Sometimes when I see foreigners blithely eating raw lettuce in Chinese restaurants, I worry for them

gorah_pindu

I eat loads of raw lettuce!!!:sad_smile: I hope it is not chinese.Waisay when it comes to food ...i almost never buy food from outside of India(not that we don't have pollutants in food here) ...and I never ever buy super clean shiny veggies and fruits.

I never eat in a Chinese restaurant. I go out for Indian sometimes but only to small family run restaurants. I have seen first hand what goes on in desi and specially Chinese restaurants! Let me give you a good example of a Chinese restaurant . I was eating in a London walla restaurant and decided to take a leak. Went to the toilet and the kitchen was right next doors with the kitchen door wide open. The toilet floor had 1cm layer of water and this water went few metres into the kitchen. Uncut meat was lying on kitchen floor and getting marinated in pissy water :hysterical: Chinese and hygiene don't go well together. Chinese make desi restaurants look good :omg_smile:

There was something on this on CNN yesterday as well. It seems like there was some banned chemical in fish as well. I switched over to organic food around 3-4 years back and am pretty particular that the animal products I consume are organic.
Lucky you. Organic food costs an arm & a leg here. A whole 2 pound chicken is 7 bucks...an organic chicken of the same size is usually 15-16. Ofcoure, the grocery store i go to is owned by a chinese guy and its very popular here...i hope he doesnt buy his fresh veggies from china..

Lucky you. Organic food costs an arm & a leg here. A whole 2 pound chicken is 7 bucks...an organic chicken of the same size is usually 15-16. Ofcoure, the grocery store i go to is owned by a chinese guy and its very popular here...i hope he doesnt buy his fresh veggies from china..
It is more expensive here as well but the over all difference comes to around $150 a month or thereabouts for me which I don't have any major qualms paying up on specially the animal products. Initially, my switch was only for animal products and slowly have migrated almost entirely. But am not fussy about it in the sense that I still enjoy eating out at places where I know the stuff is not organic.

It is more expensive here as well but the over all difference comes to around $150 a month or thereabouts for me which I don't have any major qualms paying up on specially the animal products. Initially' date=' my switch was only for animal products and slowly have migrated almost entirely. But am not fussy about it in the sense that I still enjoy eating out at places where I know the stuff is not organic.[/quote'] Difference is like $150 ?? Thats my two-month grocery budget ! :hysterical::hysterical:

Maris- when you are making $40/hr, its like 1 day's work after taxes. :haha:
Only , i earn $40 a day ! :hysterical: I also want to buy organic products. When I go to smith's market place to buy the veggies, the organic and the normal ones are stacked next to each other. I stare longingly at the organic ones like a poor child would do in front of a toy shop , gather myself and push the cart towards the cheap stuff ! :hysterical:

Yoda' date='are you an active trader. I think it may be a good idea for us to start a thread on stocks which will have info of what we bought , why we bought etc.[/quote'] I wouldn't call myself an active trader, although I am learning some trading techniques, still in paper mode. I am more of an active investor. Buys and sells are a little complicated cause they involve advanced charting techniques and services which I pay for. If you want to read what some others are doing with their stock investing, see the Stocks forum on elite trader: http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?forumid=51

How is banking sector doing.... Someone told me it's better to buy share of banks than put money in banks.. checking account ka matlab hai paisa lutana aur main wahin kar raha hun:cry_smile:
Arre boss I was in the same boat thinking of putting money in stocks. Guess what? I did not do anything for years and kept getting .1%. Savings is rather easy to do. Go to bank and get it done, no hassles nothing. Plus this ensures safety. If you have all your money in checking imagine what can happen if you lose your check book or your debit card by any chance? xxx

Arre boss I was in the same boat thinking of putting money in stocks. Guess what? I did not do anything for years and kept getting .1%. Savings is rather easy to do. Go to bank and get it done, no hassles nothing. Plus this ensures safety. If you have all your money in checking imagine what can happen if you lose your check book or your debit card by any chance? xxx
you dont even need to go the bank. You can open the high yield accounts online. Most decent ones give between 4 and 5

Guest dada_rocks
you dont even need to go the bank. You can open the high yield accounts online. Most decent ones give between 4 and 5
And which are those high yield accounts..

I wouldn't call myself an active trader, although I am learning some trading techniques, still in paper mode. I am more of an active investor. Buys and sells are a little complicated cause they involve advanced charting techniques and services which I pay for. If you want to read what some others are doing with their stock investing, see the Stocks forum on elite trader: http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?forumid=51
Thanks.