Trent Bridge Test, 2011 : Day by day prediction and discussion

zen

Trent Bridge Test, 2011 : Day by day prediction and discussion  

1. 1.

• India
    • England

I am just hoping our mediocre test players like Yuvi and Dhoni play positively ala Broad.We will be needing their batting in this innings and I hope they play attacking cricket.Hanging around there wont help them getting anything on this pitch.Otthers have to just bat normally.

Dravid and VVS have done a mighty fine job seeing out today. Could have been a domino scenario if either had fallen. As it is, hopefully the cloud gods are kind to us and 2, 3 and 4 can bat most of tomorrow. The guys after that are unpredictable. Anyone know Swanny's status?

We should aim to play it like we did in 2007. We bowled them out for 190' date=' got a big score and then knocked them over again. It won't be easy though.[/quote'] No! You dont say? I thought your plan would be to give your wickets away cheaply and then win it in a great second innings last man stand:haha:
We should aim to play it like we did in 2007. We bowled them out for 190' date=' got a big score and then knocked them over again. It won't be easy though.[/quote'] In 2007, all top 6 batsman contributed in their own way. Such collective team effort generally doesn't happen in bowling tracks. England's bowling was not good back then. But you're right. India should try to play like that. I mentioned it in some other thread that no matter how runs come, this is the place everyone has to chip in something. At least 20-30 runs from each player.
Guest Gunner
This shows why I didn't have too much confidence in the likes of Mukund :P
His inexperience came through, that's it. Yuvi would have been slaughtered if he had opened.
Guest Gunner
I think you are dreaming on that wicket
No. The Indian batsmen have better technique to deal with this and not having tremlett is a massive blow to England. You will see as the match progresses.