Favourite TV shows

suma25

The best thing about star Trek is that is does not predict a dystopian future for the human race where violence and destruction is the norm unlike most science fiction and humans progressively become more civilized as time progresses. The second part is that it explores questions of ethics and morality. A lot of times social issues on earth (race, stigma associated with HIV, religious fundamentalism) are depicted but as similar customs in alien species. So it is able to get away with an objective commentary on sensitive issues that other shows arent

Don't watch the movies. They are all trash, at least the new ones are. You can start with any of the major series, but it is advisable to go in the following chronological order Star trek Star trek next generation Star trek ds9 Star trek voyager Star trek enterprise. The best in my opinion were in the following order. Star trek next generation(This has some masterpiece episodes) Star trek ds9(This is longest continous storyline)/ Star trek original series(The one which started it all) Star trek voyager(ok). Star trek enterprise(not good). The greatness of star trek in my opinion is much beyond the gadgetry and empty style which abrahams movies are full off. You need to watch some great episodes in star trek next generation to get this.
thanks a lot. I'll watch it in this order now

Star trek Star trek next generation Star trek ds9 Star trek voyager Star trek enterprise.
Enterprise sets a tone for the early years, on how the Federation came together and the early part of Vulcan-human relationships. I liked watching that first before moving to the TNG and TOS

Enterprise sets a tone for the early years' date=' on how the Federation came together and the early part of Vulcan-human relationships. I liked watching that first before moving to the TNG and TOS[/quote'] It is not necessary in my opinion. It is like those spiderman and batman reboots(they were good but enterprise was not in my opinion). Just because they claim to tell the story on the early years, doesn't mean you must watch them to understand the other series. Beyond the 1st season, enterprise was a disaster, at least for me. All those xindi masala ruined what star trek was supposed to be. That's the reason it never went beyond season 4. But i agree that evolution of the vulcan human relationship was one of the best things in season 1.

It is not necessary in my opinion. It is like those spiderman and batman reboots(they were good but enterprise was not in my opinion). Just because they claim to tell the story on the early years' date=' doesn't mean you must watch them to understand the other series. Beyond the 1st season, enterprise was a disaster, at least for me. All those xindi masala ruined what star trek was supposed to be. That's the reason it never went beyond season 4. But i agree that evolution of the vulcan human relationship was one of the best things in season 1.[/quote'] Ya season 3 was chaotic with the Xindi plot. The repeated time travel back and forth got tiresome and the season had no soul in it. But I still like Enterprise because my favorite vulcan (no its not spock :giggle:) T'pol features in it.

What happened to anil kapoor's desi 24? anyone know anything about it?
the show will premier in August.
I hope he doesn't screw it up. Aamir khan's character in Sarfarosh would have been best for an indian 24.
I am sure that this show will be a massive failure.
anil kapoor ruins everything. now he's gonna ruin my favorite show :wall:
I am expecting his body hair shedding to ruin every crime scene.

any tips on how to cope when your fav tv show ends? i finally finished watching all six seasons of gossip girl i dont know what to do with my life anymore tomorrow morning will be so different...i will wake up but i wont be curious to find out who the real gossip girl is :((

any tips on how to cope when your fav tv show ends? i finally finished watching all six seasons of gossip girl i dont know what to do with my life anymore tomorrow morning will be so different...i will wake up but i wont be curious to find out who the real gossip girl is :((
Rewatch it. :winky:

Anil Kapoor is so immature.I have yet to see him open his mouth and not end with jhakass!:blink:
He was much more mature and a better actor in his youth. He is currently going through a giant mid-life crisis (very much like Amitabh went through his Lal Badshah days). Hope he has a second coming, playing his age, like Bacchan did.

In TMKOC, I wonder what they will do with Tappu sena if the show is still aired in 2-3 years time. They will look about 15-16 by then so will they introduce chammak challo in there because the boys will be in to girls unless they portray them as nerds?

Find a new show?

He was much more mature and a better actor in his youth. He is currently going through a giant mid-life crisis (very much like Amitabh went through his Lal Badshah days). Hope he has a second coming' date=' playing his age, like Bacchan did.[/quote'] Wasn't he going jhakass right from his ram lakhan days?Or are you talking about his 1st few movies?