Yuvraj Singh ready to fire

Like I said in another thread, IMO Yuvi is our best ODI bat in the last 2 years and showed a lot of consistency in the 2005-late 2006 period. If he can perform like he did then, we will have no problems steam rolling sides in ODIs.

Good knock by Yuvi, although, one must admit he was very scratchy in the beginning of his innings and he had four close chances. Anyhow, all the best as he seems to be finding some form for the England tour. Now with him doing well in the ODI series, what changes would this bring for him in the Test Squad for the England tour. For him to make it into the team, poor Laxman misses out.

Good knock by Yuvi, although, one must admit he was very scratchy in the beginning of his innings and he had four close chances. Anyhow, all the best as he seems to be finding some form for the England tour. Now with him doing well in the ODI series, what changes would this bring for him in the Test Squad for the England tour. For him to make it into the team, poor Laxman misses out.
Feel glad that India's best batsman has once again struck form. When Yuvraj fires, more often than not - no one stops India from winning. This guy transforms India's batting lineup; adding muscle, class and the kind of nerveless aggression which any bowler worth his salt will always be wary of. No matter how many dot balls he plays out when the match is going down ot the wire, you just know he will finish it off. Like i said earlier - that is the AURA of a true WINNER. Look out, India's MVP is back.

Some stats He has made 35 scores of 50+, and no less than 27 have resulted in wins for India. 77% of 50+ scores made by Yuvraj have resulted in a victory for India. This is when counting today's win, but also a flawed stat because it discounts other valuable innings such as that 49* he scored vs SA the other day. I don't think any other Indian batsman matches that (will look up corresponding stats later). He is India's MVP, no doubt about it