Calling all southies. Why this kolaveri di?

Holysmoke

Lyrics were good in Tamil? The words "aaha aaha" repeated ad nauseum and the various cricket clicking sounds are a mainstay part of the Tamil lexicon?
yup lyrics were very good in Tamil. Tamil lyrics usually involve a lot of metaphors comparing the beauty of women to nature. When this is verbatim translated into English/Hindi, it sounds stupid, but that is pretty much true for poetry in any language.

yup lyrics were very good in Tamil. Tamil lyrics usually involve a lot of metaphors comparing the beauty of women to nature. When this is verbatim translated into English/Hindi, it sounds stupid, but that is pretty much true for poetry in any language.
Yup. You need to understand the language and the semantics to appreciate it. Many things are lost in translation.

Yup. You need to understand the language and the semantics to appreciate it. Many things are lost in translation.
I SAW THE MOVIE IN TAMIL (with subtitles). STOP TRYING TO PULL A QUICK ONE ON ME HERE. :P I'm not passing any generalization on Tamil cinema. TN produces great actors once in a while. Badrinath comes to mind. He acts as if he can bat and has managed to fool many a selector. I'm only talking about the this one song. It has clicking sounds. While I may not be up to date with the recent additions in the Merriam Websters' Tamil edition, I think its safe to say that clicking sounds and sounds of horses' hooves are not a part of the Tamil language. Why you guys are defending that with "oh this song has great lyrics in Tamil" is beyond me. :confused:

I SAW THE MOVIE IN TAMIL (with subtitles). STOP TRYING TO PULL A QUICK ONE ON ME HERE. :P I'm not passing any generalization on Tamil cinema. TN produces great actors once in a while. Badrinath comes to mind. He acts as if he can bat and has managed to fool many a selector. I'm only talking about the this one song. It has clicking sounds. While I may not be up to date with the recent additions in the Merriam Websters' Tamil edition, I think its safe to say that clicking sounds and sounds of horses' hooves are not a part of the Tamil language. Why you guys defending that with "oh this song has great lyrics in Tamil" is beyond me. :confused:
As usual great writing how much time you take to write a single essay :hatsoff:

I SAW THE MOVIE IN TAMIL (with subtitles). STOP TRYING TO PULL A QUICK ONE ON ME HERE. :P I'm not passing any generalization on Tamil cinema. TN produces great actors once in a while. Badrinath comes to mind. He acts as if he can bat and has managed to fool many a selector. I'm only talking about the this one song. It has clicking sounds. While I may not be up to date with the recent additions in the Merriam Websters' Tamil edition, I think its safe to say that clicking sounds and sounds of horses' hooves are not a part of the Tamil language. Why you guys are defending that with "oh this song has great lyrics in Tamil" is beyond me. :confused:
Here is a translation - http://tamilyrics.wordpress.com/2010/08/22/kilimanjaro-translated-into-english-endhiran-lyrics/ But yeah, Translation to english looks out of place.

Why this insecurity dear Northies? U need our actors and actresses and directors and tech crew to sell ur movies... we garner both critical appreciation as well as chrurn out blockbusters which gross more than ur stupid video game movies... we appreciate actors for what they are, not by the no. of abs they have on their body (our avg coconut climber guy has a better six pack than your SRK)

^^I bet you would approved if the same sequence had SRK and Kajol in it. :winky:
srk - kajol 1000000000000 times better than rajni. was watching sivaji dub on tv. amitabh bacchan, my ass. :haha: and what's with the bald head tapping. :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: