second Jimmy has an amazing record here. Why, well his ability to swing it both ways at will (I also think Zak would have too), but also he is the reconised master of the green top by many profession cricketers. I also think that your lesser bowlers are not as versed in UK conditions and so without Zak they will struggle

I want India to bat. Put a decent total on board. If they have the likes of Dravid, Sachin, Laxman, Gambhir they should bloody well show what they got, make some runs and give their bowlers the advantage of putting pressure on English batsmen. I want India to get into the aggressive frame of mind in this test.

I also think that your lesser bowlers are not as versed in UK conditions and so without Zak they will struggle
Yeah, that's true. Most of the bowlers are inexperienced and never played in England before. It takes time to adjust according to situation. We saw Ishant's bowling in first inning. He bowled same way as he did in WI. That's why he didn't bowl well in first inning. That's where experience comes into the play. Well, no one can gain experience in one day, but this is where coach and senior players should play their part. They may not be bowlers, but they can advise them about the situations which will help them. Hope that they do well this time. Anyways, we will see what happens in this match. When you say that Broad and Jimmy have good records here, then don't forget that Indian batsmen have also done better than on other grounds.