Edgbaston test : Day by day prediction and discussion

Sooda

Edgbaston test : Day by day prediction and discussion  

1. 1.

• Praveen Kumar
    • Ishanth Sharma
    • Sreesanth
    • R.P Singh

everyone calling viru as a flatbully but the fact is the pitch is flat how did england manage so many runs ? pitch is flat from day 1 even in sa tour pitch pitches were flat but still sehwag failed no attacking player is flat pitch bully
People believe ,Flat track =Sub continent pitches

He does not have capability to bowl a single good over, such is his mindset. He did bowl brilliant one over to Pieterson and almost got him. Last spell of the day he looks so tired, runs out of steam. In Trentbridge, all he had to do is keep the pressure from other end when PK was taking wickets with 2nd new ball. Same thing in Cape town.

If the likes of Iqbal and Dilshan can be successful in England as opener' date='s no reason to believe why Sehwag can't be. Needs to restrain himself a little. Oval will be his last chance to reverse the trend of low scores outside Asia (happened in NZ and SA and even here. All the time getting out trying to play attacking shots).[/quote'] Ganguly on Aajtak said that Viru used to be a bit selective and watchful in his shot making in away matches when he first started opening but for last 2-3 years, he does not give respect to bowlers initially. Seriously, you cannot play shot like that on first bowl in England when ball is swinging so much. He needs to a bit watchful. He had a 100 i n 2002.
He does not have capability to bowl a single good over, such is his mindset. He did bowl brilliant one over to Pieterson and almost got him. Last spell of the day he looks so tired, runs out of steam. In Trentbridge, all he had to do is keep the pressure from other end when PK was taking wickets with 2nd new ball. Same thing in Cape town.
I do not agree yesterday he was bowling at 135+ ,but day before he hardly crossed 130, there is something wrong in his action he is not able to repeat it same with ishant
I do not agree yesterday he was bowling at 135+ ' date='but day before he hardly crossed 130, there is something wrong in his action he is not able to repeat it same with ishant[/quote'] Ishant has given it all in the 6 tests he has played in the last 45 days or so that too without much of a breather as the batting hasn't lasted for more than a day most of the times. Naturally his pace is down and rhythm is gone too. What excuse does Sree have? Hs hardly played since the SA tests. 2 matches in the WC, 4-5 matches in the IPL, thats a total of 30 overs in 7 months!! And yet he runs out of steam so quickly. Points to a very poor work ethic.
Ishant has given it all in the 6 tests he has played in the last 45 days or so that too without much of a breather as the batting hasn't lasted for more than a day most of the times. Naturally his pace is down and rhythm is gone too. What excuse does Sree have? Hs hardly played since the SA tests. 2 matches in the WC, 4-5 matches in the IPL, thats a total of 30 overs in 7 months!! And yet he runs out of steam so quickly. Points to a very poor work ethic.
he bowled medium pace in 2nd day and after bowling 20 over next day he bowls at 135+ ,I do not get it either management told him to bowl line and length or he is unfit
On the 4th day............... 1. Dravid is going to resist and score a few before getting out to a jaffer. 2. Gambhir will hang around and then give his wicket away by poking outside the off stump. 3. SRT will get out cheaply AGAIN!! 4. Laxman will play an aggresive knock for a few runs, some lovely drives and then get out to a poor shot like a pull. 5. Raina will be bounced out cheaply. 6. Dhobi will not last long, one innings was enough. The rest will won't last more than 10 overs. It will be all over 1 hour past tea!
You post sensibly, even i have the same feeling. the so called god will fail yet again in this important series. :giggle:
he bowled medium pace in 2nd day and after bowling 20 over next day he bowls at 135+ ' date='I do not get it either management told him to bowl line and length or he is unfit[/quote'] Or maybe he was out of rhythm. Sreesanth has known to be an even worse bowler than usual if he cannot properly find his run up, something which seems to happen pretty often.
:giggle: Even if we bat till lunch tomorrow, we'll probably be behind their score. 450 runs in 4 sessions when trying to save the game is unlikely.
I know that but I was tired of reading depressing comments. So tried writing something which atleast feels good. Anyways I am pretty sure we would be bundled out by today itself and that too by tea :((