West Indies tour of India, Nov-Dec 2011

ganeshran

I'd have Tiwary for Rohit m Aaron for VK
Tiwary was a total failure in WI and against England. To me he is another Badri , domestic bully. The way he bats in intl. games is :facepalm: worthy. No idea where his off-stump is. I'd love to have Aaron but as we've seen VK is a senior member so automatic selection in the XI. :P

WTF Pappu again :facepalm: Otherwise it will be interesting to see Veeru the kaptaan goes in with both Aaron and Umesh or with slinga trundler from RCB. Now I am convinced Yuvi wasnt dropped from the test side and I think his selection for Aus series cant also be counted out now.And coming to injury,illness or whatever it is,I must say Yuvi gets injured far too many times.Its so sad to see the Yuvi the athlete changed to Yuvi the revital.

Tiwary was a total failure in WI and against England. To me he is another Badri , domestic bully. The way he bats in intl. games is :facepalm: worthy. No idea where his off-stump is. I'd love to have Aaron but as we've seen VK is a senior member so automatic selection in the XI. :P
Tiwary should be given enuf chances like Rohit,Rohit has been a failure too.both shouldnt have been in the squad but now I'll prefer Tiwary

Tiwary and Badri are test players... playing them in ODIs and saying they have been given oppourtunities are just a means to ruin their careers.... even in IPL it has been seen the way badri and tiwary played although there were a few good knocks here and there they struggled and therefore its pretty much clear that LOI are not their forte.... should try them at the test level...

Tiwary should be given enuf chances like Rohit' date=Rohit has been a failure too.both shouldnt have been in the squad but now I'll prefer Tiwary
I agree on this. But Tiwary has not shown any promise yet. Rohit played some very good knocks in the start of his career. And also he was excellent in WI last time he played, a big reason why we won that ODI series , where tiwary failed. SO it's fair to give Rohit some games first , if he fails then they can try tiwary.
so did many of our "maharathis" in the early part of their career.
Seriously are you comparing Pappu to them? He is not an ODI opener(proved this time and again) and a misfit as a middle order batsman(dont want to talk about his keeping).Dont know why the selectors are backing him.It was a perfect oppurtunity to give Saha a full series and see what he can do.
Seriously are you comparing Pappu to them? He is not an ODI opener(proved this time and again) and a misfit as a middle order batsman(dont want to talk about his keeping).Dont know why the selectors are backing him.It was a perfect oppurtunity to give Saha a full series and see what he can do.
No. But I'm saying that even some of our better batsmen had low averages at the start of their career but we gave them many chances so he surely deserves some more chances, especially considering that he (or other reserve keepers) only get to play when Dhoni rests.