Sooda

Edgbaston test : Day by day prediction and discussion  

1. 1.

• Praveen Kumar
    • Ishanth Sharma
    • Sreesanth
    • R.P Singh

Guest Gunner
Aye, he has piled the pounds on. Pretty unprofessional, not least for a pace bowler. Manjrekar had a good write up on Kapils commitment to keeping himself fit, and same hold true for Dravid too. Maybe Gunner is right, perhaps Zaheers career is over.
That would be a sad end.
I don't want a champion bowler of India to end his career hobbling off the field. But I really don't see this getting better. A fitness regime which allows him to say his farewells downunder is the most we can get out of his body. What annoys me is that many of the padosis had it down right that he won't last the series. They expected him to break down and he did, that is the one thing I will find it hard to swallow.

Wow, what a bunch of crying babies on this thread. Chris Tremlett has been injured at least twice in the last 7-8 months with hamstring, and back problems. I guess the England team must try to wean themselves off him too right? Hell Anderson missed a test against Lanka, Broad missed most of the ashes, I guess they are all unfit, lazy sportsmen, Onions has been injured for god knows how long etc etc. It's must be tough to be so fickle that only a few months ago when Zaheer was one of our most important players in the entire WC to getting a hamstring strain and being asked to retire. :hysterical:

^^ Agree with that. No question we need to send him back and get some one at least for the sake of getting that bowler used to the English conditions. But our best test seamers are already in England.
Yea, while we haven't got anything by keeping an unfit player in the side, we have certainly ruined the chances of some other bowler. Young players don't get international tour of England everyday. Given that conditions are good there, it would have been good learning experience for him even if he didn't get to play any test matches. If some players wants just to be a spectator, then he can certainly do it without ruining chances of other players. Zaheer Khan is a good bowler, but the approach has been seriously disappointing here.
Wow, what a bunch of crying babies on this thread. Chris Tremlett has been injured at least twice in the last 7-8 months with hamstring, and back problems. I guess the England team must try to wean themselves off him too right? Hell Anderson missed a test against Lanka, Broad missed most of the ashes, I guess they are all unfit, lazy sportsmen, Onions has been injured for god knows how long etc etc. It's must be tough to be so fickle that only a few months ago when Zaheer was one of our most important players in the entire WC to getting a hamstring strain and being asked to retire. :hysterical:
1. Unfit players didn't play in the match. 2. Home teams can always have luxury of shuffling players anytime.
The key for regaining confidence is in hands of batters. I hope we win the toss again and bat first. Thats the only way we can do anything at Oval. Our batting simply has to click.
Exactly. Batting is our main strength and only they lead this team. Probably that's one reason why Ganguly supports batting first.

This is where Duncan Fletcher will earn his paycheck. He is not there to teach technique, but to help the team stay mentally strong and focused on their goals. Gary Kirsten seemed to be adept at this, as did John Wright. I may be reading too much into the Bell incident, but I can't shake off the feeling that there is now a wedge in the team, that Dhoni's authority has been undermined a bit and some players may have mentally checked out. No evidence, just a feeling.

Guest Gunner
This is where Duncan Fletcher will earn his paycheck. He is not there to teach technique, but to help the team stay mentally strong and focused on their goals. Gary Kirsten seemed to be adept at this, as did John Wright. I may be reading too much into the Bell incident, but I can't shake off the feeling that there is now a wedge in the team, that Dhoni's authority has been undermined a bit and some players may have mentally checked out. No evidence, just a feeling.
You might be right there, clearly Dhoni is not in control anymore. Things are probably worse than we think it is. This tour is bringing out all the mental issues of the team to the forefront. The only way for things to calm down is with a win.

WTF is going on, on here? Zak was injured, you can barely blame him for putting on weight! His bowling didn't suffer in that first test, it didn't seem as if he was not practising. Stop being so harsh! The guy has one of the best work ethics in the Indian team, and he was one of the key reasons we won the WC. His metabolism has been messed up though, he gains and loses weight too easily. Really hope the best for him, the guy loves playing for his country too. I don't believe Aaj Tak anyway. They're a load of **** with their news. Zak still may be fit for Edgbaston. Zak on a seaming pitch, fit, is easily a 10/10 bowler up their with Dale Steyn. Everyone else in the Indian team, on their best day, is at most a 7/10. Also NDTV haven't said anything about Zak yet, yet they were the first to report about Dravid's retirement. The news hasn't been verified.