SACHIN TENDULKAR 65 vs SL @ Eden Gardens - '96 WC SF

Predator_05

He seems to be widely popular for the time-being, so here is another Tendulkar video for you maniacs to enjoy. The 1996 World Cup semi final - India lost, but this was one terrific innings from Tendulkar. Arguably one of the worst pitches i've ever seen. Myself, and all the millions who watched this match will always wonder why Azharuddin refused to take first strike even after the curator had told him that the pitch would deteriorate... lbzdyyxeIq0

Nice complition there Pred ! One of the absolute heart-breakers for me, this match. It was shcking to see Indian batsman who followed Sachin be incapable of even surviving, let alone scoring.. Jus goes on to show what class batsman Sachin ( and Aravinda ) were..

The only cricket match that reduced me to tears. Why Azhar why! Aravinda is my favourite SLan cricketer ever. What a sight to watch! 66(47) was simply breathktaking. Distinctly remember his on the up cover drives.

Kumble's googly to get DeSilva was a cracker as well. It was one of the most befuddling decisions to bowl first. The opening ceremony was staged on the pitch for FFS. How could you expect it to be anything but underprepared. Two lost opportunities in WCs '96 and '03 due to moronic toss calls.