Barclays Premier League 2011-12

Sachin=GOD

So is every other footballer then. Even Lionell Messi who wont be spared. Messi has not dived that much, i noticed he did a fairly blatant dive recently. I would not quite put him in Rooney's category yet but if he keeps diving then yes i would. Result of Half Baked knowledge. Lame to call every United fan as a Glory Hunter, We are not even the best team in Europe now. :hysterical: Haha. Being a glory hunter does not mean you switch teams every time someone better comes along. Curse every new fan who falls in love with the phenomenon in world football that is îanchester United or simply cut him to see if he bleeds red, because itÃÔ just too easy to be a Red Devil than being a real fan. That is the way hatred for Manchester United is justified by itÃÔ closest rivals, simply jealous fallen giants Ã*iverpool? an absolutely stubborn and ignorant ârsenal and an impatient and trigger happy ähelsea? So is it really ÃÕoo easy to jump onto the Man United bandwagon as a football fan or are there real valid reasons behind the popularity of the Manchester giants? So, that brings me to the part where we start separating the facts from the fiction fueled by negative emotions. I am sure itÃÔ not too hard to understand that not every Manchester United supporter was born in 1878, when the club was called ïewton Heath and Lancashire Yorkshire Railway Football Club? so saying that most fans donÃÕ know about the clubÃÔ history, hence that donÃÕ make ÃÆm real fans is not justified. I am sure most of ChelseaÃÔ fans are of the Roman Abramovich s äash from Russia with love era. And if clubs would put out a statement that øe wonÃÕ accept fans who are of the 21st century then probably all their supporters would be Bobby CharltonÃÔ age by now or simply dead. îanchester United simply bankrolls itÃÔ way to glory Not true, at least not anymore. They have a bigger debt problem now and thanks to CityÃÔ unlimited funds, UnitedÃÔ neighbors should be given that tag now albeit with a minor change îanchester City simply bankrolls itÃÔ way to one F.A cup in 33 years isnÃÕ it? You did bankroll your way to glory for a long term but i also agree with your point about Ferguson being one of the greatest managers ever (don't know much about Busby but seems like he was a great manager). îost of the clubÃÔ fans are glory hunters! Personally I would say, äome on people, who doesnÃÕ like to win or like to associate themselves with winners or have a desire to win, unless of course you are a stubborn frenchman called Arsene Wenger and you already consider the exceptionally gifted kids in your team as champions at pre-season and by the end of it you realize you are back where you started or worse? But itÃÔ not Manchester UnitedÃÔ fault is it if they are the most successful team domestically in the Premier League era. ôir Alex Ferguson is an arrogant Scot! Really? As far as I can tell heÃÔ the best manager at club level, that there probably was, is and will be, barring Sir Matt Busby, who had to build a team from a dot not even a scratch after the Munich disaster. Rival fans, even your managers rate him as the best ever. I guess you donÃÕ go around winning 37 trophies in 25 years with one club in the current era anymore, where trigger happy Chelsea shoots down a world class manager each season and bought one recently at the transfer price of 15 million pounds, 4 million more than what they paid for their legend midfielder Frank LampardÃÔ services. Off the pitch Manchester United was the first to break the boundaries of its own city. James Gibson, the then owner of the club in 1935, persuaded the railways which operated express trains from Central Station out to Liverpool on a line passing right behind Old Trafford to run special Match-day trains and put a halt station near the ground. Soon fans of Manchester United started coming from all over England. I agree, part of the reason you attract many glory hunters is because of people like Gibson and your superb marketing strategy. The idea of being a Manchester United supporter from beyond the city confines was first introduced by this simple and effective marketing strategy. Just a basic lesson in îarketability to our most ardent haters Liverpool, undoubtedly the other most successful English club with 18 league titles. So just complaining that most Manchester United supporters not even real Manchester people doesnÃÕ make them any less a fan than a beer guzzling scouser at the infamous ìop End? Personally i strongly disagree. If you are from the City where your club is based and attend the games i think you will generally have a greater passion for that club. Lastly, the true reason behind Manchester United gaining itÃÔ initial popularity is also a very sad reason. The players who died in the Munich tragedy ironically brought a lot of sympathy and interest in equal amounts. But yes, the truth is that the club rose from the ashes where they should have just shut down and fought to gain a spot in the F.A Cup final of 1958 with a makeshift squad with Charlton at itÃÔ helm only to lose, but Manchester United is what Manchester United made of itself. Yes this is a good point. Unfortunately this has been acknowledged by Man City fans who refer to United fans as "Munichs" (which i think is disgraceful). Being a supporter of a club doesnÃÕ mean you have to know itÃÔ history before you even like how they play. Having a winning mentality doesnÃÕ mean you are a glory hunter and yes, winners have as many followers as they have haters. Personally I love the way Arsenal play, I mean they try so hard to play tiki-taka football, but a friendly suggestion Have a plan B and C Arsene. Sir Alex Ferguson the most hated and loved figure in equal elan in football wouldnÃÕ have been where he is if the Man United board would have sacked him after his first few failures and hadnÃÕ won the first of his 37 trophies, the F.A. Cup in 1990. Manchester United have gone on to win 19 league titles and their fiercest rivals Liverpool and their fans have kept cursing them for 21 years since 1990, when they won their last league title. So rivals, put some logic behind the negative reasons you associate with a Man United supporter and understand a simple fact Manchester United is what Manchester United made of.
Totally agree, love him or hate him he is a brilliant manager. You argue your case very well Andy but we will always disagree on some fundamentals.

Messi has not dived that much, i noticed he did a fairly blatant dive recently. I would not quite put him in Rooney's category yet but if he keeps diving then yes i would.
I can bring In Videos just like you have brought in a Rooney Video, In fact I can bring in Diving Videos of almost anyother Footballer who is popular and has caused problems for their Rivals, doesnt prove a shyte.
Result of Half Baked knowledge. Lame to call every United fan as a Glory Hunter' date=' We are not even the best team in Europe now.[/quote'] Haha. Being a glory hunter does not mean you switch teams every time someone better comes along.
Should have been a Arsenal or Chelsea Supporter If I were a Glory Hunter, Your argument of calling everyother United fan as Glory Hunter is plain Stupid. 1> You are jealous of United winning more than Arsenal 2> You are Blindfolded.
You did bankroll your way to glory for a long term but i also agree with your point about Ferguson being one of the greatest managers ever (don't know much about Busby but seems like he was a great manager).
Ok , I am not much aware of the transfer policy in the 90s, But ever since I started following premiership all Money went to Chelsea and the Glories too. Infact even Arsenal did better than United at that time. IIRC we finished 3rd in 2004-05 season. In the transfer window Chelsea and City have spent a lot more than us, Yes we have spent more than Arsenal no doubt on that, But calling us Bankrolling our way to Glory is OTT. We produced results with Youngsters, rather than Superstars of the Game. And this Opinion is solely based on the period I have followed United.
I agree, part of the reason you attract many glory hunters is because of people like Gibson and your superb marketing strategy. Personally i strongly disagree. If you are from the City where your club is based and attend the games i think you will generally have a greater passion for that club.
Not possible If you are an Indian, none beats European Football. Yes I do support My City's club, But European Football is completely different. Currently every other person irrespective of the fact he understands football or doesnt supports Barcelona, such has been their dominance. Yes of course United has more Glory Hunting fans than Arsenal or Liverpool. But the most number of Fans? Lets agree to disagree on that. Even Arsenal has more world wide support than Newcastle, so A Newcastle fan should be calling gunners as Glory hunters too?
You argue your case very well Andy but we will always disagree on some fundamentals.
That makes you a Rival Fan :--D One humble request If you can quote properly, will help me to reply to your posts.

I can bring In Videos just like you have brought in a Rooney Video, In fact I can bring in Diving Videos of almost anyother Footballer who is popular and has caused problems for their Rivals, doesnt prove a shyte. Haha. Being a glory hunter does not mean you switch teams every time someone better comes along.
Should have been a Arsenal or Chelsea Supporter If I were a Glory Hunter, Your argument of calling everyother United fan as Glory Hunter is plain Stupid. 1> You are jealous of United winning more than Arsenal 2> You are Blindfolded. Ok , I am not much aware of the transfer policy in the 90s, But ever since I started following premiership all Money went to Chelsea and the Glories too. Infact even Arsenal did better than United at that time. IIRC we finished 3rd in 2004-05 season. In the transfer window Chelsea and City have spent a lot more than us, Yes we have spent more than Arsenal no doubt on that, But calling us Bankrolling our way to Glory is OTT. We produced results with Youngsters, rather than Superstars of the Game. And this Opinion is solely based on the period I have followed United. Not possible If you are an Indian, none beats European Football. Yes I do support My City's club, But European Football is completely different. Currently every other person irrespective of the fact he understands football or doesnt supports Barcelona, such has been their dominance. Yes of course United has more Glory Hunting fans than Arsenal or Liverpool. But the most number of Fans? Lets agree to disagree on that. Even Arsenal has more world wide support than Newcastle, so A Newcastle fan should be calling gunners as Glory hunters too? That makes you a Rival Fan :--D One humble request If you can quote properly, will help me to reply to your posts.

Should have been a Arsenal or Chelsea Supporter If I were a Glory Hunter, Your argument of calling everyother United fan as Glory Hunter is plain Stupid. 1> You are jealous of United winning more than Arsenal 2> You are Blindfolded. Ok , I am not much aware of the transfer policy in the 90s, But ever since I started following premiership all Money went to Chelsea and the Glories too. Infact even Arsenal did better than United at that time. IIRC we finished 3rd in 2004-05 season. In the transfer window Chelsea and City have spent a lot more than us, Yes we have spent more than Arsenal no doubt on that, But calling us Bankrolling our way to Glory is OTT. We produced results with Youngsters, rather than Superstars of the Game. And this Opinion is solely based on the period I have followed United. Not possible If you are an Indian, none beats European Football. Yes I do support My City's club, But European Football is completely different. Currently every other person irrespective of the fact he understands football or doesnt supports Barcelona, such has been their dominance. Yes of course United has more Glory Hunting fans than Arsenal or Liverpool. But the most number of Fans? Lets agree to disagree on that. Even Arsenal has more world wide support than Newcastle, so A Newcastle fan should be calling gunners as Glory hunters too? That makes you a Rival Fan :--D One humble request If you can quote properly, will help me to reply to your posts.
Sorry i can't work out how to quote how you did so i will make a couple of points. 1. My point about Rooney is that he does dive so if you are gonna be very critical of Suarez (who is a bigger diver) then you have to accept that Rooney has dived in the past on a few occasions. Messi may have done too but i watch La Liga less than i do the Premier League. Either way, i have always been one to condemn Arsenal players when they dived. The only reason the likes of Rooney and Gerrard do not get more exposure for their diving is because the English media would not castigate their national heroes like they would foreign players.
Its not fair to compare Suarez with Rooney, Suarez has just started off in premiership, Rooney has played 8 years of Premiership. Rooney along with many other footballers of this generation may be found Diving many a times, But dont think Rooney would be diving twice or thrice in a match . One simple question who is a bigger Diver? Rooney, Gerard, Messi, Ronaldo or Drogba? I think if I was asked I will first put up the names of Drogba and Ronaldo first. And I am not being biased at all.
2. I love Arsenal more than i hate United. However' date=' i am a United hater. My reasons for this are that i live in London and have a glory hunting Man United sister and cousins. I also went to school with loads of glory hunting fans. There were as many United fans as there were Spurs fans in my school [b'](Arsenal were the most supported team) which i thought was a disgrace.
I didnt get this part. If you can enlighten me on this part to its significance to your point. However I have never denied that United doesnt have Glory hunting fans , Of course they do, But calling all of them Glory Hunter is Unjust . I am an Indian and have been in India all my life. I Have grown up with people who supported Chelsea after Roman bought the club, Arsenal for the beautiful football they played and the results they produced at that time. I must say I started following Club Football from 2003-04, I was just in 9th or 10th standard then. And the Premiership market in India started growing. Almost every boy of our age then started picking up their Clubs. United werent doing well at all and Chesea and Arsenal were doing much better than us then. I was only few who started off following United then and supported them through thick and thin among the people I grew up with. Now its a completely different story Arsenal are Nowhere, Chelsea are quite behind United now and I am called a "Glory Hunter" . Now I feel I should have been a Glory hunter then and better supported Chelsea or Arsenal.
3. Man United mainly brought glory in the 90's when they were the only team who consistently spent a lot of money (Blackburn did for a time). Since Billionaire owners have come into the game' date=' United no longer have that advantage and City will win the league in the next 3 seasons (if not this season). [/quote'] So our views differ as we started following Premiership in different era. Of course no denying that. Having said that I still do as we do not compete with any European Club. European Clubs have followers from all around the world no matter their structure is good or bad.

Dude I like Chelsea but I am neither a glory hunter nor a fanboy. I just like watching aesthetically pleasing football and occasionally riling up a few fanboys. That United attracts the most glory hunters is quite obvious. Many kids go about arguing on behalf of ManU as if their whole life depended on the outcome of that one discussion. I am not saying all MU fans are like that, but have seen many.

Its an Irony it comes from a chelsea fan who started 'Liking' the club after Russian Money. Where were you before Roman came in? Trust me the way you think about United fans, we think the same about Chelsea fans. So its laughable if it comes from you Guys. Liverpool fans and Arsenal Fans still have their ground strong while making that argument. When Chelsea were wining every Title for Chelsea fans everything was dependent on " outcome of that one discussion " . I grew up with Chelsea fan boys , Hence I know.

This is exactly the insecurely defensive attitude I was talking about. I didnt agree to that statement from the PoV of being a Chelsea supporter so dont know where that comes in the first place. No one said all fans of MU are glory hunters, its just that they attract the most because they are the best known FC in the EPL. Its perceived cool to be a jingoistic chest thumping defendant of all things ManU and hence lots of kids latch on to the bandwagon. If chelsea have such fans too, then so be it.

Of course Chelsea have, you think that way because Chelsea are behind United now, few seasons back when they were winning everything It was reverse, tomorrow if City starts dominating PL you'll see the same with their fans. Thats the nature of most number of people, Exactly the case with Barca supporters in India.

Its not fair to compare Suarez with Rooney, Suarez has just started off in premiership, Rooney has played 8 years of Premiership. Rooney along with many other footballers of this generation may be found Diving many a times, But dont think Rooney would be diving twice or thrice in a match . One simple question who is a bigger Diver? Rooney, Gerard, Messi, Ronaldo or Drogba? I think if I was asked I will first put up the names of Drogba and Ronaldo first. And I am not being biased at all. I didnt get this part. If you can enlighten me on this part to its significance to your point. However I have never denied that United doesnt have Glory hunting fans , Of course they do, But calling all of them Glory Hunter is Unjust . I am an Indian and have been in India all my life. I Have grown up with people who supported Chelsea after Roman bought the club, Arsenal for the beautiful football they played and the results they produced at that time. I must say I started following Club Football from 2003-04, I was just in 9th or 10th standard then. And the Premiership market in India started growing. Almost every boy of our age then started picking up their Clubs. United werent doing well at all and Chesea and Arsenal were doing much better than us then. I was only few who started off following United then and supported them through thick and thin among the people I grew up with. Now its a completely different story Arsenal are Nowhere, Chelsea are quite behind United now and I am called a "Glory Hunter" . Now I feel I should have been a Glory hunter then and better supported Chelsea or Arsenal. So our views differ as we started following Premiership in different era. Of course no denying that. Having said that I still do as we do not compete with any European Club. European Clubs have followers from all around the world no matter their structure is good or bad. Of course Glories matter, I do not live in UK so I do not know as much as You do. If glories did not matter we would have seen even Stoke City having as much as fans as Arsenal do or Newcastle. You live in London, that might be the reason you support Arsenal, But Arsenal have a lot of fans in India, sure they wont have supported your club if you were as good as Stoke City. I live in India, In Bengal though there are loads of Premiership fans out here, must say the number of Barca fans can outnumber all the Club fans here. Most of them started supporting Barca after 2005-06 so I should be laughing at them too as I do. So should you. You live in UK so your Views are confined to clubs in UK only, In India given the dominance Barca have here people no matter Understand football or not support Barca. Same was the case with us 3-4 years back I wont deny.
Whether a player dives once or 3 times in a game is irrelevant as far as i am concerned, they are all divers. The part of the last post that you didn't get was to outline why i strongly dislike United. The fact that we started following Prem football at different times and the fact that i live in England and you live in India explains why we are in disagreement over the issue of United having glory hunter fans. BTW did you see Rooney's dive for the 2nd penalty against Otelul Galati :hysterical: Before you say there was some contact think about how you would have reacted if it had been Suarez doing that on Saturday.

Whether a player dives once or 3 times in a game is irrelevant as far as i am concerned, they are all divers.
Then even Messi is a diver, and If Messi is a diver everyone in World Football.
The part of the last post that you didn't get was to outline why i strongly dislike United. The fact that we started following Prem football at different times and the fact that i live in England and you live in India explains why we are in disagreement over the issue of United having glory hunter fans.
So the fact I live in India and support United makes me a Glory Hunter? So what's your take on your Gunner Brothers in India? You have no Idea about Market of Premiership Football in India, almost every club have their fans. European Clubs in India are 10 times popular as Indian clubs. So every European Club that has supporters outside its own country gets termed as Glory hunters?:cantstop:
BTW did you see Rooney's dive for the 2nd penalty against Otelul Galati :hysterical: Before you say there was some contact think about how you would have reacted if it had been Suarez doing that on Saturday.
There was a obvious contact = Penalty Dive + Going down without any contact or going down sometime after the contact was made , which Clearly is play acting that Suarez did all day. If Rooney's penalty was not a Penalty, Nothing is. Wait I am talking to a Biased poster who has already laid down his likes and dislikes about United. Being a hater is fine, but being a Biased poster is of course something else. I thought You might be a Football fan too. I rest my case.

Then even Messi is a diver, and If Messi is a diver everyone in World Football. So the fact I live in India and support United makes me a Glory Hunter? So what's your take on your Gunner Brothers in India? You have no Idea about Market of Premiership Football in India, almost every club have their fans. European Clubs in India are 10 times popular as Indian clubs. So every European Club that has supporters outside its own country gets termed as Glory hunters?:cantstop: There was a obvious contact = Penalty Dive + Going down without any contact or going down sometime after the contact was made , which Clearly is play acting that Suarez did all day. If Rooney's penalty was not a Penalty, Nothing is. Wait I am talking to a Biased poster who has already laid down his likes and dislikes about United. Being a hater is fine, but being a Biased poster is of course something else. I thought You might be a Football fan too. I rest my case.
On the subject of glory hunters i am not gonna argue any further its pointless. I use it against you because when you give it about Arsneal being **** i can call you a glory hunter with good reason, i have explained my reasons in previous posts. Just watched the 2nd penalty again, there was more contact than i thought so it wasn't an outright dive but he went down extremely easily. Had Suarez done that against United would you have said that was a penalty?

On the subject of glory hunters i am not gonna argue any further its pointless. I use it against you because when you give it about Arsneal being **** i can call you a glory hunter with good reason' date= i have explained my reasons in previous posts.
The current Lot is, No disrespect to the past players or the Club. Just like compared to Barca , people think about Man United and other Clubs. I repeat this again : "When I started watching Football or premiership Arsenal and Chelsea were > Man United on then Current form " . Speaks a lot who is a Glory hunter and who is not. I were a Glory hunter if I was a Chelsea or Arsenal supporter then. Or even Real Madrid, Milan, Juventus.

lol which player exactly doesnt dive? Almost every player in football dive and cheat depending on the situation.Its pointless portraying players of your team as angel and players of other teams as diver.Every team has players that dive.Its almost as if its a strategy in coaching.