'India wasted Aaron in England'-Akram

rkt.india

But he did not know RP Singh was not fit. He said that considering his past exploits in England. Similar case with Aaron as he has seen him in KKR camps and know his potential, so he is asking for his inclusion. Regarding PK, he praised him because PK did well in tests as he was not sure about PK doing well back then. There is no surprise, opinions can be changed, PK has changed it with good things, RPS has changed it with poor show, that is it.
All BS. Remember him talking about RPS during the 3rd test and saying he was impressed with what he saw in the nets and in the IPL and that RPS, had he arrived early, would have helped the team. So he had seen him bowl in the nets, obviously RPS was fat during the nets as well. BTW he also asks for Balaji's inclusion :P
All BS. Remember him talking about RPS during the 3rd test and saying he was impressed with what he saw in the nets and in the IPL and that RPS, had he arrived early, would have helped the team. So he had seen him bowl in the nets, obviously RPS was fat during the nets as well. BTW he also asks for Balaji's inclusion :P
RPS was good in IPL. You need to watch IPL match, he was still fat but was swinging at decent pace bowling in mid 80s mph but break after IPL and then he was on vacations and no practice lead to his downfall. I still consider he is a good bowler and can go to Australia if he loses some weight and back to his fitness. It will need a hard work from his side. We will certainly need a left armer in Aus as Zak is not sure to make it.
He kept on saying "there are so many bowlers like praveen kumar in county cricket they play day in day out".
yes there are many bowlers in counties who can swing the ball and Praveen did not do anything exceptional. He was just okay among some poor bowling performances from other Indian bowlers.
yes there are many bowlers in counties who can swing the ball and Praveen did not do anything exceptional. He was just okay among some poor bowling performances from other Indian bowlers.
Looks like you are back to writing the same crap you used to about PK before the Eng series. Didn't you call him someone like Collingwood or Sourav Ganguly before the series began? If 15 wickets in 3 tests is nothing special, especially when the team had no other bowler taking a wicket, then all I can say is you are biased and bitter after being proved wrong.
Praveen strength is not only swinging the ball many bowlers do it but he gets seam movement also like asif.He did well in england but fact is he is ineffective when pitches are flat .
Looks like you are back to writing the same crap you used to about PK before the Eng series. Didn't you call him someone like Collingwood or Sourav Ganguly before the series began? If 15 wickets in 3 tests is nothing special, especially when the team had no other bowler taking a wicket, then all I can say is you are biased and bitter after being proved wrong.
There is no way praveen could lead our attack in the future. Praveen doesn't have the ability to run through a side. He can be some one like tom moody or angelo mathews. He could become lethal if he adds another 10kmph, i am afraid he is not gonna do in the future.
How many of they wee taken with first new ball? Yes he was good but nothing exceptional. He was good steady operator who kept it tight, but was never good enough to challenge England batsmen.
Didn't you call him someone like Collingwood or Sourav Ganguly before the series began?
It was me who first talked about him to be taken for England and play ahead of Sreesanth. Remember that and for that I made a thread too. I am not proved wrong because I never said he will not do well in England but he is still a Collingwood and Ganguly kind of a bowler and I dont see him being a long term solution of our fast bowling woes. If we want to become no. one again, we will need better bowlers.
RPS was good in IPL. You need to watch IPL match' date=' he was still fat but was swinging at decent pace bowling in mid 80s mph but break after IPL and then he was on vacations and no practice lead to his downfall. I still consider he is a good bowler and can go to Australia if he loses some weight and back to his fitness. It will need a hard work from his side. We will certainly need a left armer in Aus as Zak is not sure to make it.[/quote'] Rp should use his hyper extension elbows like he did few years back, i dont know what made him slower in few years, he was never the same bowler after he lost his pace.
How many of they wee taken with first new ball? Yes he was good but nothing exceptional. He was good steady operator who kept it tight, but was never good enough to challenge England batsmen. It was me who first talked about him to be taken for England and play ahead of Sreesanth. Remember that and for that I made a thread too. I am not proved wrong because I never said he will not do well in England but he is still a Collingwood and Ganguly kind of a bowler and I dont see him being a long term solution of our fast bowling woes. If we want to become no. one again, we will need better bowlers.
Bias, bitterness written all over in that post. All this just because he doesn't bowl 140 kmph :P I find it funny that you are asking how many wickets with the first new ball, cos you were the one who has been crying hoarse about how a crap bowler PK is with the older ball and how ineffective he was going to be once the ball lost its shine. If only we had another bowler in England who, like PK, had taken 15 wickets in 3 tests, with a old new or 100 overs wala ball, we would have done much better than how we eventually ended. Wether PK doesnt take a wicket in the future is immaterial here, fact is he has taken 27 wickets in the 6 tests he has played so far. He got his chance and proved his worth and made a number of critics like you eat humble pie.

don't know why there is this sudden fascination for aaron. he was pretty ordinary in the IPL.in the warm up game against leicestershire he went wicket less for 34 runs in his 3 overs, in supposedly helpful conditions. pace is of no use if you can't bowl in the right places.

Bias, bitterness written all over in that post. All this just because he doesn't bowl 140 kmph :P I find it funny that you are asking how many wickets with the first new ball, cos you were the one who has been crying hoarse about how a crap bowler PK is with the older ball and how ineffective he was going to be once the ball lost its shine. If only we had another bowler in England who, like PK, had taken 15 wickets in 3 tests, with a old new or 100 overs wala ball, we would have done much better than how we eventually ended. Wether PK doesnt take a wicket in the future is immaterial here, fact is he has taken 27 wickets in the 6 tests he has played so far. He got his chance and proved his worth and made a number of critics like you eat humble pie.
He did not take wickets even with older ball. He took most of his wickets with second new ball when there was no worth of these wickets. I am not bitter. i was the one guy who wanted to see him in Indian team even before he was selected. Most people did not even know who is Praveen Kumar but I was following him and knew what he can do. You can say he did well because all others were poor, but he did not do anything exceptional. His bowling average among all bowlers from both sides was still far behind as well as SR rate. He is not a kind of a bowler who can take 50/5. He can be used only as a support bowler. He did good, but we need to find better bowlers who can have impact on a match which PK cannot have. I am not eating humble pie because even Munna had 24 wickets in 6 tests, sreesanth had 44 wickets in 11 tests and with better SR and average, but PK Is far behind and inferior bowler to these two when they first came. And it is not just me who is saying this. India's one of the best captain Saurav Ganguly said the same thing even after good performance of PK in tests. This is our soft seam bowling which allowed England get over us completely in test series. There was nothing penetrating apart from a few spells of Ishant where our bowling looked some thing. There was too much gentleness in the attack.