Jadeja is actually a good odi player.

I don't understand this maha-stupid logic that if a player is only good in sub-continental conditions and shyt overseas so we should persist with him. This oldie type thinking is one major factor why we always bites the dust whenever we tours abroad
If we have someone better than him in subcontinent conditions, then he should be selected for all the matches. The problem is that our options are limited. YP is yuseless, IP is handy overseas but limited in SC conditions, Jaddu the complete opposite. If Irfan can play well in Sc, then he should be selected.
If we have someone better than him in subcontinent conditions' date=' then he should be selected for all the matches. The problem is that our options are limited. YP is yuseless, IP is handy overseas but limited in SC conditions, Jaddu the complete opposite. If Irfan can play well in Sc, then he should be selected.[/quote'] Point is If Irfan can continue to improve his bowling,we can play a regular spinner in the eleven who will do even better than jadega,At no 7 On Batting ability he will be above jaddu in all conditions.

Jadeja can't be dropped now that he has entered the Chennai Super Kings' camp. I remember reading some statement lately from Dhoni a few days back to the effect that put Jadeja at par with some great all rounders to have played the game by talking about the value and balance he brings to the team. There is way too much corporate money and interest involved for any of the big stars of Indian cricket to be dropped and Jadeja has made the elite group it seems with the notching up a $2 million contract with the owner of the franchise who just happens to be the BCCI president.

Jadeja can't be dropped now that he has entered the Chennai Super Kings' camp. I remember reading some statement lately from Dhoni a few days back to the effect that put Jadeja at par with some great all rounders to have played the game by talking about the value and balance he brings to the team. There is way too much corporate money and interest involved for any of the big stars of Indian cricket to be dropped and Jadeja has made the elite group it seems with the notching up a $2 million contract with the owner of the franchise who just happens to be the BCCI president.
:omg:,Wonder why a google search for Ravindra Jadega bring the tag worlds worst allrounder.:hysterical::hysterical:.No wonder dhoni has lost it.
I don't understand this maha-stupid logic that if a player is only good in sub-continental conditions and shyt overseas so we should persist with him. This oldie type thinking is one major factor why we always bites the dust whenever we tours abroad
Maha-stupid logic be that may, how is that oldie style thinking? Which players did you have in mind that mimiced Jadeja in era bygone?? The bits and bob players I can think of are Madan Lal, Roger Binny and to an extent Manoj Prabhakar and Chetan Sharma. Jadeja is not even remotely suitable to tie shoe laces of any of these players. All these were genuine bowlers and I dare say lot better contributor with bat as well. Jadeja is a poor man's Kirti Azad and very similar to Noel David. And look how many games these two gentlemen played for India.
If we have someone better than him in subcontinent conditions' date=' then he should be selected for all the matches. The problem is that our options are limited. YP is yuseless, IP is handy overseas but limited in SC conditions, Jaddu the complete opposite. If Irfan can play well in Sc, then he should be selected.[/quote'] Konse jhande gaad diye Jaddu ne India me yar... And when IP is in good flow, he has always been a true match winner with ball as well as with bat too even in sub-continent, he is coming into good form I think. Slowly and steadily, IP is coming into his own. Yes, I agree IP is not a test material at the moment but surely, there is no better all-rounder than IP in India for limited over matches. He has millions of experience. When in full flow, IP can make into the team only on the basis of his bowling, forget about his batting. Even Manoj Tiwary or Rohit Sharma can play much better role of an all-rounder spot than Jadeja. Jadeja gets beaten in every second match with the ball and he is useless with the bat. He scores in 1 out of 10 or 12 innings.