Will you enter politics under Congress party banner?

Vijay.Sharma

Will you enter politics under Congress party banner?  

1. 1.

• Yes
    • No

I'll vote for any party other than Congress. Heck I'll vote for even Congress if it becomes more democratic (instead of a family ruling it). Yes, I'll vote for a Gandhi-less congress. I'll vote for a Congress which selects a democratically elected leader (like PV Narsimha Rao). For BJP too I don't like it being dictated by RSS or VHP. If it keeps it's democratically elected structure, I'll support it as a viable option to a Gandhi dictated (MMS Masked) Congress..

I agree with vaibhav. Only the educated and land/property owners should be afforded voting rights. The illiterate and the ignorant masses have no right to fvck this once beautiful country of ours. Even USA had graduated voting rights in the early goings after independence. I mean lets face if a person can't read or write, how the fvck can he be given a responsibility to elect the better candidate? The Illiterate and the poor are like stray dogs. So it is the job of the fortunate ones to look after the land until these stray dogs can be taught to act accordingly if they want to be domesticated. And don't think I am being unfair sitting behind this computer screen towards the poor. I'm all for compassion towards the poor. Just don't tell me a vote by a guy, who hasn't washed his ass in 10 years, is worth the same as my vote.

:listen:Most of us dont vote. Ask the rickshaw walas and coolies. They will analyse politics better than us.
Sure they may know the politics better than us. But do they understand the issues? And isn't that the question we should be asking anyways. I don't think a rickshaw wala would understand how harmful these NREGA schemes really are in the long run. I don't vote either. Thats because I understand, in the grand scheme of things, my vote is worthless. Politics is an exclusive club where politicians take turns raping this country. Elections are just for the audiences' (us) consumption. So whether you vote for @sshole A or Cvnt B, it don't really matter. Now give me a candidate who believes in problem solving and not political grandstanding, maybe I'll think about going to the polling booth. But when was the last time India had a candidate of such mettle?

Lots of people in villages and towns vote for congress party, because their fathers, grand fathers etc voted for congress in the past. And what's more idiotic is that they are proud of doing so and publicly boast about it!! The so-called Gandhis are a shame to nation, but I guess we don't deserve any better

This I don't agree sir. Everyone who is not in favor of congress is not necessarily conservative. I am about centre-left on the European compass and deep left from an American perspective but I can't identify myself with the Congress. The BJP is a choice out of a lack of viable alternative' date=' it doesn't mean that I want to go break mosques and build temples there. I suspect there are many educated Indians who fall under this category, they are liberals but don't like the congress. Today I am even willing to vote communist rather than Congress. In fact considering the number of educated leaders they have I might very well vote communist in 2014.[/quote'] Well lets not start with Communists now, they are akin to the Tea Party of United States, holding an entire nation ransome just to grind their political ideology. And you only have to look their contribution to India, ranging from disaster that became West Bengal (bear in mind Calcutta was once the jewel of the nation) to everything that has Naxalism written all over it. I do understand that just because somebody does not support Congress does not they support BJP. It was a general statement and geared more towards those who do support BJP, which you will have to accept is a genuine reason. I mean more people would oppose Congress to support BJP than Communists(like yourself). In fact you may very well be the only supporter of Communists on this board :giggle:

I agree with vaibhav. Only the educated and land/property owners should be afforded voting rights. The illiterate and the ignorant masses have no right to fvck this once beautiful country of ours. Even USA had graduated voting rights in the early goings after independence. I mean lets face if a person can't read or write, how the fvck can he be given a responsibility to elect the better candidate? The Illiterate and the poor are like stray dogs. So it is the job of the fortunate ones to look after the land until these stray dogs can be taught to act accordingly if they want to be domesticated. And don't think I am being unfair sitting behind this computer screen towards the poor. I'm all for compassion towards the poor. Just don't tell me a vote by a guy, who hasn't washed his ass in 10 years, is worth the same as my vote.
Are you serious ? Or Is my sense of humour that far gone?

How I wish Atalji was 15 years younger. He was the single reason they had successful coalition, he was true leader, unlike MMS. Lot of his ministers never questioned ABVP. He lead a tight ship. Biggest tradegy for India that Atalji become PM very late in this political career.

Isn't this true for any political party in India, and possibly the world today? Call it lack of great leaders around the world, Nehru for instance, but which political party in India has the clout to throw a leader of any stature? BJP? Kidding me? Their blue-eyed boy Narendra Modi was completely ignored by Nitish Kumar who openly stated Modi wont campaign in Bihar for the coalition. BJP ate the humble pie, bowed infront of Nitish and Nitish Kumar swept the election.
Now you are romanticizing the issue. Everything was always pure gold back in the day. There is no need for a party to throw up a leader with a national clout. Ours is not a presidential democracy...ours is a parliamentarian democracy. So while the PM may be the top job it is not a popularity contest that the media (especially indian english media) has been turning it into during the new century. Not even Nehru and Indira Gandhi had any great clout in the south even at their peaks. Sardar Patel had some strong support in the south because he was instrumental in unifying the princely states (Hyderabad, Mysore, etc).
I personally do not like this growth of Karunanidhi' date=' Jayalalitha, Mulayam, Prafulla Mahanta, Lalloo etc but they are realities of life today. In a weird way it is akin to growth of regional and linguistic fanatism in India but thats the topic for a different day.[/quote']I have reconciled myself to the fact that we will always have regionalism. And I think it is what makes us both strong and weak. The diversity ensures no ism/ogy/ophy monopolizes the nation and in a way forces us to be tolerant of each other. What I don't like is the false divisions, for ex, that aryans and dravidians are two different races of peoples. If that lie wasn't bought in to whole heartedly by the congress, there wouldn't have been the DMK parties (it's a different thing that you would still have Tamil parties which is fine with me). I have accepted that we come with this "baggage" of diversity and that trying to standardize one language/culture in the whole country will do more harm than good. Besides, I'd rather have many political viewpoints and ideologies than artificially limit our polity to just two ideologies like the US. I think such a democracy is a pseudo democracy - pseudo freedom of expression; you are either republican or democratic and no other view is encouraged. That is sad and limiting.

I am surprised you didnt know about this. About 100 plus seats in India are reserved for SC/STs. It is a constitutional law although I am completely at a loss to understand how can Consitution guarantee everyone equality and freedom and then stop somebody from contesting election. This is a key point, for me, in regards to seeing how political parties measure in their philosphy of equality. Congress has always been one to blame for this but BJP has also steered clear of this controversy lest they lose 25% of the seats even before a vote is cast.
Totally no idea about it. I thought reservation was only for education, not even for jobs. I am aware they introduced the 33% reservation for women in parliament though. I just hope they don't say 33% is the max for women, it should mean 33% is the min for women otherwise we will end up with a system which will have 33% women and 67% men (better than shariah but built on the same principle that women are the lower sex).

Hats off to your well disguised trolling. Now can we get serious and leave the trolling for some other time, please...

Well lets not start with Communists now, they are akin to the Tea Party of United States, holding an entire nation ransome just to grind their political ideology. And you only have to look their contribution to India, ranging from disaster that became West Bengal (bear in mind Calcutta was once the jewel of the nation) to everything that has Naxalism written all over it. I do understand that just because somebody does not support Congress does not they support BJP. It was a general statement and geared more towards those who do support BJP, which you will have to accept is a genuine reason. I mean more people would oppose Congress to support BJP than Communists(like yourself). In fact you may very well be the only supporter of Communists on this board :giggle:
In all honesty, I will support the Communists given the t,s,p,c demands it. I'll even support the Congress given the t,s,p,c demands it: an item in the 'c' would be that congress is no longer a slave to nehru family.

How I wish Atalji was 15 years younger. He was the single reason they had successful coalition, he was true leader, unlike MMS. Lot of his ministers never questioned ABVP. He lead a tight ship. Biggest tradegy for India that Atalji become PM very late in this political career.
Biggest tragedy about Atalji for India has been that even his ardent followers never had a clue what Vajpayee stood for. Amongst other things he remains the ONLY leader we have ever produced that spoke to UN in Hindi. Sure that drives a wedge in the hearts of Hindi haters but that, to me, is one of the reasons why I still have not given up on BJP. They(BJP) remain the only political party who have remained supportive of the most widely spoken language of the country, as can be witnessed by many of the leading lights who pursue most of their interviews and public address in the language. xxx