Moderators - please help out

fineleg

On behalf of someone who is trying to register here and he is having trouble. I registered on indiancricketfans.com a couple of times with the handles 'hopeeternal' and 'eternalhope', but could not succeed in completing the registration process, as the email which was to be sent on completion of registration where you click the link to complete the process never arrived. I mailed them about this two to three times with no reply. If you know any of the mods there or can correspond with them, can you please contact them and get my account activated with any of the two handles I mentioned before, 'eternalhope' or 'hopeeternal'. I can log in but cannot post with both these handles. No email in BULK or SPAM folders - checked that as well. Can you ask Mods to help me?

That's a bit strange. There are people that are registering almost on a daily basis without any issues of lost email. I will go ahead and enable both the accounts and you can get him/her to try both the logins. Then let us know the one to keep and we will delete the other.

I've enabled both the userIDs for now. Both user ids had yahoo mail as the registered mail and I suspect foul play by yahoo. If you had a setting to delete the trash/bulk folders every time you exit yahoo email the emails sent by us would have been deleted.

Yeah, all our videos are tagged without the www. You guys should try to sort this out ASAP, 'cos this site will experience a hell of a lot of traffic in the next week or so as the videos grow in popularity and also because the Indian cricket team will be playing... PS; i still have to refresh each page manually to see the updates.

PS; i still have to refresh each page manually to see the updates.
You're on IE right ? We're working towards a fix for that. It requires some changes from the webhost and might take a couple of days.

Yeah, IE 7. Firefox people don't seem to have the same problem, but unfortunately not everyone uses Firefox... Any chance of the bookmaker or super selector being set up for when the cricket starts ?
Bookmaker might be easier to setup.. SS.. hmm, I'll see what I can do. I'm a tad busy with my work these days so don't get much time to do work on the site... But maybe we'll spring something else up on u guys

I've enabled both the userIDs for now. Both user ids had yahoo mail as the registered mail and I suspect foul play by yahoo. If you had a setting to delete the trash/bulk folders every time you exit yahoo email the emails sent by us would have been deleted.
Thanks Ravi. BTW - I am still having my own troubles with Internet Explorer! Lets see. I have sent a note to the user, and he will let u know which to delete after he is able to get here first - BTW Why cant I use icons (smileys) in Firefox? Looks like some functionality is lost in IE and others lost in Firefox?

Thanks Ravi. BTW - I am still having my own troubles with Internet Explorer! Lets see. I have sent a note to the user' date=' and he will let u know which to delete after he is able to get here first - BTW Why cant I use icons (smileys) in Firefox? Looks like some functionality is lost in IE and others lost in Firefox?[/quote'] I'm using firefox, and don't see that problem. Could you elaborate on what exactly is the problem ? You can't see them, or you can't "use" them ? Try clicking on "Go Advanced" while replying to see if it still doesn't work.

I'm using firefox' date=' and don't see that problem. Could you elaborate on what exactly is the problem ? You can't see them, or you can't "use" them ? Try clicking on "Go Advanced" while replying to see if it still doesn't work.[/quote'] I can click on the smiley with my mouse but nothing happens. If I type it in manually it works :thumbs_up: But if I click with my mouse on smiley or "Bold" - it does not work. Maybe Javascript disabled somewhere in my Firefox...have to check... And why does it print those weird ; quot characters!?