West Indies tour of India, Nov-Dec 2011

ganeshran

Rohit should be brought in the test squad as soon as possible. Yuvraaj's selection is baffling. Selectors and Yuvraaj himself need to understand that he was never a test batsman and will never be in the future. So it is time to look to others.
++ His FC record (avg ~60) is much better than Kohli (~52). Which does not guarantee similar performance in tests, but w/o trying we would not know. What is the use of performing in FC then, if that does not earn you even a chance. Kohli has definitely earned preferred spot in ODIs. But, in tests, Rohit must be tried ahead of Kohli - on home ground, and esp after how he performed in WI ODIs.

Excited at the fast bowling selections. Ishant has been our standaout bowler in the last 2 test series and both Umesh and Varun have plenty of pace. But I am stumped- Rahane is a fine player, butwhat happened to Mukund? He was actually one of the few batsmen in the England series who got better as time went on. In fact, wasnt he the only batsmen to score a 100 on the entire tour? (in the tour game). Besides, Mukund has already played in the Windies bowlers in some really tough conditions in the Windies. He could have done REALLY well against them at home. But then of course - both Viru and Gautam are fit and available, so it probably doesnt really matter.

I think Ashwin debuting is the most intriguing part of this, though I understand the interest in the fast bowling. RA has been very consistent in ODIs and the way he "works" batsmen out might serve him well in Tests. I hope he does well, and is encouraged to attack. Certainly it will be the first time in a while an Indian spinner goes into a Test on consistent form.

Excited at the fast bowling selections. Ishant has been our standaout bowler in the last 2 test series and both Umesh and Varun have plenty of pace. But I am stumped- Rahane is a fine player, butwhat happened to Mukund? He was actually one of the few batsmen in the England series who got better as time went on. In fact, wasnt he the only batsmen to score a 100 on the entire tour? (in the tour game). Besides, Mukund has already played in the Windies bowlers in some really tough conditions in the Windies. He could have done REALLY well against them at home. But then of course - both Viru and Gautam are fit and available, so it probably doesnt really matter.
Someone scored 3 centuries for india:--D
Completely agree about Mukund. It is the height of unfairness to give a 21-year old a debut on some tough pitches in WI and England, and then discard him after he showed some potential (yes, he has some technical weaknesses but which young Indian batsman doesn't? More importantly he didn't look out of place at Test level, impressive given his lack of experience at international level and in FC cricket away from home). I would have picked both Rahane and Mukund, leaving out Yuvraj. At this stage, its more important they are in the mix for India rather than worrying too much about what position they bat at - and in any case, it is easier to make the transition from opener to middle-order than vice versa.
^ He was talking abt Dravid
err im talking about RD!You must have thought about bhajji lol
Sorry poyz - i am slightly rusty with cricket.. havent been watching too much lately. :--D Yes, apart from the Great Wall of India, wasnt Mukund the only other Indian batsmen to score a 100 on the tour? :D