Whats your take on Citizenship

dial_100

Good for you, but you never forgot your roots Instead of Milkmaid, you are "gai ka dood" :thumbs_up:
Rajeev I sincerely wish you best of luck if you decide to move back . For some the move will work and for others it just won't work. I should have gone with "Milkwalla". Would have been best of both worlds :hysterical:

Based on personal experience of having spent substantial time in living both in India and the US,I can say with ease that provided you earn a decent salary you can enjoy a very comfortable life in India. You have access to all the modern amenities life has to offer.Granted that infrastructure is no where like west but its improving. There are numerous people who are going back because they feel they can do better there professionally.I would say earlier even if you wanted to go back you coudnt because apart from personal attachments there was not much else to look forward to. This has pleasantly changed in the last 5 years or so. Now all this can differ based on what your personal goals and preferences are in life. No matter how much the western media downplays India's achievements or many NRI's who think that most of India still lives in shanties and begs alms,India is well alive and kicking.

You need to have strong family ties to be tempted to return back. That IMO is a necessary but not a sufficient condition. There are some immigrants who wouldn't even imagine ever settling back and rightly so. For them, it makes no difference where they live. Now why would you want to get into the bureaucracy mess, lack of infrastructure, living standards, etc, if you can avoid it? Now for others, they are willing to make a compromise cause they are getting something else in return like being closer to siblings, etc. And even though for many, on paper there are enough reasons to go back, they may not be in the right financial or family situation to go back now. Doesn't mean they aren't planning or can't feel strongly about going back. And Mandrake is right. India has grown leaps and bounds. The India a decade ago would have been a much more difficult place for NRIs to go back to than the one today.

You need to have strong family ties to be tempted to return back' date=' IMO.[/quote'] Career is another big factor.....its gotta do with opportunities....many eye better career prospects and much faster professional growth.This has been a major reason for many to return. Of course family ties are important and in general we all have deep ties back home.

Career is another big factor.....its gotta do with opportunities....many eye better career prospects and much faster professional growth.This has been a major reason for many to return. Of course family ties are important and in general we all have deep ties back home.
many have all siblings abroad (and even close to where they live) and see absolutely no reason to move.

Based on personal experience of having spent substantial time in living both in India and the US,I can say with ease that provided you earn a decent salary you can enjoy a very comfortable life in India. You have access to all the modern amenities life has to offer.Granted that infrastructure is no where like west but its improving. There are numerous people who are going back because they feel they can do better there professionally.I would say earlier even if you wanted to go back you coudnt because apart from personal attachments there was not much else to look forward to. This has pleasantly changed in the last 5 years or so. Now all this can differ based on what your personal goals and preferences are in life. No matter how much the western media downplays India's achievements or many NRI's who think that most of India still lives in shanties and begs alms,India is well alive and kicking.
:top:

Thanks. I will do it myself then. Lurks, Sri, Some nice discussion there. My personal experience is that I never realized what India is until I came here. I have learnt lot about our country. Right now I am in the middle of something. If I manage to get it sorted out, I will probably think over going back seriously. At least going back, I dont have to worry about where am I going to stay. I am fully convinced what I am going to gain of going back. Rajiv, I can exactly feel the way you are saying. I feel exactly the same way.