Worst moments in Indian cricket.

Midfielder

Would you have taken a loss against Pak in the WC semis if it meant that we'd beat England this summer?
Sure! I in fact was totally cool when Misbah hit a six off Joginder in 2007 and even when he scooped (watching on TV we didn't know how far the ball travelld). It's a different thing altogether that I was totally confident of an Indian win in the WC...I was asserting it for more than a year before the cupo started. But even if India lost to Pak, I wouldn't have minded...in fact I'd have supported Pak to win the cup. But losing to England is a big non-no for me. I mean u lose to even Timbuktu I couldn;t care but not the mother effing English czhoots. Just can't take a loss to them.
Would you have taken a loss against Pak in the WC semis if it meant that we'd beat England this summer?
No way. Before the match in Mohali, i said to myself that no matter what results the Indian team got in the next 4 years it would not matter to me as long as we won the next 2 matches. The World Cup was really special and i would not swap it for anything. I think winning the World Cup was the end of a 2-3 year plan for Dhoni and Kirsten. Once we won that and Kirsten left i think some players felt they had achieved the end goal. This England test series was on paper a massive series but India did not prepare for this series as they should. On the other hand, England have played some excellent cricket in the last 2-3 years and a convincing series win would help them achieve their goal of becoming the number 1 test team in the world. England's preparation was excellent and they played some brilliant cricket. Even if India had prepared as well as possible i still believe that England would have won this. For me the moment Harbhajan roared in delight at getting Afridi's wicket at Mohali was as good as Dhoni's match winning 6 at Wankhede.
Sure! I in fact was totally cool when Misbah hit a six off Joginder in 2007 and even when he scooped (watching on TV we didn't know how far the ball travelld). It's a different thing altogether that I was totally confident of an Indian win in the WC...I was asserting it for more than a year before the cupo started. But even if India lost to Pak, I wouldn't have minded...in fact I'd have supported Pak to win the cup. But losing to England is a big non-no for me. I mean u lose to even Timbuktu I couldn;t care but not the mother effing English czhoots. Just can't take a loss to them.
You a paki, right? Bilateral series with Eng comes every 2 years. Only two teams play. World Cup every 4. 7-8 teams have a chance to win.

Since i started watching cricket during 2003 cricket world cup. the worst moment was when India lost to australia very badly in the finals. again in 2007 the early exit. currently... this 0-4 loss in test and the loss of no.1 position along with it. but we will really bounce back and come from there as we always good at bouncing back and each time we do we are better than what we were before... so England watch out for us when u guys visit us for the home series.

Since I started watching cricket in '96, these would be my worst moments: - Failing to chase 120 against WI in 1997. - Tendulkar's masterpeice of a century going in vain against Pakistan in 1999. - 2007 World Cup - 0-4 embarrassment against England. Probably the worst of the lot, since we were #1 and came with a lot of hype, only to get completely humiliated.
These
No way. Before the match in Mohali, i said to myself that no matter what results the Indian team got in the next 4 years it would not matter to me as long as we won the next 2 matches. The World Cup was really special and i would not swap it for anything. I think winning the World Cup was the end of a 2-3 year plan for Dhoni and Kirsten. Once we won that and Kirsten left i think some players felt they had achieved the end goal. This England test series was on paper a massive series but India did not prepare for this series as they should. On the other hand, England have played some excellent cricket in the last 2-3 years and a convincing series win would help them achieve their goal of becoming the number 1 test team in the world. England's preparation was excellent and they played some brilliant cricket. Even if India had prepared as well as possible i still believe that England would have won this. For me the moment Harbhajan roared in delight at getting Afridi's wicket at Mohali was as good as Dhoni's match winning 6 at Wankhede.
Excellent points made. Agree with except Bhaji's roar :puke:
You a paki, right? Bilateral series with Eng comes every 2 years. Only two teams play. World Cup every 4. 7-8 teams have a chance to win.
Hey screw u man...just live with the fact that I support Pakistan as my second team after India. I was possibly even worse than you when growing up back in the late 80s and early 90s. The loss at Bangalore in 87 was unbearable. But from around 97-98 I started looking at Pakistan beyond my biased eyes...what a team they had man! As a country I just pity them but I really liked some of their players - Waz, the Niazi, Waqar, Inzi, Youhana, Latif, Moin (fu
Since i started watching cricket during 2003 cricket world cup. the worst moment was when India lost to australia very badly in the finals. again in 2007 the early exit. currently... this 0-4 loss in test and the loss of no.1 position along with it. but we will really bounce back and come from there as we always good at bouncing back and each time we do we are better than what we were before... so England watch out for us when u guys visit us for the home series.
Well said, girl!
Hey screw u man...just live with the fact that I support Pakistan as my second team after India. I was possibly even worse than you when growing up back in the late 80s and early 90s. The loss at Bangalore in 87 was unbearable. But from around 97-98 I started looking at Pakistan beyond my biased eyes...what a team they had man! As a country I just pity them but I really liked some of their players - Waz, the Niazi, Waqar, Inzi, Youhana, Latif, Moin (fu Second team ?
Second team ?
Meaning the team I support after India. Suppose India dunn win the trophy then I'd want Pak to win it. My status for Pak support started changing around 98 and totally crystallized after their Chennai victory in 99 and I backed them to win the WC 99 once we were out. While the whole of India was laughing away to glory on the day of the final I was just so pissed coz I thought that Paki team was a team for the Gods. I think at the turn of the millennium Pakistan had the strongest team and India the weakest but boy what a turn around the next decade turned out to be. And Australia came out on top due to sheer will power. I still think Pakis of late 90s were a better team than Aussies of late 90s